Forum 5 year Anniversary

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

What day of the week is best for a Moya Mosh?

Monday
No votes
Tuesday
No votes
Wednesday
4%
Thursday
No votes
Friday
29%
Saturday
54%
Sunday
14%

Total votes : 28

Postby Grania » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:31 pm

As far as I can see on the forum the time being shown is GMT+1 - so it is now about 8:30pm. Ireland and the UK are currently working to this time :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Luned » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Grania wrote:As far as I can see on the forum the time being shown is GMT+1 - so it is now about 8:30pm. Ireland and the UK are currently working to this time :)

now, that's quite interesting, as the time notice in your post (as I can see it) is:
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:31 pm

*confused*

and Grania, don't get me wrong - I am not trying to contradict you, I'm just curious how this is possible ;)

anyway, I will try to be around at that time, which should work whatever the time differences :mrgreen:
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 pm

I think in Poland it will be 10 pm :)

Btw, Luned: Grania's last post shows as Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:31 pm at my computer, I think it's not very reliable :)
wildrose
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Luned wrote:
Grania wrote:As far as I can see on the forum the time being shown is GMT+1 - so it is now about 8:30pm. Ireland and the UK are currently working to this time :)

now, that's quite interesting, as the time notice in your post (as I can see it) is:
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:31 pm

*confused*

The forum time does seem to be GMT, Luned. So the UK and Ireland are 1 hour ahead of the "forum time" at the moment, and Central European Time (including Poland!) is currently 2 hours ahead. So, if the chat starts at 9pm GMT, it'll be 11pm in your part of the world!!! :lol:

Hope that helps to clear things up.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:48 pm

See!! That's what I meant, it's confusing LOL. I always thought England and Ireland are on GMT time...and we're one hour ahead so that would mean ten o 'clock.

But:

So if we're having the chat at 9pm GMT...it would mean in Ireland it is 10pm and in Holland it is 11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to confuse you all a bit more...
But ehm...if you could just tell me what time we'll be having the chat Irish/UK time then I know what time we're on here

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW. I think you can adjust the time on your computer.
I found out this afternoon that if I set my profile on GMT + 2 it shows the right Dutch time....Still following me?!? :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Hester wrote:See!! That's what I meant, it's confusing LOL. I always thought England and Ireland are on GMT time...and we're one hour ahead so that would mean ten o 'clock.

Between March and October, we're on British Summer Time here, Hessie, which is GMT +1, as G mentioned. Most of Europe is currently GMT+2, so you're still an hour ahead of us in the UK.

Hester wrote:if you could just tell me what time we'll be having the chat Irish/UK time then I know what time we're on here

Sure, should be 10pm UK time.. if I've understood Nessie's post correctly!!! :wink: :mrgreen:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Thank you so much, Dave! :) Your explanations do clear things up! :)

Hester wrote:BTW. I think you can adjust the time on your computer.
I found out this afternoon that if I set my profile on GMT + 2 it shows the right Dutch time....Still following me?!? :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

yes! I saw that in my profile, too. But this was the part I decided I'd better not meddle with, as well as with some other codes :mrgreen: Besides, that would mean we are in the same time zone, which is again rather helpful in sorting this 'time confusion' out :lol:
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:11 pm

Dab051176 wrote:Between March and October, we're on British Summer Time here, Hessie, which is GMT +1, as G mentioned.

Aha! Now theeere you go! I didn't know that...Well off course I knew you guys have summertime like we do here, indeed also from March to October, but I never knew that the GMT stayed fixed and that you note your time then as GMT + 1...and as a result we get GMT + 2
duh, makes sense obviously since it is Greenwich Mean Time :oops: :wink:

I didn't mention it here cause I was afraid of missing out on the chat or anything...it was just out of curiousity really...and it got me wondering. Well there you go I learned something again tonight!! Thanks Dave :D

Dab051176 wrote:
Hester wrote:if you could just tell me what time we'll be having the chat Irish/UK time then I know what time we're on here

Sure, should be 10pm UK time.. if I've understood Nessie's post correctly!!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks, so 11 pm for us Dutchies it is then!! :lol:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:26 pm

Dab051176 wrote:
The forum time does seem to be GMT, Luned. So the UK and Ireland are 1 hour ahead of the "forum time" at the moment, and Central European Time (including Poland!) is currently 2 hours ahead. So, if the chat starts at 9pm GMT, it'll be 11pm in your part of the world!!! :lol:

Hope that helps to clear things up.

Thanks Dave for clearing it up :) I didn't know the forum was one hour ahead and I was just wondering why on earth the chat should start at 11 here - if Poland is in the GMT+01:00 zone :lol:
wildrose
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 pm

Luned wrote:Thank you so much, Dave! :) Your explanations do clear things up! :)

Hester wrote:BTW. I think you can adjust the time on your computer.

yes! I saw that in my profile, too. But this was the part I decided I'd better not meddle with, as well as with some other codes :mrgreen:

Pleasure!!! BTW, if you have Windows Vista, you can display the time in GMT without changing your current settings. I don't want to bore everyone by posting the instructions, but if you want to know how to set this up, please PM me, and I'll be happy to explain - Might be handy over the next few days!!! :mrgreen:

Apologies to Windows XP users - I can't remember if this is something that XP can do. If so, some kind soul might like to let people know..... :wink:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:29 pm

GAAAAH hang on a minute I have messed up big time- it's not GMT, it's BST! so the chat this weekend will start at 9 pm IRISH TIME- GMT+1- for people in the Netherlands it will be 10pm.

Sorry! Silly me trying to be smart with my letters...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I thought 'GMT' was just whatever time it is in Britain! Massively silly... *burries head in shame*
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 pm

((((((((((((Nessie)))))))))))) These things happen. Don't worry about it!

To everyone else - hope that the earlier explanations helped!!! :lol:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Dab051176 wrote:((((((((((((Nessie)))))))))))) These things happen. Don't worry about it!

To everyone else - hope that the earlier explanations helped!!! :lol:

Lol well they certainly helped me!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Hester » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 am

nessieq wrote:I thought 'GMT' was just whatever time it is in Britain! Massively silly... *burries head in shame*

That's what I thought too, hence the confusion!

Glad it is all sorted out now, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:11 am

It would really help if all of Europe was on the same time wouldn't it? :lol: Never mind, it's all sorted now
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

PreviousNext

Return to General