Your (current) addiction(s)

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Your (current) addiction(s)

Postby Eternal_Silence » Thu May 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I thought this might be a fun topic to make ^^.
I was wondering what kind of addictions you guys have (maybe you have some really weird ones!).
Just general addictions and addictions that come and go ya know?

I'm generally addicted to buying random stuff I think is cool, shopping in general, photography, music, sleeping, chocolate and stuff like that.
And I'm addicted to a different song at least every week.

My current addiction is a band called Perfume =P. It's weird music, but for some reason I like it and right now I can't stop listening to them xD. Especially this song:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pAywdgnPNK8

So, what are you addicted to? ^__^
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Turlough » Fri May 23, 2008 2:17 am

Aren't people with a current addiction called "wireheads"? They get so all they want to do is sit there like mindless marine plants, with current injected into their pleasure centers. :wink:
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby sweetbluenurse » Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 am

good topic Eternal_Silence. Lol :D

Hm... one real addiction i can think of is Coca-Cola. I have had the famous kidney stone all due to drinking carbonated and caffeinated cokes.

And, did that trip to the hospital set me back from drinking more cokes??? Nope! Not at all. I'm still drinking Coke with all it's caffeine in its entirety. :lol:
Kidney stones are rough to go through. Bad pain..really bad pain. Most of them are diet intake related, like from soft drinks, and too much calcium. Stuff like that.

I love coke. I drink it with breakfast, during the day, and with dinner. There are times i drink other beverages....I do drink Orange Juice, apple Juice, and water. But, coke seems to be my addiction i can't give up despite any kidney problems that may come my way.

:lol: :lol:
sweetbluenurse
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 am

I have one or two long-running addictions which I won't mention here because most of you know them :lol: But currently, and not expected to last are:

The books I've been reading. I'm just starting to throw off an addiction to Brendan Graham's books which has taken me about a week so far, and I'm starting to get captivated by Edward Rutherfurd's 'Dublin', which I'm not enjoying that much, but at the same time I can't seem to stop reading it -weird or what? :lol:
I also seem to have picked up an unsettling habit of shopping :lol: bought myself another dress yesterday.
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby cantilena91 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:14 am

Currently there are two addictions for me: First of all, I have lost my heart to Ellen Kvam glass jewelry! I already have one blue neck pendant and I'm planning to buy myself the earrings (stubbed though) as well! They're just gorgeous (for more, see http://www.ellenkvam.no )!

Another addiction is one of my hobbies -cross-stitching! I just have far too many unfinished items at the moment but at least I have got plenty to do whenever I don't have anything else at hand!

Suvi

PS. How did I forget cola??!!! Here's a serious cola addict too, though only diet cola for me please!! And a serious addiction to quaity music is also very obvious!!
Last edited by cantilena91 on Sat May 24, 2008 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby the whistleplayer » Fri May 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Well.... chocolate of course, e-mails to and from a very special person ;) , climbing and everything Spain-related.
I've had all sorts of addictions btw, but never a real addiction like smoking or drinking. I guess it compensates ;)
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Ardens » Fri May 23, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm not seriously addicted to anything but there are things I would miss very much if they weren't there, like chocolate and music. :)
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya » Fri May 23, 2008 6:52 pm

I'm addicted to several things. Chocolate, diet Dr.pepper, music,shopping and flavored coffees. :D
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Fri May 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Great topic marlies!
Ok, how long have you got?!

John Donne
Diet Coke
Badminton
Costa
James Blunt's song '1973', and dancing around my room listening to it (it pains me to admit this on a forum filled with people who have good taste in music...)
CEILIDH
white seedless grapes
The Oxford English Dictionary
Nescafé mocha
running
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby A_S » Fri May 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Let's see. Right now I'd say my main addiction is to the Kenyon College admission video. I watch it at least a few times a week, and have been doing so since I visited the campus a month ago.

And running happens to be a fantastic addiction, Ness. Glad to know that you're in the ranks of the running-obsessed. :lol:
A_S

Postby Hester » Fri May 23, 2008 9:15 pm

just noticed something here lol :lol: :lol: quite a high percentage of the people who've already posted in here have 'addicted to Moya' stuck to their names :wink:

Neeeever thought I'd say this but I sort of understand the addiction to running! I've been skating (rollerblades??) a lot this past week and the feeling you get from it...it is really addictive, makes me eagerly look forward to go again, I am not running a lot these days but I know the feeling I get from it is just the same as from skating (this coming from a person who always stated that sports was just not in her genes).

hmm other addictions, foodwise I'd say, chocolate in all forms :lol: When we were in Antwerp my mum bought me this huuuuuuge mug with 'chocoholic' on it :mrgreen: hmmm, what else; I'd say snickers icecream is quite high on the list as well
- muesli/nuts bread (toasted, with butter spread on top)
- straciatella icecream

- Films like Billy Elliot and the Hours, could watch them over and over again.

-Scottish and Irish accents :lol:

- Buying books and music.

Good topic Marlies!
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Fri May 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Hester wrote:just noticed something here lol :lol: :lol: quite a high percentage of the people who've already posted in here have 'addicted to Moya' stuck to their names :wink:

I thought that much was obvious, but ok...

*raises hand*

'My name is Vanessa and I'm addicted to Moya Brennan.'
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Hester » Fri May 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Well, yeah lol, you have to add it cause yours says 'moderator' instead of 'addicted to Moya'... :P
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri May 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Hello my name is Grania and I'm addicted to Moya Brennan

......I hope this isn't the first step towards a cure :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby A_S » Fri May 23, 2008 10:00 pm

I've always liked to think of running as a good sport for the non-althletically inclined, as it takes much less coordination to simply put your feet down in front of you than it does to run while trying to kick or throw a ball or something like that. Not that I don't still manage to look incredibly clumsy while I'm running. I believe one time I ran head on into a tree, completely by accident.

Don't worry, Grania, we'll be sure to make certain that you are never cured of this Moya addiction. We'd miss you too much around here!

I've also remembered that I have a bit of an addiction to Crasins, dried cranberries. I cannot stop eating them, but at least they're relatively healthy since they're a fruit.
A_S

Next

Return to Fan space