Moya in an empty venue (empty of chairs, I mean!)

Memories of shows, dreams of shows to come

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

If Moya/Clannad would give a concert without chairs in the room, would you get up and dance?

Oh yes, definitely!!
75%
What?! get up and dance? Me? oh no definitely not I would feel so awkward
25%

Total votes : 28

Postby Siobhan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Hester wrote:
koseklumpen wrote: But I have to say that not all of Moya's/Clannad's songs are suitable for dancing... I can imagine that it would be really strange to stand in a crowded room when listening to Perfect time, black night or Oro.
Completely agree that not all music is suitable for (enthousiastic) dancing...but one could even move on beautiful slow ballads :D

Exactly! One of the songs I danced to was "I will find you"...
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:58 am

It doesn't matter how well you dance, but how much fun you have doing it. I'm all for a non-seated venue, it would be great to dance to some of the songs and in Glasgow I really had to restrain myself a couple of times because I just got carried away. I understand that there are a lof people at Moya's concerts who might not want to dance or just won't manage to stand in a huge crowd for two hours, but there should at least be the possibility to dance at the side or so, for those who want to.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Re: Moya in an empty venue (empty of chairs, I mean!)

Postby Kate » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:08 am

Hester wrote:Allright, this should not be taken too seriously :lol:
But Jenny's post in the Glasgow topic gave me the idea :wink:
Whenever I am at one of the concerts I just can't sit still and I'd love to see what happens when Moya and Co. (or Moya and Clan. :lol: ) would perform in a venue without chairs. Would the atmosphere be really awkward or do we get such a party that the roof will be blown of?! Curious to read your thoughts!

Oh Hester, I would definitely be dancing! :P and on the slower songs...totally mesmerized and probably floating in air.

In fact, my legs would probably cramp up sitting in a chair. They prefer movement. :lol:
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Paul K. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 pm

I've seen some people dancing when Moya was playing at Brosella Festival in Brussels.
Paul K.
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Eternal_Silence » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:22 pm

Of course =) It's what you do at a concert with no seats right. Moya is actually the only artist I see who has chairs :mrgreen:

The turn of the day, when all music fools come out to play until the drunk turn of night.
http://www.singingriver.deviantart.com
Eternal_Silence
Addicted to Moya

Previous

Return to Moya live