Music in Yorkshire

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Music in Yorkshire

Postby Endymion » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:06 am

Hi everyone

after trying to find a volunteer choirs and reading about them, I didnt felt comfortable of what I was reading from their websites, so my next step is to find a singing teacher and/or piano teacher who can have the same taste of music, I dont know if I'm being too much nitpicker, I just want to find someone where both can teach music and share the same music taste as me to improve my learning,it will help a lot to make me comfortable with the lessons and for what I would like to achieve.

I was expecting to find a lot of people envolved in music that could have more or less the same music tastes here in England specially from my area, but I was wrong.

Im saying this because people tend to look you different because of your "strange" (for them) music tastes.

There isnt anyone from Yorkshire Area? Leeds? Doncaster? Sheffield? Selby?

Hope to find someone because I'm a bit lonely here with my music tastes.....
would love to return to my music learning with my voice and/or keyboard...

:wink:
Endymion
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Music in Yorkshire

Postby wonky_eggs » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello from the dizzy latitudes of the North Riding!

I don't know of any music teachers to be honest, but I hope you do find someone soon. I've been meaning to build on my very basic understanding of music and learn to play instruments properly, and using music I liked, however my previous experiences were much the same as yours (except one teacher told me 90% of the music I like uses 'weird' tunings and chords and were too hard to teach).

Fingers crossed someone will turn up for you, and if I hear of anyone in your area (I lived near both York and Hull for a few years, so have contacts in the area) I'll let you know.

Barry.
wonky_eggs

Postby Endymion » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi Barry thanks for the response, hope that will happen.....

I think its not hard if we like what we are playing, well can be difficult to play but if we like so much the kind of music we are playing we have some motivation to keep going, now I have experienced learning music that doesnt say nothing to me and when I was learning to play it I got easily bored and left it, because 90% of teachers thinks to teach us all type of music and that is a very long process, with my age i dont want that, i want to learn the style of music that says something to me that makes me feel confident to move on, and then I can play my own music with that influence.

hope you understand what i mean....

see you soon
Endymion :)
Endymion
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Fan space