First time here

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

First time here

Postby jennyfedei » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:40 am

Hello, I'm Jenny 8)

Originally from California, I moved to Pennsylvania in 2000 to marry my sweetheart Brian Fedei. We both run a recording business in the music industry and have a great fondness for Irish music. I also run a part time business selling holistic pet products. My passion is working with rescues, photography, graphic arts and blogging. We have 3 lovely grown daughters and live in Erie. We have followed Moya's career for quite some time and love her music. On Friday she was in Erie, so we were able to secure orchestra seating on the front row and thoroughly enjoyed the show. We actually had the pleasure of meeting her briefly after the show. I though she was very gracious. It was the icing on the cake after a very long and hard year in 2014. I lost my mom and had a series of health scares of which I'm still recovering. This was such a boost.

Anyway, I saw this forum and thought I would give a shout out to others who also are interested in Irish music, particularly Moya's music of course.

Best,
Jenny
jennyfedei

Re: First time here

Postby Angoid » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Jenny,

Nice to have you aboard!

Unfortunately, this forum is very quiet these days but do stick around as people do pop by from time to time, ask any questions and contribute to the discussions.
And just have a look around - there's a wealth of information here as well :)

A number of us here have also met Moya after a concert, and it's always reported as a very nice experience - I've only met her once myself and it was a real please and joy to do so.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby jennyfedei » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:57 pm

It seems forums are becoming a dying breed with social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, et all.. taking social aspects to new heights. I've always thought forums were the better way to go.. more personal and a nicer way to build a community, but what do I know?

Hey, I wouldn't have seen your response had I not come back here and checked. Is there a way to set the system to email me anytime someone responds to my posts? I thought by checking the "subscribe topic" box I would automatically receive an email when someone responded back to a post, but I didn't receive anything. Just wondering if there is a better way?

Anyway, meeting Moya was the highlight of Christmas this year. My husband and I have followed her career for years and have always enjoyed her music. Meeting her was a lovely experience for both of us.
jennyfedei

Postby dids » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:01 am

hello, and welcome on board jennyfedei :D
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:45 am

I think it depends on the forum communities, what they do and what their purpose in life is.

I'm on a number of computer support forums, sometimes offering help when the area is something I know about and some of them are thriving while others see very little activity. But people often join those sort of forums to get a computer problem fixed and once the're clear of the issue they're having, they scarper - never to be seen again. Those who do stick around are the helpers, the moderators and admins, etc.

In our case here, Moya hasn't produced much new material and she also has a Facebook presence.

The "Subscribe to topic" should trigger an email to you when a response is posted to a topic you're subscribed to. Check your spam folder - forum emails often get sent there (this is a common problem with forum automatic emails across the board). Meanwhile, when I get a chance, I'll check the board settings to see if there is an incorrect setting giving rise to this.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby kevinkells » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi and welcome Jenny...
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Susann » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello and welcome, Jenny :D .

Unfortunately the forum has been very quiet for some time. I'm old fashioned because I don't have Facebook or Twitter accounts - I prefer the forum.

I have seen Moya and CLANNAD more then 30 times and it's always a great pleasure to talk to Moya after every concert :D :D :D .
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Susann,

I know the feeling. Alghough I do have FB and Twitter, I don't use them a great deal and I do think there is a place for forums still as they create communities that you just don't get on social media sites.

Not to be negative about them, as they do have their place but not as a replacement for forums IMHO.

I pop along here most days, but sadly and unfortunately the only activity I usually see is a new spammer has come on board :(.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Fan space