Moya & Friends in Dun Laoghaire

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

Postby Yvonne » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Dave and Dubhy, thank you very much for your replies :D ! And also many thanks for posting the tracklist, Dubhy!

Wow, it is the remastered version of My Match is a Makin' . Two new tracks are definitely something to look forward to! :D I wonder if one of them is from the soundtrack To End All Wars, like Mo Mhian. Are they new songs or traditional songs like most of the others? I am a bit surprised that Mo Mhian is missing from the tracklist, it is my favourite song from the album. May be it will be on the "definite" version.

Dave, I will certainly take a very good look at the merchandise stand at the Dutch concerts but I will be going to 2 concerts at the end of the tour so if there are only 100 copies I am sure that they will all be gone by then. I am glad though that you both were able to get one. It is very special to have such a limited edition and signed as well :D ! And what's this about you being Dutch :mrgreen: ?

I was googling Voices and Harps and I found this website: http://www.voicesandharps.com/ Very interesting, I think! I will also post the link on the general page! :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks for posting the link Yvonne,googling for Voices & Harps hadn't crossed my mind at all. :D
I've included the link on my website and last but not least,we know now when the remastered CD will be released. :wink:
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Yvonne wrote:And what's this about you being Dutch :mrgreen: ?

At the gig on Friday, between songs, Moya told everyone that "not only do I have friends with me on stage, I also have friends in the front row of the audience - Piotr from Poland, and David from Holland!!!". Bless her, I think she had a "brain storm" (and to be fair, it was quite a sweet thing to do!).

Sinéad came to me afterwards and said "So, when did you become Dutch then?" :P
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Yvonne » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:59 pm

That's really very nice :D and well, there are worse things than being Dutch :mrgreen:

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Dab051176 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Yes, after the rugby result yesterday, I suspect the worst place you can hail from in Irish eyes at the moment is Wales, so perhaps Moya unwittingly did me a favour!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Dave,I was actually hoping that Scotland would do Wales a favour today,but they didn't get there in the end.A Scottish win today combined an Irish win next week would almost certainly have given Wales the title. :D
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi ppl. Sorry for so my late response. I have a limited internet access here in Ireland this time. It was really sweet of Moya what she said to the audience. I wasn't sure what I heard, Dave. David from Holland;) Interesting mix of words. She wanted to save the words and thanked you guys together :) Thanks Bart for the photos. I liked Ian Parker version of Buachaill on Eirne. It was amazing and to see other Irish artists on stage with whom Moya cooperated before. I mean Hazel O'Connor and Maire Breatnach.... Susann I wished I knew you were here in Dublin. I was at the Parade. I had a day off. I just came back from Gweedore. I said hello to Bried and also to Leo and Baba. It was a great time... Pierre, Moya wants to repeat Christmas Tour in Poland ;) so take warm gloves and come again
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby PierreC » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:56 am

You know Piotr im sooo easy to convince ! :lol:

But look at my travelling schedule; departing this wednesday for 12 nights trip in Holland, then ill catch Moya in Dublin, Ohio and Milwaukee, Wi this summer.

This is a heavy schedule :oops:

But you never know...i fell in love with your country ! :wink:
PierreC
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Piotr Cú Chulainn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 am

Lucky man:) This was really cold winter even in Ireland
"Follow your dreams"
Piotr Cú Chulainn
Enthusiastic Member

Previous

Return to Moya live