The Unhappy hill :/

Your platform. Get to know each other (but don't forget about us!)

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Eternal_Tears_of_Sorrow » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:54 pm

haha, yes the weather here is very hot too! 33 degrees! but i don't like it that much :? i get crancy quickely, but ah well, we don't have such weather in holland very often, so actually, i don't have have to complain :P
Leaders are guilty of nothing,
they're perfectly insane
but if they'd point the finger at themselves,
who would be left to blame?
Eternal_Tears_of_Sorrow
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Beth » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:28 am

My first time posting in this thread.... I wish I didn't have to though :cry:

I won't say what forum this happened on, some people already know what forum though. But someone is starting some REALLY bad rumours about me in the chats and MSNing all of my friends on that forum and telling them that I have done things that I have NEVER in my life done. It just gets me really down because yesterday, one friend was having a bad day and then went into 'chat' and was talking to another person who I thought was a friend and ex-friend started really bashing friend #1 and telling him some stuff that should not have been said. Ex-friend seemed so proud of what he said to friend #1. Ex-friend got on MSN and told me what he said to friend #1 and asked me what I thought and I stood up for friend #1 and Ex-friend started calling me some pretty bad names because of me saying that he was wrong in what he said.

So I get on MSN today and have a really good friend of mine tell me that there is another person on the forum (which I wouldn't even call that person a member b/c she never posts. Not to be mean to anyone here, i am just really down and things are sounding better in my head than they are on the screen) that is sayig even worse things about me on MSN. The problem with that is that I have never talked to this person in my life.

I never give my Web stuff out to anyone. Not MSN addys, not emiail, Yahoo, not my website... nothing until I get to know the person(s) better. Well, I got to know Ex-friend pretty well in the Chat over at that forum so I gave him my MSN addy and we were talking about websites and I gave him that too. And tonight, he was giving both of those out to anyone who came into the chat room.

It bothers me a bit though that I am scared to tell the Mods at the forum because I lost my temper with Ex-friend when he was calling me some of the names that he was calling me and I told him where to go and to leave me alone (though not in so nice words) and I am scared that if I tell the Mods at the other forum, I am going to get into trouble also for the language as well.

I really love going on that forum and would hate not to be a part of what is going on over there but the only other thing I can think of to do is to stay away for a few days. But who is to say that these 2 people that are coming up with these rumours won't either post it all over the forum, in their own profiles or even on the web.

Well, thanks for listening, whoever reads this. It helps a little bit that I have friends like you all here who wouldn't do stuff like this, no matter how mad another member makes you. And that has to count for something.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:08 am

I'm really really sorry to hear that :( LizzyRyan - I don't know why these people just can't choose to get along with each other and leave the gossipping out. It really sucks, is totally unnecessary, and only upsets people.

I always think when it comes to posting on forums or chatting on messenger programs that it needs to be kept fun, clean, and real:

Fun: We're here in our non-work / non-school / non-college time because we want to be here. Being slagged off is not fun IMHO! People who derive pleasure from upsetting others need to go and get a life.

Clean: It doesn't take much to realise what I'm referring to here! Suffice it to say that if anyone was to start wanting to talk about anything inappropriate, whether on the forum, MSN, or elsewhere, then I just cut them off there and then.

Real: We touched on this briefly in another thread. People can be as open or as anonymous as they lilke, but I do like to know that what people say about themselves is at least true, regardless of how sketchy or incomplete that info is.

When I first downloaded MSN, I had someone (on this forum) fire up a chat to me and accuse me of something I never did and would never do. To say I was mortified would be Understatement of the Century.

Unfortunately, I sense this person had been gossipping unfounded, unproven, malicious, mendacious rumours about me, and as a result I KNOW that there are certain people here who are avoiding me. I can't prove anything for certain, but you know when you can just sense that something isn't right. Please don't try to fish for names!

However, there are also some very good people here which is why I've stayed around, both on here and MSN, even though there are times I do seriously question whether it's worthwhile.

And like you LizzyRyan, I know this is not a great thread to post into regularly, but sometimes we do need to vent a little ...
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Victoire » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:57 am

Oh great...Looks like I'm going to be a regular posting in this thread as I always have something bad going on with me....

On this other forum I'm a member of(Trapped Minds), two members are giving me a very bad time and trashing me and saying that my likes in music are very dumb...And that was b/c of my signature that i had under my post...It had several song lyrics from Evanescence...A couple from Avril Lavigne and one from Ace of Base, and I don't think I am wanted there anymore...It used to be a safe haven fer me when I got so depressed and down and I needed a vent and a hug...Now I'm feeling more hopeless... :cry: :(
Victoire

I have nothing to hide
Nothing to show
I have now lived
Through it all
And then some.
Victoire

Postby Beth » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:22 am

Awwwww.......

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Victore)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know what you are going through. I had something similar happen to me not too long ago...... and now I have another forum acting up.... there are times that I wonder if it is all me.. why do people not like me sometimes, and then I come on to here while popping in a Clannad or Moya cd and then talk to Ness, G or Lyn (any any other of you Moya Nuts that I am too tired to remember LOL) and see how much fun they can have with the simplest things (ie... the Pet Rock signed by Moya LOL). I do hope that everything starts to work out for you soon and if you ever need to talk, just give me a hollar!!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:37 am

You've got my sympathies there as well Victoire .... I can never see why anybody would want to trash you for liking the music you like.

