Recommend other music artists to others

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby nessieq » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:28 pm

((((((((((((((((Daragh & family)))))))))))))))))))))) glad to hear you guys are all ok, can't imagine how scary that must be as I've thankfully never had to go through something like that. Hope you managed to get it all sorted out.
However, if the aim of this is to cheer you up with some suggestions, I will throw myself whole heartedly into that!
Firstly: Karine Polwart. Her album 'Faultlines' won endless awards and it is truley one of the most down to earth yet still rich works I have ever heard. She is seriously under rated and it's completely beyond me why she isn't no.1 in the charts, but then again it's beyond me why half of the music that is there gets that high... :mrgreen: She's also got a new album coming in April- might want to watch out for it.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby skippy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:19 pm

In order of loveliness...

Cathie Ryan (saw her live this year - and wow!)

Kate Rusby (seeing her live yet again June and July)

Cara Dillon (seeing her live again in 2 weeks)

Capercaillie (the best live act ever!)

Karine Polwart (Faultlines is great Nessie :) and she's good live too)

Eva Cassidy (rest in peace)
skippy
Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:53 pm

skippy wrote:Kate Rusby (seeing her live yet again June and July)

Cara Dillon (seeing her live again in 2 weeks)

Capercaillie (the best live act ever!)

LOL- I was gunna recomend those ones next! We must have similar tastes, Skip! :wink:
nessieq

Postby Henri » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi there - I'm new to the board, but I thought this might be a good place to start. I recently read about a new band on another messageboard and what I've heard so far I really like - they're a new Irish group called Triniti - does anybody else know of them?

www.trinitimusic.com
Henri

Postby sarahCat210 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:55 am

Henri wrote:Hi there - I'm new to the board, but I thought this might be a good place to start. I recently read about a new band on another messageboard and what I've heard so far I really like - they're a new Irish group called Triniti - does anybody else know of them?

www.trinitimusic.com

Welcome to the forum Henri. Hope you enjoy it here. I haven't heard of them, maybe ill check it out.

I would reccommend Jade Red to everyone if you are a enya/moya fan :mrgreen: She is really AWESOME :!:

http://www.jadredd.com

Enjoy :!:
SC
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lady Ryu » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:24 pm

after my bro got this platinum album of Angelo Branduardi, i have to recommend him here!

his music is very peaceful, but also full of life. it has a bit of baroque sound. he himself is a great violonist, so he uses this instrument rather often, but also whistles and flutes.

http://www.branduardi.com
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Chris Cornell - He is sooo good! ^^ His lyrics are very beautiful and he can sing very well too =D
He was the leadsinger of the band Soundgarden and currently is the leadsinger of Audioslave.
Some songs from his solo album 'Euphoria Morning':

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELhsTwqOwSI&search=chris%20cornell
Preaching The End of the World

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k428KEavP9k&search=chris%20cornell
Can't Change Me
:)

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:56 pm

I'd like to recomend an artist who will definately not appeal to everyones tastes but I'd like to mention anyway- Imogen Heap. I ADORE the song 'Hide and Seek' and the album aint bad either. however, it's much more 'electric' than it is irish or folk, so bear that in mind and listen to some clips of hers before you go buying it!
n.
nessieq

Postby Eternal_Silence » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 pm

nessieq wrote:I'd like to recomend an artist who will definately not appeal to everyones tastes but I'd like to mention anyway- Imogen Heap. I ADORE the song 'Hide and Seek' and the album aint bad either. however, it's much more 'electric' than it is irish or folk, so bear that in mind and listen to some clips of hers before you go buying it!
n.

I thought the name Imogen Heap looked weird so I downloaded some of her music and I have to say I like it pretty much =P I like the 'electronical' thingie about her music =)
You really have a funny music taste ^ ^

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Eternal_Silence wrote:You really have a funny music taste ^ ^

[/color]

I know, I think i'm the only one that can go from mozart to switchfoot to enya in the same breath... :lol:
nessieq

Postby Hester » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:49 pm

nessieq wrote:I know, I think i'm the only one that can go from mozart to switchfoot to enya in the same breath... :lol:

Who says you're the only one? :mrgreen:
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lynette » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:38 am

eh hem...ness...
you're not the only one...rest assured... you're in good company :mrgreen: 8) Hester & I'll join you there...
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:19 am

LOL we should start a club, laydeees!!!
nessieq

Postby Hester » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:58 am

Yeaaaaah :lol: count me in 8)
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Just discovered an amazing artist called Sissel

http://www.sissel.net/index.asp(Note to mods: If this link isn't allowed, please remove it thanks)

Defying labels and categories simply to be herself, Sissel is truly a one-off. With her unique voice she can turn her hand to any style of music, from operatic arias and centuries-old classical melodies to traditional folk, modern jazz, pop, punk and hip-hop. “My heart is in beautiful music,” she says. “Music that touches me.”

Sissel’s music has already touched millions. A child star since the age of 11, she is now a national institution in Norway and has sung all over the world, selling six million solo albums since her recording debut at the age of only 16 and featuring on the 30-million-selling soundtrack to Titanic.
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Rattle Bag