Newsletter Question

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Newsletter Question

Postby Grania » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Calling those with a technical knowledge of Moya's website.

My attention has been drawn, via the forum, to the fact that a new Moya Brennan Newsletter has been sent out. Trouble is my subscription to it is via my Dad's e-mail address (I didn't have my own when I first came here) and as in the not all that distant future I'll be leaving home for university I was wondering if there's a way for me to change the address it gets sent to? Or do I just need to re-subscribe under my own e-mail?

Thanks
Grania
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Re: Newsletter Question

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:23 pm

Grania wrote:Calling those with a technical knowledge of Moya's website.

My attention has been drawn, via the forum, to the fact that a new Moya Brennan Newsletter has been sent out. Trouble is my subscription to it is via my Dad's e-mail address (I didn't have my own when I first came here) and as in the not all that distant future I'll be leaving home for university I was wondering if there's a way for me to change the address it gets sent to? Or do I just need to re-subscribe under my own e-mail?

Thanks
Grania

Hi Grania - You should just be able to re-subscribe. I've just tried it with my Hotmail account (I subscribed last time using my AOL account), and seems to have done it without any problems.

Have you had the latest newsletter? If not, either PM me, or shout me through Messenger, and I'll forward it to you.

Dave
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Thanks Dave

I'd rather change the e-mail if I can so as not to bother my Dad with it in his account as well (not that he'd read it :roll: ) but if I can't I'll re-subscribe
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:36 pm

Yes, I think you can do this by unsubscribing using the current email account, and then resubscribing using your new one.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Methica » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Yeah, doens't a newsletter usually say something liek "if you don't want to recieve any further emails, then click here to unsubscribe" ??
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:27 pm

They do, yes. Always use that to unsubscribe from legitimate newsletters you don't wish to receive any more, but never ever, under ANY circumstances, use the "unsubscribe" link in an attempt to get yourself off a spam list!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Administrator