Annoying things

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Angoid » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear that, G :( that really sucks :(

Sorry to rant, but I didn't want to go today anyway and now I just feel tired and stressed to the point that even Moya and Clannad aren't making me feel any better
Now, if Moya and Clannad can't cut through this, what hope does anyone else have? :lol:
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Dab051176 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Grania wrote: now I just feel tired and stressed to the point that even Moya and Clannad aren't making me feel any better :(

I never thought I'd see you type that, G!!!! :shock:

To be honest, an hour and a half should be plenty, but just going through the same stuff over and over again is pointless - it just gets people bored. Been there, done that.... Think positive, you won't have to put up with it for long now!!!! :wink:

Well, Dave has has a pleasant early evening in the Countess of Chester Hospital A & E department, after being sent flying on the car park at work. Instead of rocksalt, they've put this stuff down that's supposed to be better at stopping people slipping on icy patches. Except it doesn't work...... :roll:

So Dave's crutches hit the ice, he takes off, and lands sideways - bending his fingers backwards in the process and damaging the soft tissue. Two of my fingers are now a not very subtle shade of purple..... :(

It could have been much worse than this, of course, but what really annoys me is several of us complained last year about this, but evidently nothing was done. I wouldn't normally do this, but I'm considering taking it for compensation, because it needs to be sorted - let's just say I'm not best pleased that it hasn't been already......

Sorry - I'll stop ranting now! :wink:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:30 pm

You really should have a go at them Dave, they've got to realise that there is a serious problem. Especially for those of us who aren't too hot in icy conditions.

Thankfully the Moya/Clannad not working problem isn't lasting :lol: AIC is balm to the soul :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Turlough » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:31 am

Grania wrote:Thankfully the Moya/Clannad not working problem isn't lasting :lol: AIC is balm to the soul :D

When that happens to me, I put on something loud instead, something I can rant through, such as Genesis, or a record of a huge organ like the one at Toulouse. Or Beatles.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:36 am

Dave, that truly sux .... the worst is that, after last year's complaints, nothing was done. It seems as though folk have to complain multiple times nowadays, or tell people things multiple times before anything gets done.

It gets bad when you have to start threatening legal action :(
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 am

Angoid wrote:Dave, that truly sux .... the worst is that, after last year's complaints, nothing was done. It seems as though folk have to complain multiple times nowadays, or tell people things multiple times before anything gets done.

It gets bad when you have to start threatening legal action :(

Thanks, Angus. To be honest, I'm still deciding on the best thing to do. Of course, I want something to be done. After all, this is the first major cold snap we've had for a while in this part of the world, but of course, it's unlikely to be the last!!! :roll:

As you say, though, taking legal action is quite a drastic step, and I don't want to make life difficult for myself at work. Now that I've had time to calm down a bit, I'll go and see my boss first, and see what the company are willing to do about the situation, and take it from there.

Thanks for your concern, though!
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:39 pm

Grania wrote:Excuse me while I have a grumble :lol:

I've just got back from our choir rehearsal and I'm feeling really cross. We've got a week or so before we do the carol concert in the university chapel and we just don't seem to be practicing enough. in an hour and a half this evening we did just 3 songs and one of those wasn't for the concert! Does that honestly seem sensible? To top it all though, one of the songs we're singing is the WORST song I think I've ever been forced to sing. Honestly it is so....there's no other word for it...nausiating that I could feel myself pulling a vaguely sickened face while I was singing it! And of course we had to go over and over and over the same, disgusting, bits didn't we? I would PAY not to have to sing that song!
The other song for the concert we rehearsed was the words of 'Away in a Manger' put to a totally different tune by our piano player. It's ok as a song, but the parts we have to sing (especiallly us, the altos) is evilly difficult, and the music and words are all hand written (dare I say scribbled) so it's barely possible to read it!

Sorry to rant, but I didn't want to go today anyway and now I just feel tired and stressed to the point that even Moya and Clannad aren't making me feel any better :(

Alto singers usually get the evil parts and hardly ever the melody. It's unfair, isn't it? :(

When I'm really annoyed, I rarely listen to the music I usually listen to. Then I prefer rock music or heavy metal. I don't know why but such music calms me down.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Oddly enough I'm the same Ardens, although I only go as far as 'Sirius' :lol:

And I know what you mean, I WISH we altos would get the tune once in a while, because I have to work by ear, and all I can usually hear is the tenors and basses or the sopranos I'm totally lost all the time :shock: :shock: :shock:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Angoid » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 am

Dave, good luck with that and I hope it goes well. Again, it's really sad when someone has to do themselves an injury before anything gets done. It's a bit like a dangerous road junction .... often there has to be a series of accidents there before anyone who can actually do anything about it sits up and takes notice :(

G, I *love* harmony, though :) when isolated, parts other than the melody often sound monotonous, boring, and downright horrible. But when it all comes together it sounds great - you be surprised how something that sounds naff in isolation can suddenly sound brilliant.

As having been in a church choir myself for a long time, I progressed from Treble to Alto to Tenor and then Bass. Bass can get rather too low for me - when going for the really low notes I have to go to the note an octave above. But of all parts, I found the tenor part by far the hardest ... it was just so counter-intuitive somehow.

Ardens and G - I also find that my favourite music doesn't 'do it' when I'm in a bad mood. But I usually prefer silence at those times and no music at all. But there are other times when I just like working in silence anyway - moods apart.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby kevinkells » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Just going against the FLOW here...I find very ANNOYING people who don't indicate when their making a turn on the road. It's dangerous & thoughtless!
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Macha » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm just glad to be back at home - yesterday wasn't a good day. My parents had a heavy argument - this makes me always afraid. I'm afraid to tell it here, but it seems to happen when my dad drinks too much - it's just sad when you think you'll have a nice Christmas time and then such things happen. :(
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby MissClare » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 pm

Macha wrote:I'm just glad to be back at home - yesterday wasn't a good day. My parents had a heavy argument - this makes me always afraid. I'm afraid to tell it here, but it seems to happen when my dad drinks too much - it's just sad when you think you'll have a nice Christmas time and then such things happen. :(

Hey, that's what we are here for :)
To be honest..I have the same problem and my parents are divorcing now. Not really enjoyable :(
..only you can make me shine.
MissClare

Postby Grania » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:27 pm

(((((((((((((Macha and MissClare)))))))))))))

These things happen I suppose. I had an argument with my parents today, don't worry, things always turn out OK :)

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:57 pm

((((((((((((G, Macha & MissClare - plus anyone else who needs it!)))))))

Dave's "have a rant if you need it" service is now open for business again after Christmas!!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Just drop me a line if you need someone to talk to!
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:07 pm

((((((((MissClare, G, Dave)))))))))))))) Thanks, now I feel a bit better. I hope it'll be ok again when I call my parents on New Year's Eve.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space