A plan to award Moya - properly! **MOYA KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT!!

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

What shall the book title be?

Voices of the Fans
57%
Tell you now (what we see)
5%
Tell you now (what we feel)
38%
Tell you now (what we hear)
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby nessieq » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:30 am

OK, people, the virtual book is in existance, thanks to so much help from Hester! I'm going to be away as of early tomorrow monring; this is probably my last post; but hester has the details for the account; just as long as everyone is happy with their things being put in then she can put the details on here; we just need to double check? Everyone happy?

I hope you like it; I won't get to hear much because I don't have internet access, but I want to hear all about it when i get back, ok?! Just wanted to thank EVERYONE one last time for al their hard work and effort; it really was worth it; thank you so much to everyone who participated.

lots of love,
ness.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Hester » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:43 pm

Yeah! The virtual book is a fact now :mrgreen:
We'd just like to know if there are any people who DO NOT want to people to see their contribution or their picture?!?!
We've only uploaded the Artwork and we've put all the letters in a worddocument .....but again, I can imagine that those letters are personal and only meant for Moya so, if you DO NOT want people to read what you've written, these letters will not be shared with anybody. Do let me know before I'll put the details of the photobucket album online....
Hester
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby NessaNumenesse » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:17 pm

You can show my letter to everyone..i don't have nothing to hide :mrgreen:
"...And the trees are now turning from green to gold..."
NessaNumenesse

Postby Beth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:38 pm

H.E.N wrote:Yeah! The virtual book is a fact now :mrgreen:
We'd just like to know if there are any people who DO NOT want to people to see their contribution or their picture?!?!
We've only uploaded the Artwork and we've put all the letters in a worddocument .....but again, I can imagine that those letters are personal and only meant for Moya so, if you DO NOT want people to read what you've written, these letters will not be shared with anybody. Do let me know before I'll put the details of the photobucket album online....
Hester

Hester, you have full permission to use my painting but I do not want my letter to Moya to be shown..... Thanks :mrgreen:
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:32 pm

Don't worry Beth I couldn't even upload the letter so it is neither in photbucket nor in the worddocument, and that picture you did is abosolutely gorgeous!!!! Seeing that painting was a pleasant surprise :D

ok, since I didn't get any further objections for posting things I'll just give you guys the link. What do you think, should I also make a new topic about it or do you think people will easily find the link in here?

go to http://www.photobucket.com

login: moyabook
password: seecontributions

Enjoy!!!!

Hester

Ps. If anyone is interested in the letters do send me a pm with your email adress and I'll send them to you.
Last edited by Hester on Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Keara » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:28 pm

Well, I'm just in awe.
Yesterday morning, I recieved a letter from the International Library of Poetry, saying a poem I sent in got accepted for publication, AND is VERY elligeable for winning 1,000$, and even the annual grand prize of 10,000$ :shock: :D
Plus, it's the poem I sent to the Máire book, minus the last paragraph. YAY!

Stephanie.
Keara
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Ardens » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:14 pm

Keara wrote:Well, I'm just in awe.
Yesterday morning, I recieved a letter from the International Library of Poetry, saying a poem I sent in got accepted for publication, AND is VERY elligeable for winning 1,000$, and even the annual grand prize of 10,000$ :shock: :D
Plus, it's the poem I sent to the Máire book, minus the last paragraph. YAY!

Stephanie.

Wow, congratulations! This is really, really a reason for being happy and it's surely a good motivation for you to keep on writing :D .

I had a look at the contributions some minutes ago and it was just amazing! All these wonderful paintings, drawings, collages and poems...
One can see clearly that everyone has his/her own style and that's great. The variety of many different contributions makes the book very interesting. :D
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:23 pm

As I met Nessie in Belfast before heading out to Donegal, I had the unique privilege of being able to see the assembled work literally a couple of days before it was presented.

Everyone made such a huge effort ... that book contains some lovely letters, some excellent artwork, and will show Moya just how much she's loved by this fanbase :)

I wouldn't say that this is merely a book of artwork: the whole book is a work of art in and of itself.

Way to go Nessie and Grania ... go raibh maith agat for all your hard efforts, especially when trying to juggle this with the pressures of exams and schoolwork!

Hester, I notice that I don't appear in your Photobucket gallery / contributions at all ... this is most likely because I was running late and got my stuff to Nessie the day I met her in Belfast. She said she was able to add my contribution (a letter and a short piece of calligraphy) to the book, and I pointed her to the photos of me that I'd shown people here, but the printer ran out of ink and she was unable to print the photos off. She said they would appear in the virtual version.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Hester » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:59 pm

Hey Angus,

Nessie and I did the uploading together....Nessie did the handmade ones that had been sent to Grania by post (Nessie had taken pictures of them) and I helped her with the ones that were in the emailaccount. Since you did not send your contribution by email I did not come across them. And I honestly don't know where Nessie has your contribution. If you want yours to be shown in photobucket as well, do send it to me by e-mail.

Hope this helps,

Hester
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:44 pm

Thanks Hester,

Unfortunately, I don't have the actual contribution in e-mail form as I gave it to Nessie directly when I met her. She may have scanned it in, but now she's away on holiday there probably won't be much chance of getting hold of it until September.

I can link you the photos - in each case save the JPEG and upload to Photobucket:

Wenchang Fishing

Prague

For completeness, I've responded to your PM with much the same reply.

Thanks again,

Angus.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Hester » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:45 am

Angus!

I've uploaded your pictures.....and I had another glance at the contributions isn't this yours: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/ ... /Angus.jpg :?: :?: :?: :?: :| :D
If it is, then it was there all the time!

Hester
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beth » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:01 pm

Hester, it looks great!! Thanks for sharing with us!!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:09 am

Don't just thank me, Nessie and I did the photobucketversion of the book together.....oh, no correction WE ALL DID IT TOGETHER :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Because if we had not all contributed there would never have been a moyabook (and a virtual one :D )
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
You did it guys!!!!!
Last edited by Hester on Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Diarmuid » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:29 am

You have ALL done a truly excellent job! Congratulations! The virtual book is fantastic! Great contributions from everyone and the pictures are stunning as well! Well done to everyone, I am most definite that Moya and the Chlann will appreciate it! This shows what happens when people from all around the world make a common effort: a truly remarkable result!
Take care everyone!
Thank you very very much Grania, Nessieq and H.E.N!
Diarmuid (from the Clannad Village forum)
Go bpillfinn ar ais go hÉirinn, an áit a sínfí mé faoin chlár.
Diarmuid

Postby Angoid » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Hi Hester ... don't know how I missed it.

Yep, that one's mine all right :D
Angoid
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space