Recommend other music artists to others

The world's a big place. There's lots going on. Let everyone else know about it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby nessieq » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:02 pm

I got Jose Gonzalez's album 'Veneer' for Christmas- and it's AMAZING- maybe some of you have heard the song 'Crosses'? It's acoustic folk stuff- just him and a guitar, really incredible lyrics and beautiful melodies. I'd recomend it to anyone!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby lilly » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:52 am

I picked up "The Best of Altan" by Altan yesterday. It's a very good album! I'm really liking that traditional Irish music these days! :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
lilly
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya Prynn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:15 am

lilly wrote:I picked up "The Best of Altan" by Altan yesterday. It's a very good album! I'm really liking that traditional Irish music these days! :)

Ohhh I love Altan!! That's one album of theirs I haven't found yet though. Where did you get it?
Anya Prynn
Addicted to Moya

Postby lilly » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:32 am

Anya Prynn wrote:
lilly wrote:I picked up "The Best of Altan" by Altan yesterday. It's a very good album! I'm really liking that traditional Irish music these days! :)

Ohhh I love Altan!! That's one album of theirs I haven't found yet though. Where did you get it?

I bought mine at Borders. :D
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
lilly
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya Prynn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:07 am

lilly wrote:
Anya Prynn wrote:

I bought mine at Borders. :D

Awesome! :D. I'll have to look next time I'm there :D
Anya Prynn
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:16 pm

I'd like to recommend 2 Japanese bands =) The first one is called UVERworld and the second one is called Sambomaster.
They're both really happy bands ^___^ If you like happy music you should check them out =)
Here are 2 videoclips from Uverworld
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XYrcmkvwQSI
D-Technolife
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tMJeHn1rWdk
Chance

and one from Sambomaster:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DPtIivzu4JQ
Utagoe yoo kore

Marlies
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:11 pm

I jst found a song from someone called Gavin Mikhail. I visited his MySpace and I love his song Fight The Sky!
www.myspace.com and seach from him!!:D
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Nigel » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:27 am

This isn't a recommendation, its more like a query really. But i wondered if the mediaeval baebes were worth listening to. As i have been on their site etc, and visually they look great. But what about the music? Are they all eye candy, or is there some very deep and interesting music there?
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:22 am

I would say go and listen to them. I got introduced to them thanks to Phantas and though not every song is great, they do have a lot of good songs!
People place them in a bit of a Gothic scene but there are a lot of different genres in their songs.
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby skippy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Loreena McKennitt's latest offering "An Ancient Muse" is pretty cool. So is Sarah McLachlan's "Wintersong". I'm waiting hopefully for my birthday to see if Aoife's latest comes my way!
skippy
Enthusiastic Member

Postby irish at heart » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:49 pm

I would recommend Evanescence..their songs My Immortal and Lithium are beautiful. :)
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby dragon girl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 pm

When did Loreena McKennit's newest come out? I have a few of her albums, and while she's not my absolute favorite, she's still grand.
I'd also like to recommend Runrig. They're a scottish band. Their genre's sort of folk rock. They do a kind of mix of trad Gaelic and rock. It makes for really good music. I'll warn you, though, some of their music has a distinct sixties tone to it. Most of it is quite good. I'd give you a link, but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet. :oops: :?: Maybe someone could give me a tip?
Chrissy
Geigh sinn ar n-aite 'san t-shaoghal
We will find our place in the world
'S an ginealach ur
In a new generation
Runrig: Ard.
dragon girl

Postby eadgyth » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:34 pm

Runrig are great, although I don't have too many of their songs. My absolute favourite of theirs is "Pog aon oidhche earraich" love it!

@Chrissy: when you want to give a link, you type [ url ]link[/url ]. Leave the spaces I typed between the brackets and the url bit out and it should work. Otherwise you could just copy and paste the adress of the site and everyone interested in finding it will then have to copy it into their browser, as I'm sure they will. Hope this helps, I'm not much of an explaining person.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby eilidh » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:05 pm

Hmm... so many good ones to list!
my suggestions are, Dougie Maclean, Old blind dogs, Jim Malcolm,Fine Friday, Tannas *spelling?* Maggie MacInnes, Mairi MacInnes, Silly Wizard, Andy M. Stewart, CaperCaillie and Karen Matheson of course, Karan Casey, Altan, Runrig, Talitha MacKenzie, Kerine Polwart, Rod Patterson, Alasdair Fraisar *spelling*, Cathie Ryan, Connie Dover, the Tannahill Weavers, Rise, Relativity, Dick Gaughan. That's all I can think of at the moment
________
roor bong
Last edited by eilidh on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
eilidh

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:53 pm

When did Loreena McKennit's newest come out? I have a few of her albums, and while she's not my absolute favorite, she's still grand.

The new Loreena album An Ancient Muse was released just in late 2006, so it has not been available for "too long" anyway!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Rattle Bag