Your Latest Albums

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:21 pm

Guess what :D I got an album of (I think) orchestral music by Shaun Davy and Rita Connolly entitled.........

GRANUAILE!!!!

lol - here she goes again........... :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: :roll: :wink:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby nessieq » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:44 pm

Grania wrote:lol - here she goes again........... :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: :roll: :wink:

my thoughts exactly, surprise surprise, enjoy your album (did u not say u bought it for ur MAM?)
n.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Grania » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:58 pm

Well - yes we did :oops:

But it is seriously FANTASTIC!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby mise » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:31 pm

:D I got Aislingí ceoil this weekend.

It is a fabulous album by Máire Breatnach, who is not only a great fiddleplayer, but also a fine singer. I wanted to get this album for a long time, so I feel very very lucky!

:D And Fiddleplayer, what did you get....? :wink:
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

My latest one...

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:56 pm

Title: Requiem (In Paradisum)
Composer: Karl Jenkins
Artists: West Kazakstan Philharmonic Orchestra, Cor Caerdydd, Cytgan, Serendipity singers, etc.

Comment: The latest 2 works (Requiem & In These Stones Horizons Sing) of my favourite composer, not very similar to Adiemus but typical Jenkins anyway!

(Suvi)
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Sat May 28, 2005 3:23 pm

thought I'd refresh this topic a little... just bought

Macalla by clannad- only used to have it on LP, now got the remastered version on CD, good stuff

The Definitive Collection of Eliza carthy too, haven't had much of a listen yet, anyone else like her stuff? She's the daughter of Martin Carthy, the guy who did giitar on TH for moya. pretty coool, huh?
ness.
nessieq

Postby Jackie » Sat May 28, 2005 7:27 pm

I don't know what's happened to me...I don't know whether to be acutely embarrassed :oops: or check myself in to hospital quick smart!!

I don't think I can even bring myself to admit what I have done....I have bought Meteora and Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park :shock: :shock: :shock: AND even worse I actually like some of the tracks :shock: :shock: :shock: I tell ya this PMT lark can be sooooo terrifying, my alter ego is so diametrically opposite to the real me, it's one scary place to visit!

J :lol:
Jackie
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Nigel » Sat May 28, 2005 11:15 pm

I recently brought 4 albums all of the same artist!

They are:

Adiemus - Songs of sanctuary
Adiemus - Cantata Mundi
Adiemus - Dances of time
Adiemus - Eternal Knot

And im thinking about getting "Adiemus - Vocalise" as well. And if your wondering, i think the music of Adiemus is absolutely amazing! :mrgreen:

I know somebody else who really likes Adiemus in this forum, and they know who they are :mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Sun May 29, 2005 4:50 pm

Nigel0001 wrote:I recently brought 4 albums all of the same artist!

They are:

Adiemus - Songs of sanctuary
Adiemus - Cantata Mundi
Adiemus - Dances of time
Adiemus - Eternal Knot

And im thinking about getting "Adiemus - Vocalise" as well. And if your wondering, i think the music of Adiemus is absolutely amazing! :mrgreen:

I know somebody else who really likes Adiemus in this forum, and they know who they are :mrgreen:

Yep, it's me indeed!! Also, if you do not have Karl Jenkins's latest work, Requiem, then I strongly recommend you to have it as well (though it is more like The Armed Man than Adiemus...)!

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lady Ryu » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:44 am

just got as a really late birthday present a new album: blackmore's night

niiiiiice
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:16 am

My latest ones:

Title: Trísan
Artist: Trísan
Comments: The debut solo project by Pól Brennan after leaving Clannad!
Great blend of Chinese, Japanese and Irish music styles indeed!!!

Title: Pie Jesu
Artist: Aled Jones
Comments: One of Aled's boyhood career albums, made 3 years after the big hit "Walking In The Air"! Really stunning!

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:46 am

Ive bought a few recently but the one I want to tell you about it "sweet Liberty" By Cara Dillon- I know mise has heard of her but has anyone else? She's got the most beautiful voice and her latest album, as afore mentioned, is really a fine piece of work. I'd urge anyone to go buy it, particularly for a song called "The Winding River Roe"- it's REALLY good, and dare I say it, I hear a few brennan influences in a few of the vocals! She's got a similar style anyways.
ness.
nessieq

Postby Lady Ryu » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:52 am

@nessie
never heard, but if you have it in another mode than itunes, you could send a sample one day. :lol:

blackmore's night could be your taste too. it's a bit celtic a bit medioval french music. with old instruments but new songs. pretty cool.

@suvi
i would love to listen to that album, but till now i wasn't able to get that album at any place... i'll keep on looking.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:12 am

Lady Ryu wrote:
@suvi
i would love to listen to that album, but till now i wasn't able to get that album at any place... i'll keep on looking.

Yep, you might have some lucky with eBay, namely the album was made in 1992 already so it may be out of print...!

Suvi
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anna » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:26 am

nessieq wrote:The Definitive Collection of Eliza carthy too, haven't had much of a listen yet, anyone else like her stuff? She's the daughter of Martin Carthy, the guy who did giitar on TH for moya. pretty coool, huh?
ness.

I love her rendition of Worcester City! *sings* "In Worcester City there lived a damsel and now the truth to you I'll tell, by her servantman she was courted, he often told her he loved her well..."

nessieq wrote:Ive bought a few recently but the one I want to tell you about it "sweet Liberty" By Cara Dillon- I know mise has heard of her but has anyone else? She's got the most beautiful voice and her latest album, as afore mentioned, is really a fine piece of work. I'd urge anyone to go buy it, particularly for a song called "The Winding River Roe"- it's REALLY good, and dare I say it, I hear a few brennan influences in a few of the vocals! She's got a similar style anyways.
ness.

I'm a BIG Cara Dillon fan. I've got both her solo albums, collaborations with Equation, Mike Oldfield, Ashley Hutchings, Ghostland and Independent Irish Artists and albums featuring her sister Mary Dillon and brother-in-law Seth Lakeman. All in all, 12 Cara-related CDs :oops: My favourite Sweet Liberty tracks are Bonny, Bonny, Broken Bridges and Falling Like A Star. However, I cannot hear any Brennan influences. Her main influences are her sister Mary and 5 years at Warner Music. On the other hand, the folks at Warner were trying to make her sound like a cross between Enya and The Corrs. And Mary may be influenced by the Brennans... Anyway, I cannot wait for her new album After the Morning to be released in September. She's going to premiere it tomorrow in Frome. I want to go there! *sigh*

So many great CDs to be released this year: the Brennan girls, Cara, Mike Oldfield, The Corrs' traditional album... 15 (or so) artists I like have released / are going to release an album this year. Where will I get the money?!

cantilena91 wrote:Title: Pie Jesu
Artist: Aled Jones
Comments: One of Aled's boyhood career albums, made 3 years after the big hit "Walking In The Air"! Really stunning!

Suvi, by the way, did you know that Aled Jones worked with Mike Oldfield (as well as Miriam) in the past? It was in 1985, he was very young.

My latest album:

Tori Amos: Scarlet's Walk (2002)
Fave tracks: A Sorta Fairytale, Pancake, I can't see New York, Scarlet's Walk, Gold Dust.

Yeah, and for those who don't know Cara:
Cara Dillon: False, False (live) - audio (3.05 MB)
Cara Dillon & The Ulster Orchestra: Craigie Hill (live at the Belfast Festival) - video (7.8 MB)

If this is against forum rules or something, I will remove the links. But the live versions of those songs have never been commercially released, so I think it should be OK.
Anna
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space