Forum 5 year Anniversary

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

What day of the week is best for a Moya Mosh?

Monday
No votes
Tuesday
No votes
Wednesday
4%
Thursday
No votes
Friday
29%
Saturday
54%
Sunday
14%

Total votes : 28

Postby Anya » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:23 pm

That's awesome! 5 years,way to go. I think the stories are a good idea.
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Siobhan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 pm

wonky_eggs wrote:
wonky_eggs wrote:And to think, by the time the five year anniversary comes I just might have posted 1,000 posts

Tada! Five years, and FINALLY 1,000 posts! *dances* How I've been waiting for this moment! :lol:

:lol: :lol: It does feel good, doesn`t it... :lol: It was more than five years for mee too, but well, I wasn`t here for the first two years. :mrgreen:

:shock: No way, did I really join on the very first day?

Well, I certainly wasn`t aware of what was going on here at that time. :D

I`m so happy I met some of you in Letterkenny in 2005 and suddenly the whole forum idea started to have SOO MUUUCH sense. :lol:

Mega mosh?
*Fun is in the aaaair...*
Count me in! :lol:

And it`ll be great to read all your stories from early days. Looking forward to celebrating forum`s anniversary! :D
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby wildrose » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi everyone :)
Looking at my registration date, I should consider myself an oldbie, I feel like a newcomer, though :)
I remember when this forum was very small and I am very impressed to see how much things have changed around here over these five years :)
Only yesterday did I realize that it has been such a long time since I left... I'll try to be more active now (which should be easier, as I am a bigger fan of Moya now than 5 years ago :lol: )
I can see I have some catching-up to do now:)
wildrose
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 am

I'm a relative newby I guess... Been here for about 2 years now, and even in those two years I have seen some changes, had a Christmascat with Moya, been to two concerts and I'm still here... :D

So I guess I love it here! Ha :D
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:16 am

I'm here since 4 years now... had a nice Chat with Moya and met her after her concert in Stuttgart last year. I'm happy to be a part of this community here. :)
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Five years is quite long indeed. I'm here for nearly 4 years though, but it seems like I've only registered yesterday :mrgreen:. Time goes by so fast.
I don't really know what made me register here, but I'm glad I did. I do remember that I thought this place was really fun and the people were very nice (that hasn't changed =P).
Hmm stories..what kind of stories? Concertstories, meet-up stories? I have some, but I'm too lazy to type them down right now. I might do that later =P.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby kevinkells » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:36 am

I tried to join this forum in Sept,03... had a few hassles though, but finally connected in Feb,04 lol. :mrgreen:

It's good to be here :!: :!: :!:
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:22 am

nessieq wrote: I do remember a time when the three top posters on the forum were greg, barry and Moya, however :lol: And Homer was a regular too

Excellent stuff! :mrgreen:

Macha wrote:Hester, that's cool! Where did you find this?

Found it archived on Moya's main page a while ago...and somehow it stuck with me

I've been a member since 2005 but before that I've been reading and wandering around the place for about a year...too scared to join! Glad I did though, met some amazing people who've become great friends!
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kate » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:17 am

:roll: when did I join? :lol: I had to look and check.

Wow, seems I've been here just over 2 years...and a wonderful two years it has been.

5 years for the forum! That's great! Definitely calls for a celebration. :D
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi everyone
Looking at my registration date, I should consider myself an oldbie, I feel like a newcomer, though
I remember when this forum was very small and I am very impressed to see how much things have changed around here over these five years
Only yesterday did I realize that it has been such a long time since I left... I'll try to be more active now (which should be easier, as I am a bigger fan of Moya now than 5 years ago )
I can see I have some catching-up to do now:)

Wildrose, that's pretty much my testimony as well. I joined back in 2004 after a Google search for anything Moya, and that's how I discovered Two Horizons (only 4 years late). I remember asking a few questions, and then disappearing.

It must have been a year or so later that I came back and got more fully involved. I started helping with the technical side of the forum following a hacking attempt in October 2005.

More recently, circumstances have prevented me getting online much at all but I do hop in and make an appearance when I can.....

