Is Clannad done ?

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Is Clannad done ?

Postby PierreC » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Ive asked that question before but i didnt get an answer.

Is anyone think Clannad will go on tour again sometime soon ? Will they release another album ?

They seem to enjoy playing with other musicians. It doesnt smell go :cry:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm

I don't know... There are still plans for that acoustic album, as far as I know. And Sinéad accidentally said something about a possible tour/gigs, but that was like half a year ago already...
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:15 pm

This discussion's been going on for years :lol: The short answer I think is, we never know!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:23 am

Unfortunately, we cannot know the answer to this unless the group makes an announcement :|

Rumours may abound - and probably will - but only the group knows the real answer to this.

And yes, we're still waiting for this 'unplugged' album to arrive .... to begin with, I thought that there'd be no way I'd buy it. But thinking about it more over time, I probably will: even if there's no new material, the arrangements will be very different and that could make for an interesting listening experience.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby pietree » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:02 am

I think it is not done in terms of jigs and concerts as long as they don't announce that officially. That is why I strongly hope that there will be some new concerts, at least in Ireland.

As for a new album, every year its release is becoming less probable. The new unplugged release has been mentioned by the Duggans and I think it will be released sooner or later, as a continuation of their comeback. However, my opinion is that a completely new album with new songs is rather improbable.
"Forgotten is the race that no one knows"
pietree
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:36 pm

You go to Clannad site and its very...calm !

Not much news around. I should have gone to there last tour in UK march 08. I changed my mind and now i regret it. :cry:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:48 pm

PierreC wrote: I should have gone to there last tour in UK march 08. I changed my mind and now i regret it. :cry:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm afraid, Pierre! :roll:

As the others have said, until something official is said, we just don't know. Having said that, try thinking of it this way - No news is (hopefully) good news, because it leaves the possibility of something in the future, whether it be a new album, concerts or both.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Dab051176 wrote:
PierreC wrote: I should have gone to there last tour in UK march 08. I changed my mind and now i regret it. :cry:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm afraid, Pierre! :roll:

As the others have said, until something official is said, we just don't know. Having said that, try thinking of it this way - No news is (hopefully) good news, because it leaves the possibility of something in the future, whether it be a new album, concerts or both.

From what Moya has said in interviews, I don't think they will ever issue such a categorical statement about the end of Clannad. If I remember correctly, Moya said that they couldn't separate because they would still be a family anyhow and that their musical endeavours had always emerged naturally. Besides, after like what - a ten years' break? - they decided to go on tour again, so we can still hope ;)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Return to Clannad