Recommend other music artists to others

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:22 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned - probably not.

Does anyone else know the music of Rua? They're a Dublin-based duet and are really great, what I've heard :) Their website is www.ruaworld.com

A way I find really good to get to know new Irish artists is listening to this
www.accuradio.com/celtic - they have everything from Rock bands to Enya and Clannad!!! :D :wink:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Nigel » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:24 pm

I recommend Miriam Stockley either her "Miriam" album or her "Second nature" album.
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:56 pm

Nigel wrote:I recommend Miriam Stockley either her "Miriam" album or her "Second nature" album.

Not either-or, I say, both!!! :lol: Also, the rarer album called Praise (with Simon Goldenberg et.al.) is worth for checking out!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:04 pm

Nigel wrote:Not either-or, I say, both!!! :lol: Also, the rarer album called Praise (with Simon Goldenberg et.al.) is worth for checking out!

Suvi

I mean't to say both Suvi honestly :lol: (Oh and thanks for the info on the album called "Praise" i will check it out :wink: )

Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:09 pm

I got this one CD maybe 3 or 4 years ago (yes you read that right) and never really gave it too much thought but I had been trying to go through my CDs lately and trying to get rid of the ones that I never listen to anymore (mainly the Country Western music) and came across a cd done by Vann Johnson called Messages. She is a very little known singer but she is most know for being a backing vocal on concert tours with Michael Bolton and for singing the song Love Is All with Yanni.

I had forgotten how great her voice is!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:10 am

Nigel wrote:
Nigel wrote:Not either-or, I say, both!!! :lol: Also, the rarer album called Praise (with Simon Goldenberg et.al.) is worth for checking out!

Suvi

I mean't to say both Suvi honestly :lol: (Oh and thanks for the info on the album called "Praise" i will check it out :wink: )

FYI, Praise is very very rare (out of print already since it was released in 1992), so the best thing to try with that is eBay. But prepare to pay anything to get the CD...! Though I can say that it is more than worth for having!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby the whistleplayer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:25 pm

I probably already mentioned them a dozen of times, but I'd really recommend the music of Norland Wind and related artists... :mrgreen: I just got Kerstin Blodig's cd Valivann and I think it's a great cd!
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Eternal_Silence » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:45 pm

Kagrra << That's such a great band ^___^v They're from Japan and they always wear kimono's =P that's so cool ^_^

http://youtube.com/w/kagrra%3E%3Esatsuki?v=vtDZsZx_bdg&search=kagrra
This song is one of my all time favourites ^^

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:54 pm

At the moment, there are lots of rumours that Dido will release a new album this year. But unfortunately it's just rumours and so-one clears up if they're right or wrong. As Enya, Dido often disappears for a year or two and doesn't make any announcements. So Dido's fans seem to feel pretty much the same as Enya's fans often feel. I slowly start to think that leaving the fans in doubt is something ordinary. Many artists do that.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Daragh » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:18 pm

I thought that I'd use my 200th post to give out about something that happened this week and to say that it is an opportunity to buy new music. My house was broken into, they stole my car and subsequently the cd collection that was in it. So I am going to go back through this thread to see what you guys recommend and update my car collection with some new stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions here and let's hope it eases the pain of the intrusion.

Cheers
dar
Forgiveness is the key...not pride!
You know who! from Perfect Time
Daragh

Postby Beth » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:18 am

Dar, I hope you and your wife are alright!!

I got this cd a good long while ago but never cared to listen to it (mostly cause it put me to sleep). It's made by Victoria's Secret (yes that one) and it's called Heavenly Music for Angels ... it's really good!
Last edited by Beth on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lynette » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:41 am

Dar,
That so sucks that you were robbed. Hopefully no one was home when it happened. Are you and your's all ok? It's an awful experience. When we were robbed at the church and someone stole Mike's guitars and then again when our credit card numbers were stolen...we just felt so violated. So..in some small way I know how you feel. Take care dude....
Regards,
Lyn
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:43 am

Sorry... had to make another post. I was sitting here watching the Oscars and Bird York was on singing her nominated song, In The Deep (played in Crash) when I heard a honking outside... turns out it was the UPS guy and he brought my CD by her!! I've been sitting here listening to it and am really amazed!!

Here's her site if you wanna take a look and listen: http://www.kathleenyork.com/index-main.html
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Balor » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:10 am

Anyone heard of a band from Nova Scotia called Rawlins Cross?
Who in the valley shed the poison tear?
Balor
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Daragh » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:52 pm

Lynette wrote:Dar,
That so sucks that you were robbed. Hopefully no one was home when it happened. Are you and your's all ok? It's an awful experience. When we were robbed at the church and someone stole Mike's guitars and then again when our credit card numbers were stolen...we just felt so violated. So..in some small way I know how you feel. Take care dude....
Regards,
Lyn

Hi Lyn

Yes we were inthe house at the time but the house alarm got rid of them. It is a scary thing alright but we are working through it. Thanks for your comments.

Dar
Forgiveness is the key...not pride!
You know who! from Perfect Time
Daragh

PreviousNext

Return to Rattle Bag