Olympic Chat!

Moya Brennan Forum Olympics 2008 - read only as all completed in 2008.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Hester » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Hester wrote:Niamh!!!!!!!!!!! Just wrote your story and I think it is BRILLIANT!!! It is funny and witty and the ending is veeery clever :lol: :lol: , well done girl!!

Hey, I can't edit my own post??? What I meant off course was "I Just read your story :wink:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 pm

Hehe, thanks for the big compliments Hester! That means a lot to me :)
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Mh...I hope MY story goes ok...closing date is next Monday. :?
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Just finished my story - wasn't sure whether I should enter at first, but I figured that I couldn't let a good chance come by without stepping in!

I've stayed close to Moya's own - her music, her family sense and the Olympics all in one! It's not superbly brilliant, but then, my head lost track of some fitting english words! (uggh...my typing's horrible this evening!)

As we were in the spirit of the Olympics, I managed to write some sort of story of Moya's journey from "Green" (i.e. Ireland) to "Gold" (i.e. Beijing). It's not a completely travel log though (too many words for sure) but a short account from the day Moya got a certain call....to the moment she's there, at the Olympics singing for miliions of people !!

And, as a matter of fact, I replaced Sarah Brightman with Moya :D though with a bit of a twist as they are both different women!

I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 pm

:lol: I thought it was great sticking Moya into Sarah Brightman's spot, Phantas. I liked how you used aspects of the real opening ceremony in your story, but altered them to fit Moya in. And I enjoyed both of your stories, Naimh and Macha! I laughed out loud at your, Naimh. It's a lot of fun to read all of them.

I'm working on mine right now. I guess I have an advantage being a native English speaker, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the storyline. It's kind of strange so far... :lol:
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Macha » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:31 pm

A_S wrote:And I enjoyed both of your stories, Naimh and Macha!

Oh, thanks for that compliment, A_S! :) I so hope my story goes ok...it's my first short story, that I've written. Usually my stories are much longer.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:22 pm

A_S wrote::lol: I thought it was great sticking Moya into Sarah Brightman's spot, Phantas. I liked how you used aspects of the real opening ceremony in your story, but altered them to fit Moya in. And I enjoyed both of your stories, Naimh and Macha! I laughed out loud at your, Naimh. It's a lot of fun to read all of them.

I'm working on mine right now. I guess I have an advantage being a native English speaker, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the storyline. It's kind of strange so far... :lol:

Thanks A_S ;) I'm no good at humour (apart from sarcasm :D ) so I had to stick to my guns - emotions and music ;) As well as Moya's usual stubbornness :D I'm so glad I read the 'Rainbow' book...it helped me form a good image of Moya :)

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Ardens - just read your story - Great stuff!! It's a pity it ends on such an 'open' note...it really is worth pursueing, for the forum perhaps?

I understand you are as stuck with the 1000 words rule as I was, but this one is super - I was really taken into the story!!!

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:27 pm

About the visual competition: is anyone planning to enter that one? Phantas, I bet you could do a fabulous job editing an image like you've done to make wallpapers... 8)

I've just finished my story, and posted it. I believe it falls pretty firmly in the "absolutely ridiculous category". :lol:
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Phantas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:12 am

uhm...well..I haven't done a lot over the past couple of months ... I'm not sure - I might but if I don't really have a 'background idea' for my picture then it's not really working most of the time! :(

The story one also came up a few days before the entry was supposed to close so...who knows?

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:29 am

A_S wrote:About the visual competition: is anyone planning to enter that one?

Oh I am really tempted...cause I do have an idea for it...am at my parents' right now and I really need to type out a report for my management course...blaaaah :| Would rather use my time to draw something
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:15 am

Allright - posted something artistic in Competition 2 - I was inspired ;)

LOL

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:43 am

Phantas wrote:Ardens - just read your story - Great stuff!! It's a pity it ends on such an 'open' note...it really is worth pursueing, for the forum perhaps?

I understand you are as stuck with the 1000 words rule as I was, but this one is super - I was really taken into the story!!!

Love,
Phantas

Yes, the 1000-word rule was tricky. Nice to hear that you liked reading it notwithstanding the open ending. :)
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:20 am

You're welcome Ardens ;) Did you read mine also? What did you think of it? It's not the best I could come up with but there wasn't much time left and my typing went horrible! I just wanted to get it over with LOL!

A_S - I also read yours - it's quite cute!! :D *imagines Moya in terrential rain* LOL!

I have now competed in comps 1 & 2 - I am not feeling up to doing 3 and I believe it isn't necessary to compete in all comps, right?

Love,
Phantas
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Yes, I have read your story, too, and I liked it. Especially your description of Moya's feelings before and during the performance is well done. It must be absolutely exhausting and overwhelming to sing in front of so many people!
But reading your story, one also gets an impression how great it is to listen to Moya live on stage. :)
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Moya Brennan Forum Olympics 2008