Sure, everyone has a right to dislike what another person likes, but that does not give them the right to trash you. It's just plain silly and wrong!

With a name like "Trapped Minds", it sounds as if some of those members you refer to have indeed got trapped minds :roll:
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Eternal_Tears_of_Sorrow » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:29 pm

Trash somebody for the music they like is very dumb indeed.
I really don't understand why somebody should do that? :?
i always want to try and listen something new, if i don't like it, bummer then.
Leaders are guilty of nothing,
they're perfectly insane
but if they'd point the finger at themselves,
who would be left to blame?
Eternal_Tears_of_Sorrow
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Keara » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:47 am

What has me frustrated...? Hmm...

Well, my sister's been going out with this guy Mario. A real sweety and all, but I don't think he truly loves her.
He sometimes doesn't call her when he says he will, and he never calls unless she asks him to. I mean, if you truly love someone, have the dignity to call them! :| That got a bit of a load off.

Stephanie.
Keara
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Ardens » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:27 am

Arrg! There's also something frustrating me at the moment. When I was in Ireland some weeks ago (unfortunately not in Donegal), I took many pictures of the beautiful Irish landscape. And when I was back at home, I was looking forward to see the photos very much. So I went to the supermarket to take the developed photos. The first bag I got was OK. Then I looked into the second bag: Cats, people in a swimming pool, holiday pics of Venice... . These weren't my photos! :shock:
I told the shop assistent about the confusion and she called for another assistent. They looked into the bag again, but both photos and negatives were wrong. They promised me that they would send the mixed-up photos back to the lab with a note of what had happened. The shop assistent asked me what I had photographed and I told him that it had been holiday pics from Ireland. He wrote something down and asked me whether there was an "h" in Ireland. :shock: "Ihreland"???
The assistents didn't really believe that I would ever get my pictures back, and suddenly I didn't believe it, either :x . Today, I'll go to the supermarket again and ask for the photos. But I doubt that they'll be there :cry: .
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Eternal_Silence » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:57 pm

Aww that sucks a lot! :( I really hope for you that you'll get to see your pictures again.

Marlies
The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Postby Irulan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:29 pm

Ardens wrote:Arrg! There's also something frustrating me at the moment. When I was in Ireland some weeks ago (unfortunately not in Donegal), I took many pictures of the beautiful Irish landscape. And when I was back at home, I was looking forward to see the photos very much. So I went to the supermarket to take the developed photos. The first bag I got was OK. Then I looked into the second bag: Cats, people in a swimming pool, holiday pics of Venice... . These weren't my photos! :shock:
I told the shop assistent about the confusion and she called for another assistent. They looked into the bag again, but both photos and negatives were wrong. They promised me that they would send the mixed-up photos back to the lab with a note of what had happened. The shop assistent asked me what I had photographed and I told him that it had been holiday pics from Ireland. He wrote something down and asked me whether there was an "h" in Ireland. :shock: "Ihreland"???
The assistents didn't really believe that I would ever get my pictures back, and suddenly I didn't believe it, either :x . Today, I'll go to the supermarket again and ask for the photos. But I doubt that they'll be there :cry: .

Oh my God! I wish you could get your pictures back soon!
Our nation's built from the same rock, not the sand
Oh Lord, You can heal this land
Irulan

Postby Ardens » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:14 am

I've finally got my pictures back! :P
I'm so glad that they've found them, because these photos remind me very much of the wonderful tour through Ireland. If I knew how to put pictures into Internet, I'd show you some of them :wink:
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Oh no, just realised that the World Championships in athletics are soon over (arranged in Helsinki here in Finland), but so far no medals for us Finns!!! We had so high hopes for Mr. Tero Pitkämäki yesterday evening when he took part to the Javelin final, but he finished ONLY 4th!! :(

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

Postby Lady Ryu » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:19 am

poor suvi
it's the same with the swiss there too. not that i believed they could possibly win a medal. but i hoped that andré bucher would enter the final in 800 m. but he went out before.

but for my sister in law i am glad that the estonian Andrus Värnik won the javelin final. for him the games in helsinki may be quite like a play at home, as it isn't far to helsinki at all.
Matteo - always in my heart

Never ever I wished so much that heaven truly exists, and that you are waiting there for me.
Lady Ryu
Addicted to Moya

Postby cantilena91 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:02 am

but for my sister in law i am glad that the estonian Andrus Värnik won the javelin final. for him the games in helsinki may be quite like a play at home, as it isn't far to helsinki at all.

Yes, and I was also glad over this because Finland and Estonia do have the same national anthem with each other (though lyrics are different)!!!
Anyway, today it is quite a busy day for the Finnish athletes, so let's hope they could do better than others so far!

Suvi
"Your golden breath took darkness away, if I ask, You won't let me go..."
cantilena91
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Fan space