A plan to award Moya - properly! **MOYA KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT!!

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

What shall the book title be?

Voices of the Fans
57%
Tell you now (what we see)
5%
Tell you now (what we feel)
38%
Tell you now (what we hear)
No votes

Total votes : 37

Memorable Event

Postby Turlough » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:46 am

Are there other ways of keeping classic threads like this from slipping away?
Last edited by Turlough on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:32 pm

oh- thanks for saving this, turlough. Unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be any other way- unless i'm mistaken- angus??
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Turlough » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Last week I was browsing a local Fabric andf Craft shop and encountered some of those decorative flowers -- I forget what they were made of. Nessie, when you decoarted the cover of the Book, did you make you own flowers (of tissue paper, is appears) or did you buy them in a craft or party supply shop?
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 pm

I cheated, turlough, and bought them out of a craft shop :lol: Unfortunately the amount of time i had was limited and my ability when making flowers even more so :lol: They were made from a heavy paper and wire for the stems. I got them in little bundes of 10, of different colours, and bent the wires around one another to make the little vine like things you see on the finished piece. :D
nessieq

Postby A_S » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:28 pm

I'm just posting here because I have noticed that topics with dates close to this one's last post have been falling off the forum (like this year's Christmas chat), and this is too good a tread to lose. :wink:
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Turlough » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 am

Has Moya collected another 62 new major fans yet? The story of the 2005 Gweedore Gathering is an incredible saga, with its subplots of the Tribute Book and the meeting of two couples and one duo,(to my knowledge) and some of the best core-member photographs ever taken, including the Bunbeg Beach lineups before the Boat.
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby sammi fredenburg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:56 am

i'm one of the 62 new major fans, i so would have loved to be a part of this, is there anything more going to be done? or should i just invite her to a lovely dinner and evening in seattle?

*sigh* i'm such a lousy fan lol.

=(
"i can't get cross with moya, i love her too much . . . . " - bono (this line made my day!)
sammi fredenburg
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:41 am

Turlough wrote:The story of the 2005 Gweedore Gathering is an incredible saga, with its subplots of the Tribute Book and the meeting of two couples and one duo,(to my knowledge) and some of the best core-member photographs ever taken, including the Bunbeg Beach lineups before the Boat.

That really is true. Some day we should write it all down, although I'm not entirely certain many who haven't experienced this board for themselves would believe that so much has happened as a result of an irish singer's internet forum. It's quite mad really...
nessieq

Postby Grania » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 pm

:lol: Totally mad, but that's us isn't it? Maybe we will get around to doing something like this again, but I think it needs leaving a while. If we did it too often it wouldn't be nearly as special
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Turlough » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 pm

The 2005 Gweedore Gathering took place only two or three months before I found this Forum, so the members must have been still afloat on the fresh experience.

As for new tributes to Moya, I think all the musicians here, such as A_S, Ardens, Grania, Mise, Nessie, Miri, as well as the artists and writers, do Moya a real tribute through their regular labors of love.
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby MáireRhiannon » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:07 am

that sounded like a very special thing - someday (or some year!) down the road we should send an updated version with those of us who joined after the original went out. I know that on "Seven Wonders: A Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac Forum" (another one I am on) people tried to do something like this for Stevie but it never materalised, so it's get to hear a success story of a fan book reaching the artist we all love.

MáireRhiannon
MáireRhiannon
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:42 pm

MáireRhiannon wrote:that sounded like a very special thing - someday (or some year!) down the road we should send an updated version with those of us who joined after the original went out. I know that on "Seven Wonders: A Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac Forum" (another one I am on) people tried to do something like this for Stevie but it never materalised, so it's get to hear a success story of a fan book reaching the artist we all love.

MáireRhiannon

Isn't it fascinating how much people from such different walks of life can be united both in a love of art and in a returning expression of this love in art...
nessieq

Postby Killiney » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Finally, I got to the last page.

I have been reading this topic all day :D

And I think you all did a wonderful job, shame that some of us weren't around to contribute.
Behind the innocent,
the last, the least and the lost
will be found in the storm

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 pm

nessieq wrote:
MáireRhiannon wrote:that sounded like a very special thing - someday (or some year!) down the road we should send an updated version with those of us who joined after the original went out. I know that on "Seven Wonders: A Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac Forum" (another one I am on) people tried to do something like this for Stevie but it never materalised, so it's get to hear a success story of a fan book reaching the artist we all love.

MáireRhiannon

Isn't it fascinating how much people from such different walks of life can be united both in a love of art and in a returning expression of this love in art...

I really like the idea of that, Ness, and it's wonderful that you were all able to communicate your appreciation for Moya's art in your own. And from what you posted of it online, it was a wonderful reflection of a diverse fan base untied by their love of Moya's music and other work. And Turlough is right, Moya does inspire fans to create their own art. I know that I for one would never have started to play the harp if not for Moya and Cormac's influences.

As for another project, I'd love to be part of one when the time is right to make another.
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Killiney » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:58 pm

I agree.

I wonder, if anyone would kindly tell me, when was Máire born?

Don't worry, its in keeping with the project thingy :D
Behind the innocent,
the last, the least and the lost
will be found in the storm

Northern Skyline - a fansite for Clannad/Moya/Enya get the latest news as soon as we get it
Killiney
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space