Annoying things

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:08 pm

The harpist's curse lilly, I do it all the time. It's even worse when my nail clippers decide to take some of my skin with them :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby lilly » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Grania wrote:The harpist's curse lilly, I do it all the time. It's even worse when my nail clippers decide to take some of my skin with them :)

Haha I agree! It really is the harpist's curse! :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
lilly
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:41 pm

It's taken me all these years to get used to having short nails :) before I started playing harp I always had very very long nails.

More annoying things. I sat down to polish up my report about Tara today, all ready to finish it and celebrate...half of it was missing, it obviously didn't save last time I did any :cry: Did you guys in America hear me screaming? :|

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Ardens » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Grania wrote:It's taken me all these years to get used to having short nails :) before I started playing harp I always had very very long nails.

More annoying things. I sat down to polish up my report about Tara today, all ready to finish it and celebrate...half of it was missing, it obviously didn't save last time I did any :cry: Did you guys in America hear me screaming? :|

I'm very sorry that this happened! I hope that you can still remember a lot of what you have written.

((((((((((((((((((((Grania))))))))))))))))))))))
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Forgot most of it :roll: it's probably for the best though, what I'd written was terrible :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby lilly » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 am

Oh no, Grania! That is awful! I hate it when that happens. What a shame. Good luck working on it! ((((((((G))))))))
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
lilly
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:05 pm

(((((((((((((((Grania)))))))))))))))) That is the absolute worst thing to have happen while you're trying to be productive. Absolutely brutal. I feel for you. It happens to everyone sooner or later, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating!
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Grania wrote: I sat down to polish up my report about Tara today, all ready to finish it and celebrate...half of it was missing, it obviously didn't save last time I did any :cry: Did you guys in America hear me screaming? :|

(((((((((((((((G)))))))))))))) Oh the joys of technology! I've had a rough experience with my computer lately, too, if it's any consolation.... :roll:

Hope you managed to get it sorted. Sounds as if it's a good job I haven't been around as a distraction..... :wink:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Grania wrote:More annoying things. I sat down to polish up my report about Tara today, all ready to finish it and celebrate...half of it was missing, it obviously didn't save last time I did any :cry: Did you guys in America hear me screaming? :|

Awww that's sooo frustrating, Grania! I hope you remember what kinds of things you wrote down eventually.

I just had a look at the schedule of the next semester at uni and it's filled with gaps! It so annoying. I rather go home earlier than sit at uni for hours and don't do as much as I would do at home. My group was also the only group with gaphours last semester and this semester I have a lot of gaphours again. Why can't I ever have a schedule without gaps? My schedules sucked at highschool, they suck almost as much at uni. I know I can do work in those hours, but most of the time I end up chatting with friends anyway, even if I try to work. That's just what happens when people come sit where you sit. Guess I'll have to visit the 'silence' areas more this semester.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:51 pm

((((((((((everyone))))))))) Thanks guys. Fingers crossed I should have this all wrapped up tomorrow - and I contrived to put in two title pages, the second one with a picture of Tara and quote from Moya on it...that's all on the page, but it made me feel better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Die-hard Moya fan? Me? Whatever gave you that idea? :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Grania wrote: Die-hard Moya fan? Me? Whatever gave you that idea? :lol:

*Ahem*

*Looks pointedly at G's number of posts*

No further evidence required. The prosecution rests, your Honour!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Sounds as if you've managed to sort it, though, G. I'm sure it'll be fine. Just don't forget to educate the lecturer if he/she has the audacity to ask who Moya is!!! :wink:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Dab051176 wrote:Just don't forget to educate the lecturer if he/she has the audacity to ask who Moya is!!! :wink:

Did you think I wouldn't????? But she's a pretty educated lady :lol: I have every faith in her. She knew Clew Bay when I talked about it :D

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Ardens » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Eternal_Silence wrote:I just had a look at the schedule of the next semester at uni and it's filled with gaps! It so annoying. I rather go home earlier than sit at uni for hours and don't do as much as I would do at home. My group was also the only group with gaphours last semester and this semester I have a lot of gaphours again. Why can't I ever have a schedule without gaps? My schedules sucked at highschool, they suck almost as much at uni. I know I can do work in those hours, but most of the time I end up chatting with friends anyway, even if I try to work. That's just what happens when people come sit where you sit. Guess I'll have to visit the 'silence' areas more this semester.

I agree with you that gaps are annoying! I had a lot of them when I went to school. Now that I have much more freedom with the timetables, I have less of them. I never work very efficently then because there aren't any silent workplaces. I'll be glad if I find a chair to sit on and try to ignore the noise. But who knows what next semester will bring, I wait for the new lecture timetables eagerly.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:07 pm

I had my timetable arranged at one faculty and I arranged it myself at the other, and in both cases those gaps seemed rather inevitable :( usually I would go to the bar downstairs to eat something or sometimes a couple of friends and I revised some material we were supposed to study together. But I agree that concentrating in such cases is really hard. Even if I wanted to spend that time in a library doing some research I always kept checking the time so that I wouldn't be late for the following class.

team work via email really is annoying!!! :x have I mentioned that already?
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:04 pm

(((Luned)))

My timetable is across 2 subjects, so I've no idea how it's going to come together :shock:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space