Ageless Messengers
19%
Mary Of The Gaels
No votes
other
11%

Total votes : 36

Postby lothlorien » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:54 pm

ageless messengers, or Follow the word..
Why can't I just choose both =(
well the whole Cd's aweome, but I still voted Ageless Messengers, that one's soooo awesome ^^
~*Ba Deas Fadó*~
lothlorien
Enthusiastic Member

Postby generys » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 pm

Peacemaker and Í Láthair Dé are touching the deepest corners of my heart...
generys

Postby Luned » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:43 pm

The whole album is very special to me. This was the first Moya album I got, besides, I got it as a present for my 18th birthday :) But if I were to pick only one track, I'd definitely choose "Where I stand". Maybe it is because it was the first song from this album that I heard even before I got the whole album, and then, I have listened to it so many times that it always brings a feeling of familiarity, cosiness, so touching and emotional! And the chorus is almost hypnotising and calming. I simply love this song! :)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby triona » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:08 am

Haha, I chose to read this thread because I'm listening to the album Whisper to the Wild Water right now. There's a lot of really lovely songs on it that get under my skin.

I find "Where I Stand" very appealing - perhaps because Moya's words and even the sound of her voice is intimate and honest. Listening, I feel as I do when a friend shares her deepest thoughts and feelings with me. Trust is created when a person speaks from the heart, and somehow in that, innocence and integrity can be found again.
triona

Postby Roibeard Óg » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 am

My favourites from this album have to be 'Rinne Tú' (with that powerful high note in the verses), it's so stunning. My other is 'To The Water', it's beautiful too =)
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I choose the song "Follow The Word." My second two favorites are "To The Water" and "Where I stand."
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Memory of Trees » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Well, my two favorites on this wonderful album is Mary of the Gaels, and Whisper to the Wild Water. :D

My least favorite, Peacemaker. The voice of the small child at the begining kind of disturbs the beauty throughout the rest of the song.

(My apologies if I might have offended someone by saying Peacemaker is my least fav. Who was the small child that spoke in this song?)
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby Macha » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Memory of Trees wrote:(My apologies if I might have offended someone by saying Peacemaker is my least fav. Who was the small child that spoke in this song?)

Hi Memory, the small child you hear speaking on "Peacemaker", was Moya's son Paul. He was about 6 years old at that time. Hope that helps.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Memory of Trees » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Macha wrote:
Memory of Trees wrote:(My apologies if I might have offended someone by saying Peacemaker is my least fav. Who was the small child that spoke in this song?)

Hi Memory, the small child you hear speaking on "Peacemaker", was Moya's son Paul. He was about 6 years old at that time. Hope that helps.

Thank you Macha for clearing that up for me. :)
I think it is cool on Moya's part to have her children take part in the Musical experience, even though I still don't like that song much. To each his own, no? :)
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby Macha » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:42 pm

You're welcome, Memory. Yes, everyone has his/her own fave songs. For me, "Peacemaker" is a wonderful song, although I didn't listen to it much the last time.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:07 pm

For me its a cycle. And right now i cant get my ears off of "Where i stand". Not too long ago its was "Cé leis."

Right now i also listen a lot at misty eyed adventures the title track.

All of this might change very soon :lol:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby eadgyth » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:51 pm

I love this album so much, it's really hard to decide on a favourite. It also depends a lot on my mood. In the end I chose "Where I stand", mainly because of this line: "if I ask, you won't let me go". To me there is no better way to describe faith than that song.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to General