Hugging the world

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((mise))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Thanks, I think I do. And also because it's great to see you :D

Also
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dave))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) For putting up with me as usual :roll:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby AndyPandy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Hester wrote:(((((((((Andy))))))))))) for that sentence...I know who you're thinking of, Hope you had a lovely time in the NL this weekend!

Thanks Hester, yes I had a great time riding the koplopers, I saw the 'Voice of Klannad' in Wageningen and then went for a paddle around the Kanals of Utrecht on a pedal boat! :D

*can't resist teasing about the K words there*

It was kind of bittersweet though, took me back to a time when things were different.
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby koseklumpen » Sun May 02, 2010 6:36 am

(((Hester))) Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!

(((Kate))) It was very nice to meeting you as well, hope you had a good time in the Netherlands!

(((Annemiek))) I'm so glad you're doing so well! Such a shame we didn't meet though - but well, the Netherlands aren't out of the world, so maybe (hopefully) next time!?

(((Nessie))) As Hester said, next time, there won't be anything that may stop you from meeting up... would be great to see you in summer and as i said earlier - you're very very welcome to come to Germany as well. :-)
Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
koseklumpen
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby nessieq » Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm

(((((((((((((((((((all my dutch, german and american buddies))))))))))))))))))))))))) who i missed last week!! Irish airspace was closed again today - kind of glad that I didnt re-organise my plans! But I WILL see you soon!!! Miss you all lots, big hugs.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Eternal_Silence » Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 pm

((((((((((Dave))))))))) for your help!

(((((((((Nessie)))))))))) hope to see you soon =)!
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((All who have supported me after the death of my grandmother))))))))))))))))))))

Just got back from the countryside, where nan's funeral took place just yesterday. The "blessing" ceremony in church and the burial at the graveyard nearby were both very beautiful, lots of tears indeed but I was still able to sing along with the congregation during the hymns. At the graveyard there happened a peculiar thing though, namely, right after Nan's coffin was laid to the tomb, one single fighter plane appeared and boomed its way past the graveyard as if it was saluting our funeral there! Something none of us really didn't "order", so obviously it was a very amusing moment. The coffee reception after the burial then was a success too, quite many of the guests actually sang along with my flute playing there and many came up to me saying that they had not known I was that good player (some didn't even know I played any instruments)! I have a quick rehearsal once with the organist before the church ceremony, and one of my Mum's cousins came up to me, hugged me and said that he was more than moved to hear me play so beautifully even though it was a rehearsal! No wonder the hugging got me into tears as well, but this was a blessing in disguise as during the actual "performance" I then was able to keep my composure without any more emotional breakdowns! Today then before my uncle drove us back from Dad's place (where we stayed overnight), we visited my grandfather at the health centre where he is now because of some infections, grandfather also thanked me from my beautiful playing, so I am more than pleased for my weekend, despite of all the grieving.

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:08 pm

((((((((((((((Suvi))))))))))))))))) Sounds like a very moving weekend. Glad to see it seemed to go well.

(((((((((((((((G))))))))))))))))))) Welcome back stranger! :P :wink: Great to catch up on MSN tonight. Safe trip home later in the week.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm

(((((((((((((((((((Dave)))))))))))))))))))))) Great to see you too! Sorry about my rambling...I'm afraid I'll soon be back on msn more often, probably chewing your ear off even more... :oops: :mrgreen:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Kate » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm

(((((((((((Suvi)))))))))))))

So happy to read about your grandmother's funeral. It sounds like it went beautifully.
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 pm

((((((((((((Forum)))))))))))) cos' I can chalk off another 100 posts! Only got another 100 posts to get before I'm officially "addicted" *gulp*!!!! :shock: 900 not out!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 am

Officially.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Grania wrote:Officially.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

OK, so it won't exactly tell you anything that you didn't know 18 months or more ago, but it's taken long enough to get here, let's be honest! :wink: :mrgreen:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 pm

((((((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))))
because this is my first forum visit in nearly a month. How are we all?
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 am

(((((((((((((Ness))))))))))))) & (((((((((((((Luned))))))))))) - for the craic on MSN last night! :D

((((((((((((((Hester)))))))))))))) Good to see you too, however briefly! :wink:
Dave

Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:17 am

(((((((((((((((((Ness, Dave & Hester))))))))))))))))))) It was great to 'see' you all online yesterday :D Take good care of yourselves!
Luned
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space