Problem

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Macha » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:55 pm

What's wrong with the forum? I logged in to the forum - first time - didn't work. Second time - didn't work. Third time - worked. When I use the "Log in" button on the right top it usually works. Now I used the "Log in" form below the forum and it worked only after the third try. Does maybe anyone know what's wrong there? It's really driving me mad. Thanks for helping.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Is there any trouble with your internet connection Macha? I've had problems like that using wireless which switches itself off randomly :roll: Personally I can't say I've encountered any problems on the board recently
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Make sure you're using the forum address without the www, thus http://forums.moyabrennan.com and NOT http://www.forums.moyabrennan.com.

That's the usual cause of having to log in multiple times before being truly logged in.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks, Angus. Have you any idea, wether the URL of the forum has been changed? I remember that from Unity.

EDIT: just noticed, that the forums.moyabrennan.com didn't work properly for me when I wanted to log in. So I had to use the other link. Has anyone an idea what the reason could be?
:?:
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:40 pm

A bit late, sorry ....

No, the forum URL has not changed. It is still the same as it always was - http://forums.moyabrennan.com.

If anyone is using http://www.forums.moyabrennan.com, then change it so you're using the version without the www or the cookie set by the board gets confused, giving rise to problems such as the double log-in one.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks for the info, Angoid. Do you maybe know how I can change the forum URL to the http://forums.moyabrennan.com one? Would be helpful.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 am

Hi Macha,

Is the forum in your favourites? If so, and it's the 'wrong' URL, then delete it from your favourites (right-click on it and choose 'Delete') and then follow the link to the forum without the WWW. Add that to your favourites (Favourites >> Add to Favourites, select folder and save it).

If you continue to see the problem, then clear out your cookies. In IE7, go to Tools >> Delete Browsing History and then click on the Delete Cookes button and follow any other prompts you may receive to confirm that you want to do the delete.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks, Angoid. I've cleared my cookies and put the forum to my favourites - with the new URL. I hope that'll work now. I've checked it clicking on it, and it showed the new URL - without "www".
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Thu May 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Sorry for double-posting, but I still have problems with the log in to the forum. It only seems to work when I type in the URL into the browser (it doesn't work with the "Favourites") - but sometimes it doesn't work with the log in nevertheless. I keep clearing my cookies but the problem stays the same. Please help! What else can/should I do? Thanks.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Macha,

Another thought - have you deleted the temporary files on your computer lately? I had a similar problem a few months back, and as well as clearing cookies, I used a program to delete my browsing history, temporary files etc (which were just taking up space doing nothing anyway!),..... In other words, I had a bit of a spring clean on Windows, and it's been fine ever since. I'm not technically minded enough to guarantee it'll work in your case, but the program is free - so you might want to give it a go! :lol:

Don't ask me how it worked, but it did! If you want me to point you in the direction of the program I used, I'd be happy to PM you the details.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sat May 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks, Dave. I clean my cookies and temporary files regularly. What is that for a program, you're using? Please send me a PM, it would be helpful, I hope - although I'm not really good with technical issues either.
Another problem is, that I don't see wether there are new posts on the forum, when I log in. :(
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sun May 10, 2009 2:10 am

Clearing cookies, Temporary Internet Files, and ensuring you use the link http://forums.moyabrennan.com should do the trick.

What browser are you using?

Have you ensured that the address you go to when using Favourites really is the one without the www? It's possible to give a link a name, so ensure that you haven't saved the version with the www but given it a name without the www. That will only serve to confuse you.

Perhaps the best way is to log out of the forum, delete the link from the favourites, and then go to http://forums.moyabrennan.com/ and then save that link to your Favourites again. Don't try to edit the favourite or keep both as this will only confuse you again.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Angus, you have E-Mail regarding this. :?
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Administrator