Alright I suppose
No votes
They're not that good
No votes
They're awful
No votes

Total votes : 27

Postby Killiney » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm

richard wrote:CLANNAD RULE!. THEY ARE THE BEST ACT IN IRELAND!.

And Enya!
Behind the innocent,
the last, the least and the lost
will be found in the storm

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby MáireRhiannon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:59 am

absolutely awesome!! :)
MáireRhiannon
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Killiney » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:54 pm

They sure are.
Behind the innocent,

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:09 am

Hmm, even with more votes, the percentages still add up to only 99%. Must be something with rounding.

Anyway, I chose the first option, of course. Clannad are my very favorite band. I wouldn't be here otherwise. 8)
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Killiney » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:53 am

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed.

Clannad mean so much to me, through this difficult time in my life, they are helping.
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Moya is my favorite musical artist and so it goes without saying that since she is part of Clannad I love them as well. I voted for the first opiton. They are awesome! :D
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Killiney » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:16 pm

hermeyjdi wrote:Moya is my favorite musical artist and so it goes without saying that since she is part of Clannad I love them as well. I voted for the first opiton. They are awesome! :D

'Broken Pieces' sounds a little 'No one talks', and sounds a little like her solo stuff.
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Killiney wrote:
hermeyjdi wrote:Moya is my favorite musical artist and so it goes without saying that since she is part of Clannad I love them as well. I voted for the first opiton. They are awesome! :D

'Broken Pieces' sounds a little 'No one talks', and sounds a little like her solo stuff.

Killiney, was your comment directly in relation to my comment because if it is I don't get what you are trying to say?? Help me out.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Killiney » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:07 pm

I was trying to show the link between Moya and the band. There are a lot of Clandishness in Moya's solo stuff, and the later albums of Clannad seem to have more 'Moya' in them, pardon the expression.
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:05 pm

I see what you mean now. That might be because she did a lot more writing for Clannad in their later albums! :wink: But it is hard to separate the two since they are so inter twined.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Killiney » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:33 am

hermeyjdi wrote:I see what you mean now. That might be because she did a lot more writing for Clannad in their later albums! :wink: But it is hard to separate the two since they are so inter twined.

They're both so great, but for me, the later albums, 'Lore', 'Anam', 'Landmarks' and 'Magical Ring' are the better ones, they're more haunting, a little more complex, there's a lot more to discover with them than there is with the earlier ones.
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Killiney wrote:
hermeyjdi wrote:I see what you mean now. That might be because she did a lot more writing for Clannad in their later albums! :wink: But it is hard to separate the two since they are so inter twined.

They're both so great, but for me, the later albums, 'Lore', 'Anam', 'Landmarks' and 'Magical Ring' are the better ones, they're more haunting, a little more complex, there's a lot more to discover with them than there is with the earlier ones.

I think my top four Clannad albums are Landmarks, Lore, Macalla & Banba. But like you said there is just so much great music, it is hard to pick.
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Killiney » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:31 pm

hermeyjdi wrote:
Killiney wrote:

I think my top four Clannad albums are Landmarks, Lore, Macalla & Banba. But like you said there is just so much great music, it is hard to pick.

Ditto
Behind the innocent,

Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Clannad