MSN viruses and SPAM

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

MSN viruses and SPAM

Postby Killiney » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Can one of the technical administrators please help me in ridding my MSN server of viruses and SPAM, yesterday, a friend alerted me to the fact that she is getting links, and spam sent to her, but I have not sent anything, but it still comes up with my name, and this is also happening when I am offline, and I cannot get rid of them, even using the SmitFraudFix and others in the 'popups' thread.

Please can you help?
Behind the innocent,
the last, the least and the lost
will be found in the storm

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby Litsas » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:11 pm

It looks like you have been phished!

Delete your cookies and change your password(s), and the spam will be gone!

Watch out for phishing sites, they look like 'normal' websites, but they're not! Look at the addressbar of your browser and if the address is NOT the right one, DON'T USE the site you're on, it could be a phishing site (for example: MSN uses no other addresses then msn.com and @msn.com [or .nl in Dutch] all other addresses with msn in it are possible fakes!)!

DO NOT post your username(s) and/or password(s) on strange sites!

Some phishers use e-mail to direct you to their phishing-sites: Do not click links in e-mails unless you think it's safe, and delete possible phishing-mails immediately without reading them.
Watch out for hoax-mails, some of them contain viruses or Trojan Horses, delete them as soon as you see them.

Block the senders of phishing- or hoax-mails out of your mailbox using a spam-blocker.

If the senders of phishing- or hoax-mails are friends and/or family, warn them for the phishers!

Hope you will soon be rid of the phishers/spammers!

S.
Litsas

Postby Killiney » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks, but I think you are misunderstanding me, I will try to explain,

The spam that is being sent out on the MSN server, even when I'm not logged in, is saying stuff like 'what colour do my eyes look in this picture', and 'this is the computer I want [hyperlink]' and stuff like that, but in the conversation history, it does not show on my end.
Behind the innocent,

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby ChrisRLG » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:29 pm

best idea would be to post on a speciallist forum for malware removal.

www.malwareremoval.com

Try that one.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Killiney » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 pm

ChrisRLG wrote:best idea would be to post on a speciallist forum for malware removal.

www.malwareremoval.com

Try that one.

Thanks Chris, but I think it may have stopped now, I'll find out tonight, or tomorrow if the spam has stopped.

Thanks anyway
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby Killiney » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 am

It appears to have stopped now, thanks Listas and Chris
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Return to Administrator