Gweedore Gathering: 2006?

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Would you be interested in a Gweedore Gathering 2006?

Absolutely!!
67%
Maybe, just maybe
33%
No way!!
No votes

Total votes : 36

Postby Grania » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:46 pm

I understand what everyone is getting at...but, well, I'm the kind of person who, when in a situation like that likes to stick with people. I guess I just like to make the most of the time, I'm not sure. Maybe I don't do enough interesting things with other people :)

I'm happy with anything really.
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Angoid » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:18 pm

Although I did spend some time alone this time, I prefer on this type of holiday to be with people as you've got others to enjoy your experiences with ... perhaps a lovely view, a pleasant place, a meal at Leo's or whatever.

I could lay on a hot sunny beach reading a book and listening to music by myself until the cows come home, but if I'm going to be out and about I much prefer company.

But everybody is different: some need more space than others. Some will want to create their own space each day or for a whole day while others will want to be part of a group for all/most of the time.

Each person needs to make their needs known: if someone wants to be alone at any point then they need to just say so rather than just withdraw as that'll only cause others to be unduly concerned when there may be nothing to be worried about.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby lizzy1e » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:32 pm

I would love to, but most likely it will be another 2 years before I could afford it again... we'll see. :) I liked spending some time as a group and having some time to run about Bunbeg etc on my own - personally I got a good balance of both, but maybe that's because I explored Dublin and Galway alone beforehand.

Next time we have to order in Gaelic at Leo's! :mrgreen:
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Keara » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:57 pm

Aw, it bites being 14. :cry: I'd SO love to go to Ireland, and with you guys even more. But, my money and parents would never allow it.

At least I have you guys here, and that's a great thing! :wink:

Stephanie
Keara
Enthusiastic Member

Postby wonky_eggs » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:55 pm

Keara wrote:Aw, it bites being 14. :cry: I'd SO love to go to Ireland, and with you guys even more. But, my money and parents would never allow it.

At least I have you guys here, and that's a great thing! :wink:

Stephanie

Maybe you can come along for Gweedore Gathering 2010 - there's bound to be more! :)
wonky_eggs

Postby stephw » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 pm

I am hoping that this becomes an annual event. I want to take a trip after I complete my master's degree in 2007 or 2008.

Stephanie
stephw
Enthusiastic Member

Postby beth2 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:20 pm

:( my mam says i could go next time :lol:

beth2
beth2

Postby Beth » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:17 pm

I voted yes that I would be intrested in going... then I went on holiday without saying anything LOL

I would most definatly love to go. If I can't go for the 2006 pilgrimage, then I will make it to the 2007 one.... (G!!!!!)

I am a happy go lucky person when it comes to being in groups. In fact, I would rather have someone with me the entire time than to be alone. I am just that way... plus it is safer. There are a few things in Ireland that I do for a 100% fact want to see when I go but those can be worked out and I have a feeling that we would be very near those places anyway.

We'll just have to wait and see. :wink:
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:42 pm

I would love to go, but i have to persuade my parents first... :roll: If I beg them I'm sure I'll manage persuading them i hope :mrgreen:

Marlies
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:32 pm

Am I coming up in there again Beth? If you're there - I'll join you!!!!! Afterall, don't we have some plans? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Beth » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:38 pm

Grania wrote:Am I coming up in there again Beth? If you're there - I'll join you!!!!! Afterall, don't we have some plans? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm... Mum and Dad say I can go....Now all I have to do is ask G when we're going :mrgreen:

*Feels some bouncing coming on!! LOL*
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Well Beth, if my more recent plans come into play then you can come and see me almost anytime a few years from now - someone suggested I try university in Ireland.............. :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Lynette » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:40 am

I'm extremely interested in the trip...want to visit there so badly...it'll all depend on the financial situation at the time...but I'd love to be a part of it.
Lynette
Addicted to Moya

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:37 pm

Maybe I should start saving up and planning now! :D :D

H.E.N wrote:Ever since '96 I am a great fan of Iona, their music celebrates the history of Celtic Christianity and the nature of Ireland and Schotland.

Wow! I love progressive rock, but especially Iona! :mrgreen:

Do you also like Kansas? Their song Distant Vision (from the Somewhere to Elsewhere album) leaves me wondering if they had been listening to their Iona albums when they came up with it. It is certainly about Celtic Christianity, and almost certainly about St. Patrick. If you PM me your e-mail address, I will try to make an MP3 of it for you, but it may be poor quality because it's about 9 minutes long.
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/894/index.php

Dieu de service, et Dieu seulement.
Jim
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Hester » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:43 pm

hey Jim!

Cool that you're an Iona fan as well! No, I do not know Kansas....if they are sort of inspired by Iona, I'd love to hear that song!!!
Thanks

Hester
Love takes off the mask we fear we cannot live without an know we cannot live within - James Baldwin
Hester
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space