#1 Macha - Moya's gig at the Olympic Games

Moya Brennan Forum Olympics 2008 - read only as all completed in 2008.

Moderator: All Moderators

#1 Macha - Moya's gig at the Olympic Games

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:18 pm

It was a sunny day in Dublin. Moya and her family were having their breakfast, when suddenly the telephone rings. Tim ran to the phone. "Moya, it's for you!", he called her. "What?" Tim gave the phone to Moya.
The Chief of the International Olympic Commitee is on the phone. "Mrs. Brennan, I'm calling because we're searching for a singer who wants to do a gig at the Beijing Olympic Games". Moya was very surprised. "Do you really want ME for that gig?"
'That's unbelievable!' Moya thought. "Yes", came the voice from the phone, "and we would be happy if you would do that". Moya thought: 'Hm, that wouldn't be that bad idea. Maybe I can see a bit of Beijing later when the gig is done'.
"Ok", she said, "I'll do the gig. When should I be in Beijing?" The Chief of the Commitee was happy to hear that. "You should be there at the Opening Ceremony", he said. "Ok, I'll be there" said Moya and hang up the phone.
A few days later she told Tim, Paul and Aisling about the phone call. "Wow, that would be cool!" Aisling dances around. "We're going to Beijing!" she sang. Paul laughs. "Hey, Aisling, seems that you can't wait for that trip!" Aisling smiled. "Yes, I can't wait!"
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:25 pm

A few days later the family was on the way to Beijing. Moya seemed to be a bit nervous. "Are you ok?" Tim asked. "Yes, I'm ok, don't worry. I'm just a bit nervous, because I've never given a concert in China before". Tim smiles. "Don't worry, I'm sure it'll all go well". "I hope you're right", said Moya and sighs.

Then the "big" day came. Moya was very excited. She still can't believe that she'll do a gig at the Olympic Games!
Tim, Paul and Aisling had much fun in Beijing. It was so wonderful to see new things. Aisling was fascinated. "Wow, is that cool!" she said. Tim laughs. "I think we shouldn't forget to take care of your Mum. She seems to be so excited, that I'm afraid, she won't be able to do the gig". Aisling was shocked. "Don't worry, I'm sure, Mum will be ready for the gig. At the latest, when she's on stage, she'll forget that she has been so nervous".
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Moya has heard what Tim said. "I'm glad you're taking care of me in that case", she laughs. "I really hope you're right. I'm just glad that it's still one day until the Opening Ceremony - so I'll maybe have a bit time to calm down and get rid of that nervousity", she said.

Tim looks at his watch. "Oh, I think we should go back to the hotel now. It's time for the evening meal I think". He smiles to Moya.

It was early evening when they arrived at the hotel. Aisling and Paul are joking and it was just a wonderful evening. Moya tries not to think at the gig tomorrow.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:46 pm

The next morning - when Moya would have the gig in the stadium of Beijing - began very sunny and warm. "Ah, at least it'll not rain today", Moya thought. Tim has already got up. "Good morning", he smiled and came to Moya. "I thought you can't sleep and so I supposed you'll get up very early?" he asked. "But no, I come back and still find you here", he laughed. Moya throw a pillow after him. "Don't say that again! You know, what will happen then!" she said laughing. "Aw, I just tried to cheer you up a bit so that you'll be maybe a bit more relaxed for tonight. You haven't forgotten the Opening Ceremony I hope", he smiled.
"I hope it'll all go well tonight", Moya said. "We have to do the soundcheck before the show to be sure all goes well".
"I'm sure all will go well tonight. Don't worry", Tim said.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 pm

On the evening Moya and her family went to the stadium. The soundcheck was done and it all went well there. Nevertheless Moya was very excited - this would be her first gig in China - at the Olympic Games! She still couldn't believe that. "I'm dreaming!" she thought. "Hey, are you ok?" Tim asked, because Moya didn't say anything the whole way from the hotel to the stadium. "Wait, at the latest when you're on stage, you'll forget that you have been so nervous", he said.

They arrived at the stadium. Tim, Aisling and Paul went to their places while Moya gets ready for the concert. She was still very excited - but nevertheless she began to look forward to the concert. "Wow, my first concert in China!" she thought and smiled.

Then the Opening Ceremony began. Tim, Aisling and Paul were watching the Ceremony while Moya gets ready for the concert. "I'm so excited!" she thought. Then the moment came when the Chinese President announces Moya.
"And here's our Special Guest for today - Moya Brennan!" All the people in the stadium applauded. Moya smiled. Maybe it'll be a wonderful gig.
She began the first song, and with every minute she felt better. After the last song the people gave "Standing Ovations" to Moya. It was a wonderful moment and Moya thought: "I'll never forget this moment - it was really a "special day".
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Return to Moya Brennan Forum Olympics 2008