Your (current) addiction(s)

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Yet another addiction for me...

Postby cantilena91 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:13 pm

...namely Barbara Bukowski teddybears! I saw them being for sale while in Rokua, and they are all so cute that I couldn't resist buying one (called "Lilla Alfred") for myself! Now then I have another, though a bit smaller one (12,5 cm tall), don't recall the name of it but it's got fair fur and is small enough to fit on the palm of my hand!

Suvi

Edit: Found the smaller one's name, it's actually... Tim! Bought also a third one, this time "Baby Edmund" :lol: Here are some image links for you to see:

http://www.idelica.be/images/bukowski/Bukowski_2008-2009.pdf (Baby Edmund on page 9, Lilla Alfred on page 14)

http://81.169.162.205/shop_cfg/Teddyli/tim.jpg (Baby Tim, the one without the heart)
Last edited by cantilena91 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:06 pm

The BBC TV series 'Merlin'. They've been re-showing it on BBC 3, finishing the other day and I've suddenly (now it's off air again :roll: ) come down with a serious addiction for it! iplayer!!!!!

Any one else watch Merlin? Or New Tricks for that matter, that's a serious one in this household?

Shame of shames, I also like Casualty 1900s :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby A_S » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Of course I watch Merlin! I think it's fun, but not nearly as cool as Robin Hood. Of course, being off at Yale means that I've missed the past few episodes (they're in the middle of the first airing over here in the States). It's time to catch up online, I think!
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Keiko » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Zumba!

Love doing it :D

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 pm

A_S wrote:Of course I watch Merlin! I think it's fun, but not nearly as cool as Robin Hood. Of course, being off at Yale means that I've missed the past few episodes (they're in the middle of the first airing over here in the States). It's time to catch up online, I think!

Ah, I much prefer it to Robin Hood, certainly the more recent ones of that..how can you have Robin Hood without Marion? I love Merlin, not sure why, I just like the characters maybe...not sure :) What about you AS?

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby A_S » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Well, season 3 of Robin Hood hasn't aired over here yet, so I can't speak to Robin without Marian yet, but there is a girl here who also watches it and has found a site that we can use to watch season three now, so I'll catch up soon!.

I watch Merlin mostly because I like Arthurian legends, and it is fun to see some of that hitting the mainstream. Plus I love fantasy stories. :) I have a few issues with what they've done with the myths (like Morgan and Arthur not actually being related, Merlin being younger than Arthur -- how on earth could Arthur have even been conceived without Merlin's help?), but then again everyone has their own take on the stories, so I let that slide. I also don't really like how few characters there are in each episode (usually only three are important in each story) and how similar every story is, but overall I like it a lot. I am interested to see how/if they develop the storyline with Arthur becoming king and founding the roundtable.
A_S

Postby Grania » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 am

Yes, my Mum thought it was really odd how they've twisted the original legend, especially when some of the knights who are Round Table knights in the legend being killed in some of these episodes. I do like the different takes though - particularly as it looks like we're seeing Arthur, not as the legend has him, but as a rather arrogant youth, but he's changing into the king in the legend. I love Uther as well, really well played :) Gius too, a really nice idea.

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Luned » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 pm

I haven't seen this series but from what you say it sounds really interesting! (I wonder whether it will be shown here at all, oh well :roll: ) It's funny how they shuffle the Arthurian characters, I mean, there are some that are always good/bad, but when it comes to Morgana, Morgause or the Lady of the Lake you never know what to expect ;) and the idea that Merlin is younger than Arthur sounds rather unusual, too.
Don't worry, Grania, if this is the right website http://www.bbc.co.uk/merlin/# , it looks like Series Two starts on Saturday, 19th September on BBC One.

In my case, it is Star Trek TNG, again :roll: no idea why...
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:00 pm

That's the one. If you get a chance to see in Luned, give it a try, I think you'd enjoy it. It's made as a family series, aired in the early evening over here, so it's quite mild, and good fun :)

Star Trek TNG? Don't get me started :lol: What's caught you?

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Angoid » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:16 pm

StarTrek Voyager :D

Now, will that get you started, G? :mrgreen:
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Grania » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:23 pm

I do still like Voyager, but I have to admit my current preference is more towards TNG, not sure why. There are some episodes of voyager that can still get me though :lol:

edit

currently suffering a serious relapse in my addiction to Judge John Deed...just seen a really brilliant episode :D Anyone else?

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Eternal_Silence » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm addicted to French music. It's funny, as I never really liked songs that are sung in French, but now I keep discovering new French artists that I like a lot ^^. And they generally have quite creative videos, I always like that too :).
And to the song 'Daniel' by 'Bat for Lashes', really addictive.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby dids » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Eternal_Silence wrote:I'm addicted to French music. It's funny, as I never really liked songs that are sung in French, but now I keep discovering new French artists that I like a lot ^^.

if you want some tips... 8)
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Sure, I'm always in for some new music ^^.
I've recently discovered that I like these singers: Olivia Ruiz, Vanessa Paradis, Emily Loizeau and Marina. And of course I already know Emilie Simon too =D.
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Emilie Simon is amazing! :D
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space