Music

Discuss anything about Moya and her music

Moderator: All Moderators

How many hours a day do you listen to music?

1 or 2 Hour's
17%
3 or 4 Hours
45%
5 or 6 Hour's
38%

Total votes : 60

Postby Methica » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:20 pm

Glad I found this topic again!! I now listen a lot to music, I think seriously more then 8 hours or so!!
But still, that realxing so I don't mind ;)
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Beldaran » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:39 am

I listen to music nearly all day! :D
6 hours are not enough really.

I cannot live without music, I just need it around me. I listen to music at work all the time and when I get home the first thing I do is turn on my Cd-Player and listen to chillout music. Or I turn on the TV, where a lot of music's played, as well.

Well, I thought of that you can sort of split this topic, split the thought of it. As you can either just have music played in the backround or really listen to music (Sorry if that's been posted before and I haven't seen it). Concerning having it played in the backround there are more than 6 hours of being surrounded by music for me, as I've explained above. But when it comes to listen to music and feel the emotion and think about the lyric it's definitely less. All in all maybe 1-2 hours a day for me.
A child is love made visible...
Beldaran

Postby Jvan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Beldaran wrote:I listen to music nearly all day! :D

I cannot live without music, I just need it around me. I listen to music at work all the time and when I get home the first thing I do is turn on my Cd-Player and listen to chillout music. Or I turn on the TV, where a lot of music's played, as well.

I do know what you mean... I also wouldn't be able to live without music, it is my source of happiness and emotions :D
Image Image Image
Jvan
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby pietree » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 am

Jvan wrote:
Beldaran wrote:I listen to music nearly all day! :D

I do know what you mean... I also wouldn't be able to live without music, it is my source of happiness and emotions :D

Music, especially made by Clannad, Moya, Loreena Mckennitt, etc. is a very important part of my life. When I'm in a special mood I can listen to some songs a few times or just pick one album and try to feel or imagine what emotions an artist wanted to express. That's amazing how many things or emotions you can express by music.
"Forgotten is the race that no one knows"
pietree
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Beldaran » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 am

Jvan wrote:I do know what you mean... I also wouldn't be able to live without music, it is my source of happiness and emotions :D

Yeah, exactly!! :D
Music's also my source of happiness, tranquility, hope and all these positive effects it can have on you! But it is also a way for me to let emotions come up and to let them go - it's very often that I'm moved to tears (especially when listening to Enya, Moya or Clannad) and the music helps me to work things over and out. It sort of releases the tears and afterwards I feel better, cleaned so to say! :)

pietree wrote:Music, especially made by Clannad, Moya, Loreena Mckennitt, etc. is a very important part of my life. When I'm in a special mood I can listen to some songs a few times or just pick one album and try to feel or imagine what emotions an artist wanted to express. That's amazing how many things or emotions you can express by music.

Yes, it's truely amazing how many emotions you can express by music. There's a song from my favourite composer "Bach" he wrote for his second wife (I don't recall the title at the moment) and it's amzing, everytime I play it I do it differently. Sometimes more quickly and joyful and sometimes calm, slow, and in a sad way - it always depends on my mood. And thus somehow it always sounds different. :)
And I experienced that also with songs I listen to. That they sound different sometimes. There are songs which are just great and sound happy, but when you're in a really bad/sad mood they somehow suddenly sound sad, too. (I experienced that for example with "The Memory Of Trees" by Enya)
And I also do think it's really interesting to sit down and listen to a particular song and try too feel the song, try to feel what the artist wants to express! That's really sort of exiting and truely interesting to me!! :D

Love,
Belda
A child is love made visible...
Beldaran

Previous

Return to General