Your (current) addiction(s)

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby kevinkells » Wed May 28, 2008 1:00 am

My current addictions? Utube for sure. It's not only a current one, but a past one, and one that will be with me into the distant future lol :mrgreen:

I love looking up the film-clips of artists and their music I have at home. :)
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Wed May 28, 2008 7:36 am

A_S wrote:I swear, raisins may be among the most addictive foods known to man. They were my food addiction before I switched to cran-raisins, which are still sort of in the same category.

You would get along so well with my little niece :lol: She loooooves raisins...these ones in particular http://www.sparkplug9.com/images/sunrype.jpg Do you have those too? They sold them when I was little and they still sell them :lol:

A_S wrote:Oh, and do you people in Europe honestly not have cinnamon flavored gum and toothpaste and all? We have it all over the place here! What about Altoids? Do you have those?

cinnamon flavoured gum???? you really have that :shock: and what are altoids??? :lol:

Oh one my other addictions, Feta cheese with sundried tomatoes and rucola salad.
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Wed May 28, 2008 9:35 am

Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Hester » Wed May 28, 2008 11:12 am

did I write gum?? I meant to write 'Toothpaste' LOL :lol: ...can't imagine you can buy thát in a shop...I always have to think of homemade applepie when I think of cinnamon...
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby the whistleplayer » Wed May 28, 2008 3:23 pm

I loved the cinnamon gum by Altoids when I was in Alaska. Our Alaskan guide always had some and before we went home, she treated the whole group to small tins of Altoids in all flavours :mrgreen: I got the chocolate covered cinnamon sweets, yum!
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer

Postby A_S » Thu May 29, 2008 2:02 am

Behold, then, cinnamon-flavored toothpaste:

http://www.dentist.net/images/crest-whitening-cinnamon.jpg
I just finished a tube of this kind a few weeks ago. It tastes a lot like cinnmon gum (which doesn't help those of you who don't have that), and it's a good option for people who don't like mint. I like it, personally, and it's all over the place here.

Altoids are little mints that come in all sorts of flavors, from peppermint to cinnamon to ginger (even though I haven't tried that one yet). Their slogan is "curiously strong" and it's accurate. Your mouth feels like it's burning if you have too many! They also come in gum, yeah. And I agree that the chocolate covered ones are divine!

And yes Hester, those are THE raisins of choice. Those little boxes are so easy to eat up... Your neice has good taste. :lol:
A_S

Postby Niamh » Thu May 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Hester wrote:
A_S wrote:I swear, raisins may be among the most addictive foods known to man. They were my food addiction before I switched to cran-raisins, which are still sort of in the same category.

You would get along so well with my little niece :lol: She loooooves raisins...these ones in particular http://www.sparkplug9.com/images/sunrype.jpg Do you have those too? They sold them when I was little and they still sell them :lol:

I know these of course! I used to eat them when I was younger, nowadays I just eat 'normal' raisins, without the nice red box around them
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Sat May 31, 2008 4:14 am

Mountain Dew (although I'm trying to break this habit)

Shmores... ??? (Yeah, weird)

Red wine (well, not really, but I do enjoy it every once and a while and I just like smelling it)
epic
Garbo

Postby Paul K. » Sat May 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Black chocolate, and I know it's not healthy at all. :P
Paul K.

Postby Hester » Sat May 31, 2008 6:13 pm

"I'do anything" a BBC program in which they search for a girl who can play the role of Nancy in the musical Oliver. I've been watching it from the start and I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuve it!!! serious addiction lol... anyone else been watching it? the final show is tonight and in about an hour and a half they know who gets the role, I think (and hope) it's going to be Jodie.
Hester
Addicted to Moya

Postby Siobhan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 am

@ness: :lol: I don`t thing that walking in the rain is too insane (especially when there`s a nice warm home withing walking distance :mrgreen:)

You really don`t have a cinnamon chewing gum? I was sure it`s everywhere. I used to be addicted to it some time ago. I could eat one pack a day and then my mouth burned for another half a day. :D

My current addictions...
ALMONDS. I`m eating them like mad. :D
SUN (it must have something to do with me moving to Dublin, you know... :lol:)
The sea - any free afternoon and guess where you can find me. :)
Lily O`Brien`s hot chocolate. Oh my... I`m trying to drink not more than one a week, but it`s sooo hard... ;)
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Paul K. wrote:Black chocolate, and I know it's not healthy at all. :P

Dark chocolate is actually incredibly good for you. I mean, don't have like a huge bar in one sitting, but a few pieces a day is good.
epic
Garbo

Postby Grania » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Siobhan...Lily O'Brien's do hot chocolate??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: WHERE CAN I GET SOME????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Siobhan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Grania wrote:Siobhan...Lily O'Brien's do hot chocolate??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: WHERE CAN I GET SOME????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I`m not sure about England, but in Ireland you can get it in Insomnia (very appropriate name for a coffee shop :lol:). I have one in Spar just outside my workplace (ooooh, sooo dangerous... :mrgreen:).
So, G, when are you coming? ;)
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:16 pm

14th!! But I'll be in County Mayo then :( Mum's said I might be able to go to Dublin before I got to University though :D I won't manage Donegal :cry: but Dublin.... :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space