St. Patrick's Day 2011 in Dublin

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

St. Patrick's Day 2011 in Dublin

Postby Susann » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 pm

At night of 16th March I flew to Dublin to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day there. I stayed in a B&B in Clontarf near the sea. St. Patrick’s Day started with boat races on the river Liffey. But don’t ask me who was rowing there – I have no clue. I watched the parade between Christ Church and St. Patrick’s Cathedral. It was very colourful. The city was full of green people. Later I went to a pub but not in Temple Bar. The weather that day was not so good but it was dry.

The next day when I got up and had a glance out of the window I could see blue sky :D. So I decided to walk to Bull Island before breakfast. It was a cold but wonderful morning. After breakfast I went to Dun Laoghaire. Here I walked several hours. Later I took the DART to Killiney. Some years ago I climbed Killiney Hill from Dalkey and now I wanted to go there again but from the other side. It was a fantastic day.

On Saturday I went to the Guinness Storehouse. Here I stayed 3 to 4 hours. It was extremely crowded but I like this visitor centre. It is very informative. At night I was to the COMMITMENTS concert in The O2. This was a really great concert. Unfortunately the photos I have taken there are not good because only small cameras were allowed. But to show the atmosphere you can find some pics in the photo link. In the internet I found a wonderful review about the concert. I couldn’t express it in English so well that’s why I post the link here. But I can confirm every single word. http://www.goldenplec.com/2011/03/21/re ... tments-o2/

My flight back to Germany was Sunday late afternoon. So I had time to go for about 3 hours to Howth. This was a perfect finish of a fantastic short trip to Dublin.

Here are the photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/Susann177/ ... kSDay2011#
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Postby kevinkells » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Well done Susan! , you covered a lot: St Pats parade, the concert, the scenery around Ireland, and those cute seals. :D
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dubhy63 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:44 am

Great photos Susann,a lot look very familiar. :D We were lucky to have good weather on St. Patrick’s Day,it can be different sometimes ( 4 C and rain a few years ago ! ).I didn't go to the concert in the O2 because of the rugby,Ireland didn't win any trophies but getting the better of England is always great fun. :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby PierreC » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Whats fun about travelling from one place to another in Europe is that the fares are so cheap !

Im still jealous didnt you know that ? I cant afford to do what Susann has been doing for so long. Montreal to Europe is NOT cheap :cry:

Even if my record is not so bad (fourth trip to Europe in 2 years next week) there is no way i could do what Susan has been doing.
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Fan space