The Wish Me Luck Club

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Memory of Trees » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 am

I have a horrible Advance Placement Exam today. :( And the indications are showing that no one in my class is going to do well. :x

Wish me luck though. 8)
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby cantilena91 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Awww you, I'm sure you will survive and do well enough, you just have to rely on your knowledge and do your best that's all!! All the best of luck anyway ((((((((((((((((((((((MoT))))))))))))))))))))!!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Best of luck! All you can do is your best. If it's any help a class of mine once got the most appauling results in a mock exam, but when it came to the real thing we didn't do that badly at all :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Anya » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm

I hope everything goes well with your exam.
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Fri May 01, 2009 10:36 am

ok, I do need some luck, that's for sure.

The dutch final exams are starting at May 18th and there are three exams I really fear for: the maths exams, the physics exam and the chemistry exam. The problem really is that I cannot fail these exams because that would mean I cannot graduate. The thing though is that only had one pass for chemistry this year and I failed all other exams for these three subjects. So you could say I lack confidence.

Beside the normal Dutch exams I will have to write two papers as an International Baccalaureate exam, for english. These exams are planned for May 4th and May 11th. I worked already hard for these exams and I'm still working hard for them, starting of course with the one that takes places this monday. But now the problem comes. I know I can possibly do these exams well, but my teacher told us paper one would be essay writing and now she e-mailed us a day ago to tell us she was mistaken, essay writing is paper two and comparative commentry is one instead. I not particularly happy with that since she had promised us to take a look at our example comparative commentaries after we sat the essay writing exam, but now that's not possible which means we go there hardly prepared because my teacher hardly spend time explaining us what we are exactly supposed to do.
Well I guess the main point is that I definetely don't want to fail my exams. The IB exam is, when it comes to that, not as important as the maths, chemistry and physics exams. So wish me luck. I really want to pass these exams and then tear my schoolbooks into small parts so that I never will have to do horrible subjects like that again.
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Fri May 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Aww I hope everything will go well, Niamh! If it's any comfort: I didn't pass any math exam (except maybe one or 2 with not much higher than a 5.5?) since 3rd grade and still I graduated! :mrgreen: And you can't be worse with maths and such subjects than me, so I'm sure you'll make it!!
As for the other two exams, I'm not entirely sure what those are, as I've never heard of them before, but you know you can write English well and according to the speaking contests you have participated in, I doubt you will have problems with commenting on texts ^^. Good luck and fingers crossed!
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Fri May 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Let exam season begin! I have five big ones (Advanced Placement exams, which the US people will be familiar with) coming up these next two weeks as well. French, Calculus, English, European History, and Physics. The French, Calc, and Physics matter most. These exams affect what courses I take next year at university, but don't have any bearing on whether or not I graduate or whether or not I have a place at Yale, so I am luckier than the Dutch forumers, I guess.

Niamh, I am sure that you are doing everything that you can to do well on these exams. i am sure that you can do it. You are smart. Your speech and essay competition victories over the years are proof of that. And I am sure that you are capable of applying that inherent intelligence to math and chemistry and physics. As for English, you are fantastic at that. Don't worry too much. If you are nervous about the actual tasks on the exam, maybe some online research could yield helpful information and pointers. Good luck! I know that you can do it!
A_S
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Fri May 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Best of luck to everyone. I've got every faith in all of you...and this isn't a general message, it is considered and still applies to you all!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby the whistleplayer » Sat May 02, 2009 10:11 am

Goodluck to all the exam takers! :)
When I did my final exams, they proved to be a lot easier than the school exams, so I hope that goes for you too, Niamh ;)
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer

Postby cantilena91 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:36 am

Wishing all the best of luck for all exam-takers of the forum! Just rely on your skills and knowledge and you'll do just fine!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Memory of Trees » Sat May 02, 2009 5:27 pm

Well, all I can say is I survived my mock AP last week, and I just took another one today! :shock: They weren't that hard, perhaps because of the fact i studied like a maniac! :P

Next week I have my Official Spanish, US History AP exams. :|
Moving to the Pagan Sound..... :)
Memory of Trees

Postby A_S » Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Memory of Trees, I took US last year and didn't find it to be too painful. As for Spanish, I'm not taking it, but my friends who are make it sound rather scary. I do French instead. Good luck! Keep up the studying! We're all in this together!
A_S

Postby Niamh » Sun May 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks a lot for the good luck wishes. I decided not to worry about the IB exams. I will simply do the exam tomorrow and make the best of it. good luck to everyone else who will have to sit exams!
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby A_S » Mon May 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Here's hoping that Niamh's test went well today!

I just finished my French AP exam a couple of hours ago. It was manageable, but still a far cry from being described as "fun". We'll see how I did in July!

And good luck to The Memory of Trees, who will be taking the AP Spanish exam tomorrow morning (I have friends at school taking this as well so I know when it is)!
A_S

Postby Dab051176 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 pm

((((((((((((((((((Everyone who has exams)))))))))))))))

I've said it before, I know, but if you think of it as a chance to show the examiner what you can do, it makes it a bit more bearable!

Don't forget there are plenty of us here to give support if you need it..... :wink:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space