Which song do you have in your head :P

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Re: Music

Postby Memory of Trees » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Anyways, I have "Shot in The Back of the Head" by moby stuck in my head now.

I also have Distorted Love, The Voice and the Snake, and Knocking on Forbiden Doors, some of the darkest stuff I know by Enigma stuck in my head.
Memory of Trees

Music

Postby Calogero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm

some of the darkest stuff I know by Enigma stuck in my head.

Was just curious, I didn't say that to bother you. It was sincere..
"Shot in the back of the head"... what is this supposed to mean?? :?
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23)
Calogero

Postby Angoid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 am

I've got Greatest Day by Take That stuck on my brain :) but that's probably because it was being played on the radio this morning ..... :)

Does anyone ever get that when a song is determined to be stuck in your head all day? You try listening to something else to get rid of it, but the same song keeps coming back? That sometimes happens to me.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

music

Postby Calogero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 am

Does anyone ever get that when a song is determined to be stuck in your head all day? You try listening to something else to get rid of it, but the same song keeps coming back? That sometimes happens to me.

Me too..! :D And depends what the song is, it can be very boring at the end.. :|

Was once listening to the radio, and a Manson's song was airing... I was then saying loud "No, no no!!" at the office, people thought I was crazy :mrgreen:

Calo <><
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23)
Calogero

Postby Memory of Trees » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 am

Calogero wrote:
some of the darkest stuff I know by Enigma stuck in my head.

Was just curious, I didn't say that to bother you. It was sincere..
"Shot in the back of the head"... what is this supposed to mean?? :?

Shot in the Back of the head means to be shot in the back of the head. :)

It is the latest single out of Moby's latest album, it has nothing to do with non-Christian values etc etc.....

Don't worry, I have had more than enough people criticize my favorite artists more than once. I am simply used to it by now.....
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Memory

Postby Calogero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 pm

It was not intended to criticise you personally.

But maybe if you explained me, I'd understand what you really mean by that..

And anyway, we live in a free country, and everybody's free to listen to anything, wether dark, self-destroying, wether good and life-breathing.

No, I don't want to commit that mistake and join the ones who critise you.

Calo <><
Calogero

Re: Memory

Postby Luned » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Calogero wrote:But maybe if you explained me, I'd understand what you really mean by that..

I think that Memory of Trees meant a title of a song by Moby ;)

I've heard "Rändajad" by Urban Symphony in my head all day long today. I know it's a Eurovision song, but it was my favourite this year and there is something to it... I don't know, maybe it's the sound of this unusual language.
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Angoid wrote:I've got Greatest Day by Take That stuck on my brain :) but that's probably because it was being played on the radio this morning ..... :)

Oh yes!!! :wink: My brain has suddenly decided that U2's Pride (In the Name of Love) is going to keep me entertained for a while!!! Hadn't heard it for ages until it came on the radio on the way to work! (@Andy, Ness and other U2 fans - It's not a bad problem to have, is it really?! :lol:)
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Re: Memory

Postby Memory of Trees » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Luned wrote:
Calogero wrote:But maybe if you explained me, I'd understand what you really mean by that..

I think that Memory of Trees meant a title of a song by Moby ;)

Go raibh maith agus Luned for clearing that up.

That is a song title, and only a title, from Moby, the American electronic musician, from his latest single. The song has no lyrics, and it does not suggest anything obscene or evil. :)

However, that song is no longer stuck in my head. :) Now I have "All Souls Night" by Loreena McKinnett stuck in my head, hence my signature. :) I just love the earthy sound to it, and in no way is it Pagan....
Memory of Trees

loreena

Postby Calogero » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:19 am

I should have a listen to her music once, why not.
Calogero

Re: loreena

Postby Memory of Trees » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Calogero wrote:I should have a listen to her music once, why not.

You should listen to Loreena. :) Keep in mind her music is very "olden", IMO, its medievael music given a modern twist to it. I think you should listen to "La Serenissima", she dedicated that song to Venice. :)
Memory of Trees

Postby Dubhy63 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:37 am

U2 seems to keep me occupied lately ,The Unforgettable Fire has been lingering in my head for a while now :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

memory

Postby Calogero » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 am

I sometimes like very olden stuff, and especially when it's given a new and fresh sound on it. So I think I might like Loreena..?
I remember a time when I hated accordeon. It was just an instrument that I couldn't grab.

Until... Amy Grant recorded few songs with a glimpse of accordeon in it.. It was on her 1997 melancholic album "Behind the Eyes". I loved it so much that it was mostly the only music I could listen to for weeks and weeks...

So, if Loreena uses very olden ways, I'm not afraid to listen to her.

Calo <><
Calogero

Postby Methica » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:29 am

I've been listening to two songs a lot lately, and those two are quite hard to get out of my head. The first is a new song from Imogen Heap, called 'First Train Home', and it's just a marvelous track! Superb!
The second track is a song called 'Body Control', a song of actress Leighton Meester, recently found out she's working on her debut album, and I'm actually kinda curious... 8)
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Re: memory

Postby Memory of Trees » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Calogero wrote:I sometimes like very olden stuff, and especially when it's given a new and fresh sound on it. So I think I might like Loreena..?
I remember a time when I hated accordeon. It was just an instrument that I couldn't grab.

Until... Amy Grant recorded few songs with a glimpse of accordeon in it.. It was on her 1997 melancholic album "Behind the Eyes". I loved it so much that it was mostly the only music I could listen to for weeks and weeks...

So, if Loreena uses very olden ways, I'm not afraid to listen to her.

Calo <><

Loreena rarely uses accordion, and when she does, you can barely hear it. She uses a lot of wonderful old instruments from Greece and Turkey, like Greek Oud, the Hurdy Gurdy, the Bouzouki, etc. all the way to the Uillean pipe and tha harp. :)
Memory of Trees

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space