Your Latest Albums

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby kackie » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:15 pm

Oh, I love movie soundtracks--I have tons of them. My favorite composer is John Williams. I get all different kinds so I have different moods to set while I'm writing. For battles or fights or moody scenes, I have "Gladiator," "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy soundtracks and "Pearl Harbor." Of course, all of those have quiet, contemplative songs, too. I have the "Star Wars" soundtracks from the newer movies, "Back to the Future" soundtrack, "The Time Machine," "Jurassic Park," "A.I," "Atlantis" and a bunch of others. Sorry this is a little off-topic, but I LOVE soundtracks!!! :mrgreen:
An unearthly look about him/He’s a strange and mysterious man/He whispers my name/They call him Shadowmoss
http://geocities.com/ilovepippintook
kackie

Sound tracks...

Postby Grania » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:48 pm

Talking of Soundtracks, does anyone know how many film soundtracks Moya has done? There is King Arthur obviously, and I have the 'Back to Titanic' album, but what else is there?
Come to that; what are everyone's thoughts on the song Moya does on 'Back to Titanic'? Personally, I'm not sure that the song suits her. Don't get me wrong, it's really well done, but you get what I mean :)
Grania
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Re: Sound tracks...

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:04 pm

Grania wrote:Talking of Soundtracks, does anyone know how many film soundtracks Moya has done? There is King Arthur obviously, and I have the 'Back to Titanic' album, but what else is there?
Come to that; what are everyone's thoughts on the song Moya does on 'Back to Titanic'? Personally, I'm not sure that the song suits her. Don't get me wrong, it's really well done, but you get what I mean :)
Grania

Clannad have contributed to at least The Last of The Mohicans as well as to Patriot Games and Switch (a Moya duet with Paul Young called Both Sides Now)... If anyone knows more, just continue the list!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:17 pm

Come to think of it; we are forgetting the two most important ones....

Harry's Game and Robin of Sherwood :!:

Brain...where are you? :mrgreen: :roll:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Garbo » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:49 pm

Best soundtracks are Danny Elfman soundtracks- Nightmare before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Beetlejuice...
I don't have money to buy cd's except aria or opera cd's so and thankfully that's my favourite genre! :D
epic
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:05 pm

Moya also sung on the "Circle of Friends" soundtrack with Shane MacGowen ("You're The One"), the "To End All Wars" soundtrack too (which I wish they'd release on CD!

I was watching Nell the other night (cried bucket loads as ever) and loved the soundtrack to that, I'll have to see if it's available as it was lovely.

Garbo, Edward Scissorhands and Big Fish have great soundtracks indeed! Glad you've bought some Simon & Garfunkel too, they're a wonderful pair.
wonky_eggs

Postby Garbo » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:17 pm

I've been a fan of S&G since I was a kiddie, dear, I just don't have money to buy things. They came to where I live and I couldn't see them. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My favourite Danny Elfman soundtrack is Nightmare, but he is really an amazing composer, one of the best.
epic
Garbo

Postby wonky_eggs » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:07 pm

I was exposed to S&G when I was about 11 one new year and I've been hooked ever since, they're just so wonderful. Paul Simon is an excellent song writer
wonky_eggs

Postby Oisín » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:29 am

Well... if we only count legally purchased, non-pirate CD's, that sort of makes it a little harder for me, 'cause those are pretty much impossible to find here - so, I'll just count everything :D

01. 王菲 (Faye Wong) : 将爱 ("It's My Style")
02. 王菲 : 只爱陌生人 ("I Only Love Strangers" perhaps?)
03. 王菲 : 天空 ("Sky")
04. 王菲 : 浮躁 ("Impatience" perhaps?)
05. 王菲 : 胡思乱想 ("Random Thinking")
06. 王菲 : 唱游 ("Scenic Tour")
07. Madonna : Greatest Hits Volume 2
08. Björk : Medúlla
09. Under Byen : Det Er Mig der Holder Træerne Sammen (I'm the One Who Holds the Trees Together) [d/l]
10. Under Byen : Kyst (Coast) [d/l]
11. Garbage : Version 2.0
12. 周杰伦 (Jay / Jay-Jo / Jay Chow) : 叶惠美 (don't know the English title, 叶惠美 sounds like a girl's name, so maybe just Ye Huimei)
13. Sinéad O'Connor : The Lion and the Cobra
14. Sigur Rós : Ágætis Byrjun (An Okay Beginning) [d/l]
15. Kari Bremnes : Svarta Bjørn (Black Bear)

Yeah, that's pretty much it from the past month or so... no, some of them I've had longer...

I can warmly recommend Faye Wong, she's awesome! The same goes for Under Byen - if you like Björk and/or Sigur Rós, you're likely to also like both these two (especially Under Byen can be compared - Faye Wong is Chinese and thus somewhat different, but I highly recommend Björk fans to get "It's My Style" from 2003).

*hoping and praying that the Chinese will show up properly here*
Oisín

Siúil liom tríd na réalta dearga...
Oisín

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:28 pm

wonky_eggs wrote:I was exposed to S&G when I was about 11 one new year and I've been hooked ever since, they're just so wonderful. Paul Simon is an excellent song writer

I would probably listen to S&G all day long if it weren't for Clannad/Moya, the Byrds, and Cherish the Ladies! I like to try to play along on the whistle to "El Condor Pasa".

By the way, Clannad also has a track in the soundtrack to "Message in a Bottle"
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/894/index.php

Dieu de service, et Dieu seulement.
Jim

Postby Oisín » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:30 pm

Jim wrote:I would probably listen to S&G all day long if it weren't for Clannad/Moya, the Byrds, and Cherish the Ladies! I like to try to play along on the whistle to "El Condor Pasa".

Do you know Yma Sumac's version of "El Condor Pasa"? I love Simon & Garfunkel's version, but in Yma's, it's like the bird that stretches its wings and takes off to the skies is painted so clearly, you can almost feel the brush of air from the flapping wings...
Oisín

Siúil liom tríd na réalta dearga...
Oisín

Postby elizabeth » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:13 pm

Kate Bush - The whole story. i really really love Kate's music. It, like Moya's is so moving.
elizabeth
Enthusiastic Member

Talking about soundtracks

Postby Macha » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:27 pm

Hi Grania,

I've got the soundtrack album "Back to Titanic" at home and I think that Moya sings very beautiful. I love this song "Come Josephine, in my flying machine". But I always asked myself, where the producers did get the lyrics. This song is very old. It is from 1911, the year before the sinking of the Titanic. I've got the first "Titanic"-Album, too. Which soundtracks do you have at home?

It would be great to hear from you soon!

Love, IrishGirlm
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:16 pm

I don't have many soundtracks - it's not generally something I'm in to :oops:

As for the age of 'Come Josephine...', if you think about it, a lot of traditional songs are much older than that - look at some O'Carolan stuff - so it doesn't personally surprise me that the lyrics survived.

Are you interested in Titanic IrishGirlm? Me and elizabeth both are (excuse me saying that for you Lizzie :) :oops: ).
Maybe we should open a 'history discussion' section on the forum :wink:
Everyone tell me what you think, and if the idea is popular, I'll do it :)
Maybe for my 100th post, which can't be too far away now :mrgreen:
Slán - Grania

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby richard » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:13 pm

hi guys
the latest albums i bought were:
caroline lavelle-a distant bell
the corrs-the best of
annie lennox-bare
lisa stansfield-the moment