Forum 5 year Anniversary

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

What day of the week is best for a Moya Mosh?

Monday
No votes
Tuesday
No votes
Wednesday
4%
Thursday
No votes
Friday
29%
Saturday
54%
Sunday
14%

Total votes : 28

Postby harrys » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 am

wonky_eggs wrote:Wow, hiya Harry! Long time now see - how the devil are you?? :D It's good to have you back among us!

I'm doing quite well. I'm happily married for 2+ years now and enjoying life!

- Harry S.
harrys

Postby nessieq » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Awesome! Congrats, Harry!

OK guys, let's sort out this chat! I'm editing this topic to ask which day of the week is best for people over the next while, and if anyone has any particular aversion to a date or time then say so and we'll try to accomodate as many as possible. I doubt it will happen any time before this weekend as these things take some organisation, but with a bit of luck it will be soon. Get voting! And the mods will get organising...
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Methica » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 pm

I voted for friday, though I think saturday is ok too... :P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:02 pm

nessieq wrote:Awesome! Congrats, Harry!

OK guys, let's sort out this chat! I'm editing this topic to ask which day of the week is best for people over the next while, and if anyone has any particular aversion to a date or time then say so and we'll try to accomodate as many as possible. I doubt it will happen any time before this weekend as these things take some organisation, but with a bit of luck it will be soon. Get voting! And the mods will get organising...

Excellent idea Ness! and ehm... :lol: I didn't even realize the 5th is drawing closer! I voted for friday but any evening of the weekend would be fine...
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm

I voted for friday :)
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:42 pm

there's a mega mosh now... :P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Saturdays are best for me, as I can almost guarantee I'll be home from work by 6! Sundays are also good, though, and Friday third choice!!! :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Keiko » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:05 am

Wow, Congrats to this forum and all of his administrators and moderators just for lasting so long allready!! It can be hard sometimes to run a forum (I had the honor to be a mod myself for another Enyaforum, but it died out very soon unfortunatly..) So it's quite an accomplishment! I remember when I first registered here. It was almost immidiatly when I first saw at Unity that Enya had a sister.. I came here and just 6 months later I had my first Moya concert! And this is already about 2 years ago.. I still love this place, it's very nice and there are a lot of nice people too! A big thumbs up to the forum.. and another 10 year to go right?? :D

Sara

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 am

Keiko wrote:... and another 10 year to go right?? :D Sara

At least! 8) :mrgreen:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kate » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi!

I voted for Saturday. Sunday could work too.

I'll only be able to join if it's on a weekend because of the time difference and I'd really like to join in :wink: . I'll keep the next few weekends open. :lol:

Thanks for the unexpected "mosh" this weekend. It was great! :D

Kate
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby A_S » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Sunday would be best for me, but Saturday would probably work as long as it was held later in the day... Like, at what would be evening/night for everyone in Europe and late afternoon for me.
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Mariusz Maxwell Krause » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 pm

wow! 5 years! that's great.

I've discovered Máire's voice in 1985 watching Robin of Sherwood and I was 10 years old at that time. Clannad was first proper band for me and I was so in love with their music, especially rock albums "Macalla" and "Sirius". It's so great Máire is with us and we can listen to her angel voice.
Cpt. Janeway: "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."
Mariusz Maxwell Krause
Enthusiastic Member

Postby sarahCat210 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Five years, that's really great! I voted for Saturday. Sunday would be okay too. The weekend is best for me because school is starting.
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:21 am

Happy Forum Birthday to you all!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:12 am

Whoah, how time flies...! Sadly I won't be here this weekend as I've got to do some berry-picking (but not gathering mushrooms! :lol:) in the countryside, but it's so hard to imagine that I have been here almost all the time (the member list says I'm the 43rd oldest forummer!)! We've had a lot of fun together indeed, not only reading about the music of Moya and Clannad themselves but we have also shared joys and sorrows together, have been artistic and educative together (just an example!), have been crazying around so to say with all our moshes and such, and of course we have been privileged to have Moya with us as well at times! And that's something not all artists do, a real privilege indeed...

Happy Birthday forummers, and greetings from ever-rainy Finland!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General