New Clannad album!

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby pietree » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:14 am

I guess that when creating new songs and tunes Clannad members usually start with creating their acoustic versions and work on them and after that they make some electronic sounds and effects and stuff. Maybe that makes their songs kind of catchy and easy to play or sing?
And I must say I've always admired them for their ability to redo various tunes and songs in different styles. Jazzy and new age'y was kind of trendy in the 90s. It was their niche in the 90s just rock was their niche in the late 80s.
"Forgotten is the race that no one knows"
pietree
Enthusiastic Member

Postby eadgyth » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Piotr, you're right, there are some great tunes in the series that never made it onto the album. I'd really love to have the chant that later on became Caislean Oir in its original version somewhere. I really loved that one!
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Roibeard Óg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Grania wrote:Yeah, but it looked like a living room, am I right? With the gorgeous grand piano?

Boy, we're getting worse :lol:

Tell me about it, I just watched the programme three times to be sure :lol:

It must be the living room! I have no idea where I got the idea of the kitchen from - and that piano is gorgeous!! xD
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Isn't it just? Do you reckon that's down in Wicklow? *drools*
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Any news about the album. It'r April now. Maybe there are some problems...
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 am

Well, Moya is in the middle of her tour, and I know the Duggans will in the Netherlands for the Tilia Festival in 2 weeks... Perhaps something like that?
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:14 pm

i guess clannad are still with sony/bmg, a lot of there albums have been released at the autumn winter time. i hope there is a new album and it is not just talk.
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby wheel1202 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:48 am

does any one know when this Album is comming out and it an unplugged album becouse i think that will be great just think of thr vocalization on it and of couse the traditanal instrumants. please please keep me informed
wheel1202

Postby Methica » Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 pm

As far as I know there in no information yet. We only know what was told before... I haven't heard anything news...
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby richard » Wed May 20, 2009 12:03 am

i wonder if they have made it into the studio or was the told of a unplugged album a fantasy?. they are all so busy with there own projects i cannot see them having the time to get back together in the studio!
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Thu May 21, 2009 5:33 pm

I have had contact with someone and she told me she has heard Moya talking about the unplugged album a while ago, but hasn't heard anything new yet...
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby maulwurfinchen » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:35 pm

didn't anybody get the chance to talk to padraig or noel when they were in holland? when i talked to them in antwerp last year they were really nice and easygoing and i know from a german guy that they told him about the "landmarks" album at a gig beforehand. (well, that was ages ago...)

i can't wait to get a new release and no best-of album. i don't need best of albums as i have all cds and 2 records.
maulwurfinchen

What documentary?

Postby Gina B » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi! Several of you have mentioned a documentary with Ciaran playing a piano in the background...can you direct me to that documentary? I am in the US and it's hard to find things like that about Moya and Clannad. I'd love to be able to view it, perhaps online somewhere? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I saw Moya in Pawling, NY, USA in June of this year and she is as gifted, beautiful, sweet, and kind as ever.

Thanks, Gina
Peace
Gina B

Postby Grania » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Gina.

As regards that documentary, someone might be able to point you to it, but I think to be honest you'll be lucky. Those are old posts, referring to a documentary about Clannad that was shown on the Irish Gaelic television channel TG4 around Christmas.

HOWEVER :lol: TG4 do occasionally come up trumps for us Brennan fans, and if you look in a topic I posted in 'Rattle Bag' a short time ago entitled 'Imeall' there should be some instructions there about how to reach a small interview with Moya. :wink:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Grania wrote:Welcome to the forum Gina.

As regards that documentary, someone might be able to point you to it, but I think to be honest you'll be lucky. Those are old posts, referring to a documentary about Clannad that was shown on the Irish Gaelic television channel TG4 around Christmas.

I've finally remembered it!!! :roll:

Welcome to the forum, Gina. The documentary that you're referring to is called "Clann as Dobhar", and as G says, it only seems to have been shown on TG4. It isn't on DVD as far as I know (trust me, I've looked!!!), so your best bet is to see if it gets another airing via TG4's website - tg4.tv. Advance warning, though, the site isn't the easiest to navigate around if you don't understand Gaelic! :wink:

Usually if one of us spots anything like that, it's posted on the forum with instructions on how to access it, so it's always worth checking. As G says, she posted a link only recently to an interview with Moya - and there are plenty of YouTube clips in the General subforum.

Hope that helps - enjoy your time with us!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Clannad