So, it's Farewell to Clannad.... :'(

News, Nostalgia, etc.

Moderators: wonky_eggs, mise, Grania, Banba Óir, All Moderators

So, it's Farewell to Clannad.... :'(

Postby Phantas » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Dunno if anyone's left here to read this, but, either way, here goes.

So I was browsing Facebook these past few days and suddenly a post floated by saying Clannad is doing a FAREWELL tour next year. Is this final? I.e. They are not regrouping and making new music anymore?

Not that I blame them - I can easily see that they can put an end to the 50+ years career they've had, what with Leo passing ánd one of the Duggans as well in a short time.

Especially one of the Duggans falling away would be a cut into the family band ánd in its distinctive sound.

Thoughts?
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Re: So, it's Farewell to Clannad.... :'(

Postby Peter Pan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:04 pm

Hey - I saw Moya in Tulsa last month and she implied it may sort of a last hurrah as well.

I was hopeful with Aisling and a Paul joining in it would keep them going. They were all great at Leo's 50th.

Well surely they'll staying in touch with the music in some form.
Peter Pan

Postby Phantas » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:55 am

Agreed - I haven't been to a Moya concert in a long while but this news caught me a bit by surprise and it made me a bit sad. They've pretty much been a part of my life through their music... from a young age I was exposed to it and it never ceased from then. So... will Nadur be their last album or is there ONE last album in the works? I seem to remember they were working on one ...
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed May 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Totally understandable, but sad nevertheless :(
Deffo hope they are working on a final album, but tbh I've been out of touch recently. I did see the Farewell Tour post float by on Facebook as well, though.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Return to Clannad