Error Message When Posting

About Moya's forum, for site-related issues. Please start your site-related issue as a new topic and one of us will come along and advise.

Moderator: All Moderators

Error Message When Posting

Postby A_S » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:43 pm

I was trying to post a message when I got the following error message:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 145 Table './moya/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 100216, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('last', 'year', 'started', 'post', 'christmas', 'wishes', 'moya', 'special', 'thread', 'one', 'stickied', 'above', 'doing', 'again', 'thought', 'nice', 'idea', 'strange', 'error', 'messages', 'tried', 'accidentally', 'posted', 'bunch', 'same', 'mean')

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby ChrisRLG » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:36 pm

Thank you - I will advise the admin about the issue - please do report if it continues.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Hope it's ok when I post this question in this topic - it's not regarding me, but bigwiglaf told me that he has problems to post in the subforums. He's able to log in to the forum, but when he tries to post in a subforum he got kicked out. Any ideas what's wrong there? I'll ask for him because he can't post because of the described problem. Thanks for helping.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby ChrisRLG » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:04 pm

I can see nothing wrong with his account - but did notice what his ISP might be (from his email account).

If I am right he is using an ISP which uses proxy servers to maintain the connections from thier customers to the internet. This allows them to keep thier costs low.

But it also can give thier users problems.

What may well be happening is this.

When he logs in he gets connected to the forum with the IP of say 111.111.111.111 and as he moves around the forum his ISP switches him to a second proxy which is using another IP say 111.112.112.112

What happens now it because the connection from his machine has gained a new IP, the session logged in here will say that it is NOT the same user, because the connection has changed.

It is a security feature which most forum software use to stop hacking attempts.

If he has the oppertunity to use a friends internet connection to try out, try from that other machine.

If that works he should complain to his ISP - or move to a 'proper' one.
MS MVP 2005-6 to 2008-9

Please post the secret code: 'Shakey Lemon
ChrisRLG
Technical Administrator

Postby Macha » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks, Chris, I'll tell him that.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Return to Administrator