Moya on new Ashley Davis album

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Moya on new Ashley Davis album

Postby Yvonne » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 am

Hello everyone,

On Ed's page there is some exciting news again. Moya is on the new Ashley Davis album. They sing a duet called "Beside You Near" .There is a link to listen to the song and it is absolutely stunning, I think. Their voices are wonderful together and I love that the harp is very prominent in the song. Very very beautiful. Thanks again Ed, for posting the info! :D :D :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Moya on new Ashley Davis album

Postby Banba Óir » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Yvonne,

you're absolutely right, it is a stunning song, beautiful voices and the harp together. Strange that there's another song ("With You Tonight" with Eileen Ivers) chosen as a singletrack of the album. Ok, that one is not bad at all, but it's not Moya :D Listen to "Beside You Near" at http://www.daisyrings.com/home.html and choose track 6 at the preview tracks.
Oh, and all credits to Robbie for the tip :)

regards :wink:
Ed
webmaster of the Clannad Newsblog at www.clannad.nl
Banba Óir

Postby Yvonne » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am

Hi Ed,

I agree with you about the single, not a bad song, but not so outstanding as the song with Moya. Of course we are a bit prejudiced :mrgreen: but it truly is a very beautiful and special song :D . I am amazed that I am so moved by this song. Somehow it touches me in a very deep way. It is very romantic and haunting, really lovely, there is just nothing about this song that is not beautiful in my opinion.

I don't expect that the album will be released in the Netherlands so I will have to order it somewhere abroad. I haven't seen it available for pre-order yet anywhere, but it is still early of course. Great that we are able to listen to the whole song already and not just a sample! :D

Love,

Yvonne
"Let Your Love surround me. Light my heart to carry on"
Yvonne
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dids » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:32 am

thanks for sharing; have to wait for the new album now... ;)

I have found out that Moya has already sung on the song This I Do (album Down by the Sea) from Ashley Davis; I listened to a sample on CD baby but I could not hear Moya on it...
The real goal should be to permanently progress, to be better than yourself rather than being better than others (Albert Jacquard).
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Return to General