But an Anniversary MegaMosh sounds a great idea!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby gregoing » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:42 am

Well, I discovered Enya first, after hearing her in the Lord of the Rings. Then I heard of Moya and of Clannad, listened to their stuff and became a fan of them as well. At the time, the few good sites to find out new news about Moya were the official website (moyabrennan.com) and Ed's Clannad Newsblog (clannad.nl), which I still visit extremely often. One day I read on the official site that the forum would open soon (I think it was posted within a week of the forum's opening), so I remembered the date and signed up. I think I was the 5th person or so to sign up for membership.

So I've been here since day one, and it's been awesome enjoy the forum so much, and to see it grow, with everyone else here enjoying it as well!
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby Macha » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:02 pm

I discovered Moya's music, when I heard the song "Come Josephine, in my flying machine" ("Back to Titanic" album). A few days (or weeks) later I bought my first Moya album - it was "Perfect Time" - although I didn't know who Moya was. I just recognized her voice when listening to that album at home.
Two years later I bought "Two Horizons", after I've heard "Show me" on the radio. The other albums came then one by one and now I have all of Moya's albums (except "Heart Strings") - and almost a year later I joined here. :wink:
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Killiney » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:49 pm

About 4 years ago, my mum had a 'chillout cd' that had Harry's Game on it, and I got my first CD a little while after that, I think it may have been either An Díolaim or In A Lifetime 2CD ed', I can't remember :oops:, and a couple of years ago I first heard Moya's solo stuff on Pandora.com and the very first Moya song I heard was 'Oró' and I loved it to bits, and then I started hearing more of her songs, but I still don't have a Moya album at the moment :oops: every shop I come across doesn't stock Moya :( and my money goes out the window just like that, so if I don't find the CD when I have the money, I tend to forget to save and buy them :lol: I'm not sure what made me register to be honest, I thought the forum was a bit alien to me as I didn't know that much about Moya, and I still dont, but since I've been here, the forum has grown on me, and it feels really warm and friendly.

Maith thú forum!!
Behind the innocent,
the last, the least and the lost
will be found in the storm

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:24 am

hey Killiney,

Blame only yourself if you dont have any Moya CD...there are everywhere on the net.

"moya brennan"

Two Horizons by Moya Brennan (Audio CD - Feb 3, 2004)
Buy new: $16.98 $14.99 53 Used & new from $6.45
Get it by Monday, Aug 18 if you order in the next 20 hours and choose one-day shipping.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
(58)
Music: See all 16 items

Signature by Maire Brennan (Audio CD - Sep 25, 2007)
Buy new: $17.98 48 Used & new from $7.95
Get it by Monday, Aug 18 if you order in the next 20 hours and choose one-day shipping.
(6)

Signature by Moya Brennan (Audio CD - Aug 13, 2007)
Buy new: $49.99 $32.99 8 Used & new from $25.94
Get it by Monday, Aug 18 if you order in the next 19 hours and choose one-day shipping.
(7)

Signature by Moya Brennan (Audio CD - Oct 24, 2006)
Buy new: $37.99 15 Used & new from $15.99
Get it by Monday, Aug 18 if you order in the next 19 hours and choose one-day shipping.
(7)

Two Horizons by Moya Brennan (Audio CD - Nov 3, 2003)
Buy new: $47.99 8 Used & new from $11.75
(58)

Maire by Maire Brennan (Audio CD - Sep 15, 1992)
Buy new: $11.98 57 Used & new from $2.47
(18)

Misty Eyed Adventures by Maire Brennan (Audio CD - Jun 6, 1995)
Buy new: $11.98 66 Used & new from $0.94
(17)

Signature by Moya Brennan (Music Download)
Download MP3 Album: $8.99
(6)
MP3 Downloads: See all 52 items

Purple Haze by Moya Brennan (Music Download)
Download MP3 Song: $0.99

Two Horizons by Moya Brennan (Music Download)
Download MP3 Album: $8.99
(58)

An Irish Christmas by Moya Brennan (Audio CD - Sep 26, 2006)
22 Used & new from $8.24
(19)

Tell Me Now (What You See) by Moya Brennan (Music Download)
Download MP3 Song: $0.99
Last edited by PierreC on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Killiney » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks, but the thing is, I often don't have the money in my account, but that's going to change soon lol. I do have Signature that I downloaded though :D
Behind the innocent,
the last, the least and the lost
will be found in the storm

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General