Moya at De Meerse, Hoofddorp

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Moya at De Meerse, Hoofddorp

Postby Dab051176 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, my first Dutch concert has come and gone, and I really hope it's not my last! :D

I arrived late on Wednesday evening, and checked into my hotel near Schiphol Airport. On Thursday, I spent the day in Amsterdam, first at the Heineken Experience (Guinness in Dublin, Heineken in Amsterdam - that's fair enough isn't it?! :P), then on a canal trip around the city. For those who have never been, it's well worth it. Although the traffic is like any other city (!), the architecture and the history is worth it - even for a philistine like me!!!!

Then came the main event.....

The setlist was the same as Middelburg, so I won't post it again, but was in a slightly different order in places. For those who are wondering about the changes to the setlist, Moya said that, because Clannad are going to be touring again soon (especially in the US), she didn't think it right to use the same material in solo concerts as well. Not that I was complaining, it was nice to hear such a varied set!

After the gig, Moya, Cormac and Sinéad came out to talk to people. As ever, this was great fun, and as it was the last night of the tour, they had plenty of stories to tell about what they'd got up to in the previous fortnight! :wink:

Next stop for me will be the Voices and Harps workshop in June - @G - 7 weeks 6 days and counting.... :wink::mrgreen:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Re: Moya at De Meerse, Hoofddorp

Postby Susann » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Dave, that's nice that you enjoyed Amsterdam and the concert. :) :) :)

I was at the concert in Leeuwarden on Wednesday (at the end of the week I will also write a little report). I asked Moya the same question about the setlist and especially about the different arrangements of the songs. It was much quieter than before but I liked it very much :D . And Moya answered the same - she wanted to have a difference to the Clannad concerts.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)
Susann
Enthusiastic Member

Return to Moya live