Annoying things

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:35 pm

I work for a bank, Sandy - and I totally agree with Angus. Despite their reputation for doing otherwise, banks in the UK have a legal obligation to at least offer a solution for a customer in your situation under their duty of care.

Especially in the current economic climate, I'd be very surprised if similar regulations didn't exist in the US, so I'd speak to someone at your local bank as soon as you can. If they don't help you, try to get independent advice from a reputable source (sorry, I don't know the US system well enough to know which direction to point you in, but a search through a local phone book for example is as good as any for a starting point).

I really wood (EDIT: should be "would" - oh, dear!!! :roll: ) recommend you get in touch with someone as soon as you can. The worst thing you can do is put it off. Having said that, I hope you get everything sorted.

((((((((((((((((((((Sandy)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Last edited by Dab051176 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:09 am

I don't know a lot about these things Sandy, but do you have the equivalent of our Citizen's Advice Bureau? They might be able to give you a hand, it would be better than struggling on your own

((((((((Sandy))))))))))
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:36 am

G - I don't think they have an equivalent to our CAB (I remember speaking to an American once about it, and they showed interest in the idea) :( but Sandy may well know of a local thing she can try, or perhaps a State-wide set-up that may be able to help.

You can get debt counselling services - I'm not trying to suggest that the debt is hideous but it's worth nipping this in the bud before it gets out of control.

In the UK, most (if not all) reputable financial institutions are regulated by a Government body called the FSA - Financial Services Authority. Do you have a similar body in the States? If so, then make sure that whoever you approach is regulated or governed by that body, as that will ensure you get the best advice.

But try your own bank first, and failing that go elsewhere. As Dave says, banks here in the UK have a duty to ensure they give you the best advice and help possible but this may not be the case in the States.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Grania » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Not wishing to go off topic, but this is about annoying things, and I'm annoyed. Most annoying of all is that I'm annoyed and I don't know why!!!! I've been feeling worse and worse for days, just like steam is coming out of my ears and I want to have a go at everyone and everything.....and there is NO reason why!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Turlough » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:29 pm

G, I know the feeling. I'll stay out of your way. :mrgreen: Would you like anything to break?

My new EMS Hailey harp is annoying, I can't seem to find the right way to hold it so I can see the strings I want to play when I try to do "Old 100th".
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Dab051176 wrote:
nessieq wrote:I HATE PACKING.

Seconded (Goodness knows I had to do it enough times whilst I was at college)!!! :mrgreen:

Pain in the neck though it is, Ness, as G says, once it's done, you haven't got to worry about it for a few months....

Enjoy the freedom!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eeerrrr I'm now UNpacking and then I'll be REpacking, and then in 10 days I'll be UNpacking again and then REpacking a month after that! I swear I spend my life in an airport with a suitcase!! :lol: Yes, it was packing for home - back in Bellshaft now!

Sandy - that is utter pants. Since I can't write you a cheque, here's a hug instead
(((((((((((((((((((Sandy))))))))))))))))))))))) I hope things get better soon.

and G - also pants! There is nothing more annoying than being annoyed. Hugs for you too.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am

nessieq wrote: Eeerrrr I'm now UNpacking and then I'll be REpacking, and then in 10 days I'll be UNpacking again and then REpacking a month after that! I swear I spend my life in an airport with a suitcase!! :lol: Yes, it was packing for home - back in Bellshaft now!

((((((((((((((Ness)))))))))))) OK, maybe you have done this packing malarkey a bit more than me!!! :wink:

(((((((((((((G))))))))))))))) Hope you're starting to feel better.
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 am

It's lovely outside! The sun is shining bright, and what am I doing? Making homework,... But, when I'm finished I'm so going to lie in the sun!
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:28 pm

Methica wrote:It's lovely outside! The sun is shining bright, and what am I doing? Making homework,... But, when I'm finished I'm so going to lie in the sun!

aww, so you're not done with your assignmnets yet? I hope it's the last one for you this academic year though! How is Teacher Training College for you?
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:17 pm

I just experienced how terrible it can be to put a sleeping bag back into its bag. I bought a new sleeping bag and at home I wanted to see what it looked like. So I took it out but had a hard fight getting it in again. It's like trying to push an elephant into a matchbox. :roll:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Luned wrote:aww, so you're not done with your assignmnets yet? I hope it's the last one for you this academic year though! How is Teacher Training College for you?

It's amazing! It's harder than I thought it would be, but so far I could handle it. I passed this year, I'm a second year student now (well, when school starts again). Need to finish a few first year courses though, but I managed to get enough credit points to go to year two :)
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Ardens wrote:I just experienced how terrible it can be to put a sleeping bag back into its bag. I bought a new sleeping bag and at home I wanted to see what it looked like. So I took it out but had a hard fight getting it in again. It's like trying to push an elephant into a matchbox. :roll:

Lol, tell me about it :P. I hate putting sleeping bags back into its bag as well. It always takes me ages. Getting something out is easy, but putting it back the way you got it out is a hard task xD.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Methica wrote:
Luned wrote:aww, so you're not done with your assignmnets yet? I hope it's the last one for you this academic year though! How is Teacher Training College for you?

It's amazing! It's harder than I thought it would be, but so far I could handle it. I passed this year, I'm a second year student now (well, when school starts again). Need to finish a few first year courses though, but I managed to get enough credit points to go to year two :)

Congratulations! I hope it will get easier for you in the second year ;) good to know you like it :)

as for annoying things, I'm chasing mosquitoes around my room now. It's just one of those summer pastimes, you've been waiting for all the year... :?
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Luned wrote:as for annoying things, I'm chasing mosquitoes around my room now. It's just one of those summer pastimes, you've been waiting for all the year... :?

That's how I spend a few nights a week as well. Mosquito hunt 8)
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby kevinkells » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:09 am

Can't sleep while there's a mozzie in the room :x...I have to go after it !
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space