Recommend other music artists to others

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby sammi fredenburg » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:44 am

i read all nine pages, and found no one recommending Bono or u2. interesting.

i also love the world of Gavin Friday, he has a number of songs on YouTube. www.gavinfriday.com

Bob Geldof has put out some awesome solo projects in his day, i still enjoy them.

Andrea Coor is another lovely voice i recommend.

=)
"i can't get cross with moya, i love her too much . . . . " - bono (this line made my day!)
sammi fredenburg
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Ar Gemenerez » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:48 am

Did some of you ever heard of Deborah Henson-Conant ? She's just amazing...and a little bit crazy sometimes ! But what she can do with her harps is incredible. I especially "Baroque Flamenco", it's a mix between 2 different kinds of music : GREAAAAT !
~Janne~ lent me the DVD Invention and Alchemy, I could watch it for hours !
An(ne-)g(a)el(le) ou démon ? Ou alors un mél(ange) ?!
Ar Gemenerez
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Keiko » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:49 am

Another artist I would recommend :) is Hevia! :D
I love the pipes! I especially love the song Busindre Reel.. (I always thought, they must be from England.., but there actually from Spain!)
but there quite good though!

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya Prynn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:42 pm

Ar Gemenerez wrote:Did some of you ever heard of Deborah Henson-Conant ? She's just amazing...and a little bit crazy sometimes ! But what she can do with her harps is incredible. I especially "Baroque Flamenco", it's a mix between 2 different kinds of music : GREAAAAT !
~Janne~ lent me the DVD Invention and Alchemy, I could watch it for hours !

YESS!!! Deborah is absolutely amazing and a "little" crazy? That's an understatement :lol:.She did a concert at my harp studio a couple years ago, and it was sooo cool. There were only like fifty people there, and Deborah talked about all her songs ... she even did "Danny Boy" as her last song after swearing at least five times during the concert that she hated it :lol: Fun memories .... and her hair is wild :shock: . I think my favorite song of hers would either be "Budapest", "The Rain King", or "Altered Ego", but I also love "The Nightingale" :D
Don't give up now
Don't give up the bit of blue sky
You've got to go to find it
Where all the lights shine brighter
"No One Talks"
Anya Prynn
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ar Gemenerez » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Ohhhh Anya Prynn how lucky you are !!!!! I'd like so much to go at one of her concerts !
I also like the Nightingale (and the others too except Budapest), I'm going to learn it ; my harp teacher promised !

Her hair...but I love her hair !!! I just don't understand WHAT she has done with it, it's full of couloured...things, I don't know what else I could say !

And finally I LOVE her harps, especially the small one !
Ar Gemenerez

Postby Anya Prynn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:48 am

Ar Gemenerez wrote:Ohhhh Anya Prynn how lucky you are !!!!! I'd like so much to go at one of her concerts !
I also like the Nightingale (and the others too except Budapest), I'm going to learn it ; my harp teacher promised !

Her hair...but I love her hair !!! I just don't understand WHAT she has done with it, it's full of couloured...things, I don't know what else I could say !

And finally I LOVE her harps, especially the small one !

Ribbons. She braids her hair with ribbons while watching movies and it takes her six hours :shock::lol:
Don't give up now
Don't give up the bit of blue sky
You've got to go to find it
Where all the lights shine brighter
"No One Talks"
Anya Prynn
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ar Gemenerez » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:28 pm

:D LOOOOOOOL she's definitely crazy ! It will be awful when she decides to change ! But anyway I love the way she is now !
Ar Gemenerez

Postby Methica » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:02 pm

I would liek to recommend Carrie Underwood... She is a winner of Amarican Idol and I saw her on Oprah yesterday... I must say, I really like her song Jesus, Take The Wheel, and what I saw/heared on YouTube was good too!! :D
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:36 pm

If I haven't done so already I would like to recommend the artist known as Jens Gad.

He was a former guitar player on Enigma, and has recently released a few solo projects of which the following are very much in the Enigma style but all his own (and different at the same time). I highly recommend his music to anyone who likes Enigma or likes sampled music with EXCELLENT electric guitar playing:"

albums
--------

Secrets of Seduction (under a different name than Jens Gad)

Achillae - The Nine Worlds
Achillae - Amadas Estrellas (to be released in February 2007)

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:56 pm

I just got a friend invite from a french singer called cecile corbel on myspace, and i listened to a few of her pieces- they are FANTASTIC!!

http://www.myspace.com/cecilecorbel

I can see why her version of 'siul a ruin' might not appeal to all tastes, it's a bit 'pop' for a very traditional song, but dont let that put you off- the other tracks on there are faaabulous- i especially like the first and third. She also has 2 of the brennan sisters in her top friends- you can't go much wrong, can you?? :lol:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Eternal_Silence » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:07 pm

I found out about this band called The Hush Sound. They make very happy music, though sometimes it's a bit standart, but cool anyway ^ ^ They have a male and a female singer, which makes it a nice combination.
Check out their site if you're interested =):

http://www.thehushsound.com/site.html

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 am

Azure Ray- very folk sounding. I just discovered them and really like them.
epic
Garbo

Postby Niamh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:44 pm

irish at heart wrote:I would recommend Evanescence..their songs My Immortal and Lithium are beautiful. :)

Yeah, Evanescence. How often I listen to them! I especially love my immortal, hello, the only one and good enough.
I currently much to within temptation, a dutch band. They are really great
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:24 pm

oh yes, "My Immortal" is a great song :)

I would like to recommend two ladies, both related to Mike Oldfield in a way and I'm aware that there's been a separate thread on Mike Oldfield somewhere here, but I'd like to mention the solo work of those two:

Maggie Reilly
yep, the one behind "Moonlight shadow" and "To France", but she's pursued her solo career since the early 1990's. She has already released six solo albums and co-operated with some other artists apart from Mike Oldfield. She has such a pure beautiful voice and I also like the lyrics of her songs :) She's been touring around the Netherlands quite recently. Here's her official website:
http://www.maggiereilly.co.uk/index.htm (you can actually listen to some samples in the Music section)
and a very nice unofficial website:
http://reilly.szm.com/

Sally Oldfield
the sister to Mike Oldfield, pursuing her solo career since the 1970's, I believe. Her music has been one of my latest discoveries so I haven't heard much from her, yet, I think she has a very interesting voice and she knows what to do with it. She's sung some gloomy ballads, but also some songs that are very optimistic. Her style has been changing a lot during those years.
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:09 am

Just discovered that one of the worship leaders at my church is selling her lastest CD on the Web.

It's Joan Doré - she's a scottish lass, and has written many of her own worship songs, some of which we use in our services. Some songs are quite lively, Scottish-celtic style, while others are more meditative and reflective.

Here is a link to her album, "Another Day".

Luned - I know of Maggie Reilly and Sally Oldfield from your report there, but that's all. Good recommendations!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Rattle Bag