The Happy hill

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby nessieq » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:30 pm

hey there people,
i'm INCREDIBLY happy today, and i shall now tell you why.
today, i purchased 2 very groovy items. the first was a pair of tickets to see moya live :D and the second was a really cool book all about irish music and its origins. it even has a few pages about clannad, and although nearly all their names are spelt wrong, it's kool and has some really nice photos i've never seen before.
i'm also happy because my little brother was in such a stupid mood today, and kept coming out with some hilarious stuff such as:

*nessieq reads new book with clannad picture in it*
little bro no. 1 :" who's that"
nessieq " have a guess"
little bro no. 2 "honestly sim, every knows who THAT is. it's Jordan!"
*nessieq -----> :shock: *

litttle bro : "mum, can we go buy some tooth picks?"
mum: "why do you wanna buy toothpicks?"
little rbo: "mum! everyone knows that tooth picks are the thing of the future! just like vinyl resepticals."
mum :" WHAT?"

i may have a strange sense of humor, but i just couldn't stop smiling all day long.
hope you guys had as good a day as i did!
love,
nessieq.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Garbo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:56 pm

I'm happy because my mom and I housesat for some friends of ours and I got to swim in their pool, play with their sweet doggies, and ride their horses. Ah, it was Heaven!!! :D
epic
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Lynette » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:01 pm

Glad you had a great time Garbo. It sounds wonderful.

Today was a good day. It was beautiful outside and I was able to steal some time away and play my sax for about an hour and just relax. ahhhh... 8)
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:09 pm

That sounds absolutely dreamy Lynette. Having time to yourself is always heaven.
The people who own the horses said they might have me work with their mare Belle because she is a bit naughty for riding. I rode her a bit and had to keep a tight rein on her so she needs some sacking out, lunging and bushwacking all of which I would love to do!!! I just adore horses... they're so wonderful. :D :D :D :D
epic
Garbo

Postby Lynette » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Horses are amazing. My cousin has a farm and raises them. She has one that she will be training as a cutting horse. One of her other ones...my fav...is Socks...they saddle broke him last year, but this year, he decided that that saddle wasn't for him...back to the drawing board. Of her other two one is a mare they breed and the other is an old guy...can't be ridden any longer but is still a member of their family. Sorry...babbling on aimlessly here...
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:22 pm

Hey, talking about horses is not babbling aimlessly. We used to have three horses (going to try and get photos up soon), but one died and the other two we had to sell. They were dolls and it nearly killed me to see them sold so being around the horses again was wonderful.
Breaking a horse is a big undertaking and it's not like breaking a dog. Horses are not intentionally naughty, they just know how to manipulate because they want their way and they know if you've never been around a horse or if you're scared. I've been around horses since I was a baby so that's why Mary and Nancy asked me to work with Belle. She kept following me around because the secret is: the key to a horse's heart is through it stomach. ;)
The horse you mentioned, Socks, did they work with him about the saddle then?
(My favourite part to training a horse is sacking them out) :)
epic
Garbo

Postby Lynette » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:25 pm

They took him back to the trainer and he had no luck. She said they were going to try again later with him. Sorry to hear about your horses. That would be hard...hey...but at least you had a great time with the others eh?
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:33 pm

How does he react to a saddle? Can you ride him bareback? Did he have previous owners? Sorry, I'm curious. :) A lot of times horses just want their way and don't want a rider on their back. You can't be aggressive with them, though, just create a sound relationship. The best thing my trainer told me was that you yourself should train your horse so your horse will respect you and you will respect your horse. You don't control your horse, nor does your horse control you, it's a dual relationship, but of course your horse should not be allowed to get away with anything.
If the horse had previous owners he might have gotten hurt with a saddle. In fact that could happene easily by accident, but it can scar a horse and therefore you would need to let the horse smell the saddle, the blankets, run the blankets over the horse, over the sensitive areas (where the horse will twitch to touch is usually a sensitive area) and let them know they won't be hurt. Sacking out involves that: you rub a blanket all of the horse, back, legs, hooves, neck, head, you let the horse smell it, etc. then you put it over the horses head and scare the living daylights out of the horse by making tons of noise, getting close to the horse, but never touching the horse. They soon realize that they're hearing tons of noise, but nothing is hurting them.
*laughs* Uh, oops. As you can tell I live for horses. If I get married I don't want an engagement ring I want my husband to buy me a horse instead. :)
epic
Garbo

Postby Lynette » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:39 pm

kinda hard to wear a horse on your finger though... :wink: As far as the horse...he's theirs...nothing traumatic has happened to him at all or in the last year. She was going to take him to the trainers soon so I don't know what will happen.

as far as the horse for an engagement ring, I bet that theory will change when you get engaged :mrgreen:
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:13 pm

Horses are my life and I don't just mean riding. I just love to watch them, touch their sweet noses, kiss them, be around them in general. I would sell everything I have just to have my horses again (If you've seen Hidalgo my horse Teke was a lot like that in personality). No man can compare to a relationship with a horse (and I'm dead serious). I actually got the idea because of my sister's friend who told her now husband "Don't get me an engagement ring, I want a horse." A year later she was worried about why he had not proposed until she found out he had saved ten thousand dollars for a horse thinking they're freakishly expensive. Now they have seven horses, dogs, cats, and a baby. I would not even go near a man who did not love animals and he has to love horses. That's up there with loving God. You just have to meet me to know how much I love horses. It goes beyond the cutesy girlish fantasy of a horse. Horses were my therapy after my dad died and when everyone else shunned me for not having a dad the horses were there for me sooo.... :) Oh yeah, I don't wear jewelry so you know I just want a gold band. I'm not into that sort of stuff: roses and jewelry. I'd rather have a romantic evening of riding horses out in the middle of winter in the snow with my husband. That sounds like the ideal evening for me. :D
Maybe their horse has arthritis and just hates having the extra weight put on his back. My friend's horse Moose had that problem. Or the horse is just a stinker. ;) Those are the best ones because once you've got them trained they're hilarious. We had one and boy was he naughty, but I loved him to pieces. He took down halters, got out of any lock to visit the neighbors, Teke was the greatest horse.
Okay, uh, I'm happy today because my kitty is so cute and that is a reason to be happy. ;)
epic
Garbo

Postby nessieq » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:03 pm

ok, sorry Lynette/Garbo for interupting your convo, feel free to start it again after i'm done, but i'm happy today because i just got my speakers fitted properly to my wall, and all adjusted and stuff. i listened to Tara on it and WOW. moya sounds SO GREAT with a decent stereo image (not that she doesn't anyway) . i just had to say that .
now then..
horses?
:wink: nq.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Lynette » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:00 pm

sorry nessieq, guess we did go a bit off topic there. glad you had a great day and got those speakers mounted :)
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:02 pm

I am happy for you nessie. It's the simple things in life... :D
That was fun talking with you Lynette! Just thought I'd throw that in. :D
epic
Garbo

I'm happy today...!

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:45 am

Just because my friend surprised me by sending 3 very rare boy choir CDs just yesterday! I'm listening to them non-stop now...

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lynette » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:28 pm

woohoo...my prof cancelled class tomorrow night...so i'm really happy. :lol: i'm also happy because i'm almost finished writing my course of study. when that is finished i'll be extremely happy.
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space