Youtube videos

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Macha » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Sorry, G, my fault. I didn't look for that. :oops: Where should we post videos from other artists? Is there still another topic anywhere on the forum?
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:44 pm

I know we did have another topic, to be honest I'm not sure if it is still around. I only asked because the 'General' forum might be best kept for things relating to Moya.

Thanks
G
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:10 pm

If anyone missed Cormac's recent interview with Moya, or if you want to see it again, it's now posted on YouTube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYXcG96aWg

It's also handy if (like me) you struggle to make sense of the links in Gaelige on the TG4 website! :wink:

Enjoy, and Happy Christmas!
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Dubhy63 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks for posting the link Dave,I've seen the program,but it's another great piece for my 'archives' . :)
* No man ever wore a scarf as warm as his daughter’s arm around his neck.*
Dubhy63
Addicted to Moya

Postby kevinkells » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks for that utube interview Dab051176. It was interesting watching Moya speaking in her native tongue so fluently, and in such a natural way... this language is struggling to survive isn't it?
kevinkells
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Luned » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:21 am

Nice interview! Thanks for posting the link, Dave! :) and yes, it's always great to listen to Moya speaking Gaelic :D
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:03 pm

For those of you who might have missed it, someone has put 'Pill a Run O' which Moya performed with Cormac and Sinead on Cormac's TG4 show on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHI_4MJxnI

Unfortunately the interview doesn't appear to be with it, but it's still good :)

EDIT

I stand corrected! I've found the interview!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYXcG96aWg

:D

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Dab051176 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Just found this on YouTube - when I saw it, there was only one view, so it must have only just been put there.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeUr3YIgv8w

Moya singing "Whisper to the Wild Water" from Polish TV.

Unless you speak Polish, skip the first 1 minutes 30ish (unless our Polish forummers could give us a rough translation....hint, hint!!!), as you can only hear the TV presenter - then indulge..... :mrgreen:
Dave

From Wales...via Birmingham!!!!
Dab051176
Addicted to Moya

Postby Anya » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Thanks for the link Dave.
Anything is possible, if you believe.
Anya
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Dab051176 wrote:Just found this on YouTube - when I saw it, there was only one view, so it must have only just been put there.....

Unless you speak Polish, skip the first 1 minutes 30ish (unless our Polish forummers could give us a rough translation....hint, hint!!!), as you can only hear the TV presenter - then indulge..... :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: :shock: oh my goodness... it's online!!! Dave, you've just made my day :D THANK YOU!!! aww, those memories...
It's Moya's first appearance in Poland, at Sopot Festival in 2000 during the World Music Day - Moya sang three songs: Whisper to the Wild Water, I Will Find You and, if I remember correctly, Follow The Word. And there is one forum member dancing in the audience out there :mrgreen: 8)

ok, so hint taken :mrgreen:
"... the band together with her two brothers and two uncles. First they performed in a pub belonging to their father, Leo Brennan, thus continuing the musical tradition in their family. By the way, Clannad in Gaelic means 'family', 'clan'. Well, almost 15 million cds sold worldwide, in 1999 their latest album, Landmarks, won the Grammy Award. In the meantime, for the last eight years Moya has been pursuing her solo career, and it's not, as I could read in some newspapers, that since 1992 she's been solely a solo artist and that she no longer sings with Clannad. No, she's still been recording with Clannad along with recording her solo albums, of which she's recorded four. The fourth was released in the early summer this year, though it seems that the most cherished one is that from 1998, which found its way to the top selling New Age albums. She's performed with Bruce Hornsby, Paul Young, Shane McGowan of the Pogues and with the wonderful Blue Nile. Tonight, I'd say, it's an honour both to us and to herself that she will perform in front of the Polish audience at Sopot Festival 2000 and this is going to be a taste of real Ireland. Ladies and gentlemen, Moya Brennan!"

OK... this might sound a bit akward and rather chaotic... anyway, I must say that the presenter doesn't belong to my favourite ones, but at least he learnt how to pronounce Moya's name correctly :mrgreen: There's a bit missing at the very beginning. I can check it against my VHS recording tomorrow.
aww, and those parts of the Perfect Time video - I didn't even know what I was looking at :roll:
Last edited by Luned on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luned
Addicted to Moya

Postby Siobhan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:41 pm

DAVE!!! You`re a STAR, a HERO! :D

Luned wrote:OK... this might sound a bit akward and rather chaotic... anyway, I must say that the presenter doesn't belong to my favourite ones,

Euphemistically speaking. He`s an eeejit!!

Luned wrote:but at least he learnt how to pronounce Moya's name correctly :mrgreen:

Kind of. :x But he didn`t have enough time to learn how to pronounce Shane`s name.

Luned wrote:aww, and those parts of the Perfect Time video - I didn't even know what I was looking at :roll:

I knew - and I was like "WHERE DID THEY TAKE IT FROM??" :lol:

Some said forum member was indeed dancing in the audience, with orange, white and green baloons in her hand. Don`t ask. :lol:
I`ll just say watch out for Moya smiling during her performance... And watch out for some screams too. Said member of the forum heard later "Oh, I saw you dancing!" :lol:
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Dab051176 wrote:Just found this on YouTube - when I saw it, there was only one view, so it must have only just been put there.....

Thanks for posting this link! I like this song very much and it's wonderful to hear a live version of it. I hope that Moya will perform songs of this album on stage again one day. :)
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Cool 8) I haven't ever seen live video of Moya's solo work from that period, brilliant stuff, it's a shame it doesn't go on just a little bit longer!

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Siobhan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 pm

It says part 1, I hope the guy will upload other parts too!! I`m dying to hear "Follow the word" again...
And so - this is where I should be now
Days and nights falling by...
Siobhan
Addicted to Moya

Postby Luned » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:46 pm

I'd love to watch Moya introducing I Will Find You :mrgreen: i hope the other parts will follow soon, according the information box the video was uploaded on Sunday, so it's pretty fresh ;)
Luned
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to General