Annoying things

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Grania » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 am

Nasty, I hope your head is better now :)

I've tried everything :roll: trouble is that half the time I've no sooner put the cream on than I wind up washing it off again :roll:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Luned » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Grania wrote:I've tried everything :roll: trouble is that half the time I've no sooner put the cream on than I wind up washing it off again :roll:

That sounds familiar :lol: maybe try putting the cream on your hands before going to sleep. ;)

(((((((Memory of Trees))))) migraines are annoying indeed! :?
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Yes, that's one thing I do manage. I've got these special gloves to wear overnight with the cream on underneath them. Not sure how much they do - and they also annoy me because it's very uncomfortable sleeping in them :roll:

Some good news on the previously-annoying front though, the touch pad on my new laptop is fixed! :D

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby eadgyth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Grania, have you tried 8hour cream yet? It's the one I use as a last resort for dry hands. So far it has always worked.

Memory of Trees, I hope your head feels better now! Try not to get too stressed, school's not worth it.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Hmmmm, that's not one I've heard of, thanks eadgyth, I'll look into it!

Memory of Trees, eadgyth is VERY right, I know it doesn't feel like it at the time, but really school isn't worth getting really stressed over. I know that's easy to say, but take it from someone who got very stressed at school and years later is still suffering for it!

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Eternal_Silence » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Ahh I hate it when you send this organisation an e-mail because you need help with something or whatever. I sent a message to the staff of a website to report a bug and I got this pre-written robot like answer that had nothing to do with what I've written to them whatsoever - I bet no one even actually read my message at all. That happens more with sites like those, I once sent Apple an I-Pod related message too and I had the exact same thing. I still don't have an answer to my question =P. At one point my politeness sort of diappears as well after several messages and new robot-replies. Is it so hard to hire enough people to actually read and normally answre e-mails? Gah.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:30 am

Eternal_Silence, I often think that these organisations don't actually want you to write to them.

I had something similar some time ago when I was having a problem with my Internet connection. So I checked the website, and came across a long list of FAQs. They were of the ilk, "I have lost my password. What do I do?" so I knew that none of them were going to answer my question as it was of a very technical nature.

So I skim-read them just to be 100% certain that my question was not going to be addressed. At the bottom, there was a link that said, "If your question has not been answered by these FAQ, then please email us at this address here".

So I emailed them.

I got a response immediately. It was the very same FAQ that I'd just read!!!!

Needless to say, I was annoyed in the extreme. However, there was another email address at the bottom of that mail, so I sent my email to them.

To give them credit, there was a real person at the other end who did raise a support ticket for me and respond within 24 hours with a good answer, so this one ended well.

But it was annoying to send a message to a supposedly 'helpful' email address, only to have it manned by a robot that only sent automated responses back.

I have also done that before - emailed a webmaster regarding a bug on their website, and received no response. A few weeks later, the bug is still present. Maybe the email is automatically deleted as spam as it's coming from an unknown sender? I take the view now that I don;t write to webmasters advising them of their bugs because chances are, you're just wasting your time.

It's like when you phone up large companies and you have to navigate through these telephone menu systems and then be put on hold for 3/4 of an hour listening to looped muzak interspersed with messages every 30 seconds telling you to hold and that your call is important to them. I have a theory that they put a delay thing on the phones so that nobody even knows you're calling until you've had at least 1/2 hour of this garbage.

While we're at it, it's hay fever season again :( anybody else suffering from this?
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Dab051176 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Angoid wrote: While we're at it, it's hay fever season again :( anybody else suffering from this?

I'm afraid so.... :( I haven't had a really bad bout yet this year, but have stocked up on antihistamines just in case.

Mind you, I seem to suffer more with a dust allergy. Many a night I've come home from work sneezing relentlessly, and I've put it down to the air-con at work, which seems to be extremely good at circulating cold bugs, dust, germs and as many nasties as you care to mention! :roll:

I suppose I'll be grateful for it on the off chance we do get a reasonably warm summer this year, though! :)
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 pm

@ Angoid
Yeah, I really felt like I had wasted my time. I got the entire FAQ for the subject my message regarded to. I replied the organisation back though and I think an actual person replied to me this time. What a miracle =P.

And yes, I have hayfever too :(. I never had it up until last year. Then it suddenly struck me as well. It seems worse than last year this year.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:00 pm

@Dave - do you suffer from asthma? Aircon can and does circulate bugs and nasties - not nice - so someone else could have some dreaded lurgy at the other end of the room and thanks to the aircon, you pick it up too.

@Eternal_Silence - sorry to hear you're getting hayfever :( not nice.

But it does seem to be a trade off: either we have a summer and hayfever, or we have no summer and no hayfever. Last 2 years I didn't have one single attack, but then we didn't have a summer in either of those two years either.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby nessieq » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:07 pm

I HATE PACKING.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Grania » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:34 pm

I agree with you Ness :lol: But are you packing for home? Surely there are worse things than that?

Me, I hate sitting! I wish I could just get on and goooo somewhere!

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:18 pm

nessieq wrote:I HATE PACKING.

Seconded (Goodness knows I had to do it enough times whilst I was at college)!!! :mrgreen:

Pain in the neck though it is, Ness, as G says, once it's done, you haven't got to worry about it for a few months....

Enjoy the freedom!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Sandy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:45 am

Two words:

PERSONAL DEBT :x :roll: :x :x :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've spent a LOT of time and energy trying to dig myself out of it...with a teaspoon :roll: :roll: :roll: that's how slow and tedious the process has been so far.

The trouble started when I ran into some unexpected/emergency expenses a few months back...I had savings to cover some of it, but obviously not enough, as my savings are currently depleted.

Grrrrrrr... :x :x :x

(more in unhappy hill)

Sandy Image
'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple' - Jenny Joseph

**I am not a has-been - I am a will-be**
Sandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: Sandy, that's the *last* thing you need!

See what you can do to get as low an interest rate as possible, and consolidate all your debts onto it. It's the interest you've got to pay back that's the real killer when it comes to debt - it seems to be designed so that once you're in debt, you cannot get out easily.

On no account go to a 'loan shark' because that is exactly what they are - sharks. Talk to your own bank in the first instance, and di it sooner rather than later.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space