Olympic Chat!

Moya Brennan Forum Olympics 2008 - read only as all completed in 2008.

Moderator: All Moderators

Olympic Chat!

Postby nessieq » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi guys,
thought I would start up a topic to discuss (our!) Olympics, as everyone else seems to scared to do so :lol: :wink: Whatta you think? Excited by the prospect of some very generously donated goodies, courtesy of Ms Brennan?
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Re: Olympic Chat!

Postby Hester » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 am

nessieq wrote:Hi guys,
thought I would start up a topic to discuss (our!) Olympics, as everyone else seems to scared to do so :lol: :wink:

Yeah, as a matter of fact I did hesitate a bit to open a new topic, while all I wanted to say is that I really think it is a lovely and very creative initiative! :D
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Oh, that sounds like such fun! Thanks to the mods and Moya and everyone involved in creating/running this event. I am pretty sure that I'm going to enjoy it! And yes, Ness, I am excited by the donation of prizes from Moya herself. (It's yet another reason the think that she is fabulous!)
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:34 pm

I think it's great!! :D I already have an idea for the story, just started writing a bit down...
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Uh, it seems for me that this "Moya at the Olympic Games" story theme seems to get a challenge for me - I still don't have an idea for it! :?
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Macha wrote:Uh, it seems for me that this "Moya at the Olympic Games" story theme seems to get a challenge for me - I still don't have an idea for it! :?

Well, don't worry too much, macha, the idea of the 'Games' is that each different one is for a different type of person- so if you aren't a writer, well, you'll find something in one of the other events. We put the writing one up first because we thought it would take the longest for people to do!

And yeah, you're right, Moya *is* fabulous for being so generous. And this isn't the first time she's done it either. What a lady.
nessieq

Postby Macha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:58 pm

@ Ness: ok, maybe I'll try it. You have to know that I've already written some stories (but no short stories) - so I think I can give it a try.
Is it ok when e.g. Moya takes part with a gig there (in the story)? I can't imagine her for other things there on the Olympic Games.
And yes, Moya IS a kind person (get to know that last year, you know). :)
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby ChrisRLG » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Remember if everyone thinks its hard - and passes it by, if only 5 enties are done - that will be the five winners :)

So have a go - unlike the main games, Moyas games are for all to have a go at.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby nessieq » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Macha wrote:Is it ok when e.g. Moya takes part with a gig there (in the story)? I can't imagine her for other things there on the Olympic Games.

That sounds lovely!! Have a go- that's what it's all about. We are just looking for people who are enjoying writing the stories and it's more about having fun then it is about winning prizes!
nessieq

Postby A_S » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:30 pm

How is everyone doing with the first two competitions? I am definitely going to enter the story one, and I have some ideas, but I stil have to buckle down and write it properly. I've been spending too much time on my application essays for university instead!
A_S

Postby ChrisRLG » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Third one is active now - Sloths get Slothing.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby nessieq » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:58 pm

A_S wrote:How is everyone doing with the first two competitions? I am definitely going to enter the story one, and I have some ideas, but I stil have to buckle down and write it properly. I've been spending too much time on my application essays for university instead!

Haha, pity we didn't have a 'university essay' competition! I could have sooo many contributions :lol: I'm glad to hear you're going to do a story one, AS! Is anyone going for the visual one? I was thinking it might be fun for someone to do a video for the 'Green to Gold' Olympic song!
nessieq

Postby A_S » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 pm

There should be a college essay competition! I quite like a few of the ones I've written so far this summer! :lol:
A_S

Postby Niamh » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Wow.. I hadn't been on the internet for over two weeks and what happened! Three new boards.. an amazing competition! I really like it! I just wrote a story and posted it, it's great fun to spend time doing these things! Keep up the good work mods!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Niamh!!!!!!!!!!! Just wrote your story and I think it is BRILLIANT!!! It is funny and witty and the ending is veeery clever :lol: :lol: , well done girl!!
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Next

Return to Moya Brennan Forum Olympics 2008