Page 6 of 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:35 pm
by hermeyjdi
Killiney wrote:
hermeyjdi wrote:It is so good. After my Mom and I traveled to Holland to see Moya, I had her read it and she also really enjoyed it.


hmmmmm. Anticipation isn't always best for me.


I know what you mean!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 pm
by Killiney
hermeyjdi wrote:
Killiney wrote:
hermeyjdi wrote:It is so good. After my Mom and I traveled to Holland to see Moya, I had her read it and she also really enjoyed it.


hmmmmm. Anticipation isn't always best for me.


I know what you mean!!! :oops:


Seriously, you don't.

If I'm awaiting something, I'm not sure whether I actually want to wait for it incase I'm disappointed, or I have long since forgotten about it, that it would be nice to see something different in it, in a sense. Like films based on books, I've forgotten about the books, so I can't wait to see what they come up with in the film, and it gets me thinking about how wondeful the book was.

I know, I'm crazy :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:36 pm
by Luned
Actually, the name 'Clannad' emerged as a shortened version of "Clann As Dobhair", which means 'a family from Dore'. And let me recommend the book to you as well. It's a great read! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:38 am
by hermeyjdi
Killiney you should also read Moya's book Landscapes Of God's Peace if you have not already read it. Check out this link: http://www.amazon.com/God-Peace-Maire-B ... 471&sr=1-2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:41 am
by Killiney
Luned wrote:Actually, the name 'Clannad' emerged as a shortened version of "Clann As Dobhair", which means 'a family from Dore'. And let me recommend the book to you as well. It's a great read! :D


Weren't they from Gaoith Dobhair, and not just 'Dobhair'?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:24 pm
by Grania
It's the same thing - Gweedore and Dore, sometimes people just say 'dore' instead. It's over quite a large area.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:28 pm
by Killiney
Grania wrote:It's the same thing - Gweedore and Dore, sometimes people just say 'dore' instead. It's over quite a large area.


I knew that Gweedore was really spread out, but I didn't think it covered a huge area though