Life Updates?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:14 am

:D Happy Birthday Jim :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby cantilena91 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Warmest birthday wishes from me as well, Jim! Enjoy your very special day!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Happy Birthday Jim :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Hugs, everyone! And happy birthday, Jim! :)
epic
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:41 am

Happy belated birthday Jim!

And to answer the question of what am I doing lately? Besides being horribly absent here?
Well, I'm currently in my second year of college, still studying to become a teacher. I'm sad to say however that I'm sort of in a danger zone, because I failed a very importan exam of which I now only have one chance left. (That'll be in 3 weeks, my last chance.) So it's safe to say that I'm studying quite hard, because I need to pass that exam, while studying for other classes. I also decided not to do an internship this year because of some classes I still need to pass, so I got at least a year delay with school (which is strangly possible).
Besides school I've been working a lot, though the past month I've been unemployed. I got fired at my previous job, because of something silly, in my opinion. So, right now I'm looking for a job as well :P
I've also been to quite some concerts the past few months. Quite some, speaking for someone who used to go once a year. I've been to Imogen Heap, Paloma Faith, Owl City and some others. I've also been to a premiere of Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief because I've won a contest on MTV. That for someone who hardly ever wins anything?:P
What else is there to say? I'm working as a volunteer for a magazine now, which is still being set up as we speak, I'm going to be a columnist there. I'm really excited about that!
And something I really like is that I'm someone's lyricist since a week. A guy from school who is currently working on his album asked me to write some lyrics for him, so that is totally awesome of course (:
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 pm

^ That's awesome, Ez! I hope he'll like your lyrics. And I hope you'll find a job soon. If you really need a job, you can always become a werver, if you like being hated ;P.But I does pay well.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 am

It's been a while since I posted at the forum. After visiting another amazing moya concert I decided it would be really good to visit the forum again!
This year hasn't been a great year for me, I have been feeling ill a lot, but at this moment things start to become much better. I actually have been feeling healthy lately ( with exception of hay fever, but that unfortunely returns every year).
I'm not attending university yet, I will start in august. I am doing a spanish course at the uni though and I recently finished a literature course that's offered by an open university over here. So I feel like a semi-student :).
I also work a lot as a babysitter and I got really interested in yoga and things like that, that might help me to feel more calm. It actually works well!

That's it really, I guess!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby AndyPandy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Not so much a life update but just realising that i've led a pretty colourful life so far and have many stories to tell yet i'm only 31.

On with the adventure! :D
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:03 pm

I've been away much too long :oops: :oops: :oops:

But I would be amiss if I didn't get back here for the holidays.

I've had lots of busy-ness this year :roll: ...more details later - other than that I really have no excuses. :oops: :(

I'll have a more complete update after Christmas. In the meantime, I have missed you all a LOT.

HUGE great mega-sized hugs to everyone and my best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. :D :D :D

((((((((((((((((((((Forum))))))))))))))))))))

Sandy Image
'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple' - Jenny Joseph

**I am not a has-been - I am a will-be**
Sandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:04 pm

((((((((((((((((((Sandy)))))))))))))))))

Good to see you around, and hope things are good in your part of the world!

Happy Christmas and New Year to you, too!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Great to see you Sandy! Come back and talk to us! :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:18 am

Ah yes...it's good to be back!! 8)

I apologize again for a much too long absence. :oops:

I mentioned business..er, busy-ness: namely LOTS of personal growing & such - still ongoing. The rest is just plain laziness on my part. Silly me :? :roll:

Time to keep going forward though - I'm getting dangerously close to a landmark birthday!!

On 11 January I will officially turn 50 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, I'm actually looking forward to it!! It DOES give me pause, though, to realize how time has flown... :shock: :shock: :shock:

For the new year I'm planning to get a cell phone, and get myself set up on Facebook. Now if I can just quit procrastinating... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm also in the process of legally changing my last name. It won't be official until April at the earliest. More on that after New Year's.

Speking of which... more mega-hugs and good wishes for a happy & prosperous 2011 :D :D :D :D

Sandy Image
'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple' - Jenny Joseph

**I am not a has-been - I am a will-be**
Sandy
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Fan space