Do not post into this thread.....

Got a forum-game you'd like to play or a story you'd like to create or share? This is the place for it! Please do check to make sure we're not already playing the game you have in mind before starting a new thread for it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Ardens » Tue May 01, 2007 3:15 pm

I can give you a vaccum cleaner, but be careful that it doesn't create a vaccum so that your post implodes! 8)
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Tue May 01, 2007 3:42 pm

If you go to the bottom of the page ... right-hand corner, you get that list of things you can and cannot do.

One of them should say, "You can implode your posts" and it will be a link.

If it's not present, then your posts will autoimplode after an indeterminate amount of time...... :lol:
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Methica » Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Well, that doesn't appear to be here... Strange, sice I'm the one who cleanes up this thread.. LOL
Just gave myself that title... ;)
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby jpanarese » Tue May 01, 2007 9:02 pm

No no! Imploding posts are Worse than Exploding ones. Then again, well, it might be fun watching Methica try to clean up that mess. Let me find some more odds and ends to dump here!

John
That which we do in life echoes throughout eternity
jpanarese
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Methica » Wed May 02, 2007 8:14 am

Oh no, my inmploding post is creating, or has created a black hole. Hang on to your posts!!
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Ardens » Wed May 02, 2007 10:11 am

My posts are still there but I realize that some of my time has been swallowed by your black hole. Is there a way to make it spit it out again?
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 am

I have no clue about how black holes work. It might a some kind off poral, to another topic. LOL, if you look carefully then you might even find your post here somewhere on the forum :| ;)

Hahahahah
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed May 02, 2007 11:33 am

Oooohhh .... someone wants to talk about black holes, no?!?!?!?!!

Well ..... if I compress you into within your Schwarzschild Radius then you'd be totally unable to communicate with the outside world :) An Event Horizon would form, and nothing, not even light, would be able to escape :)

Time freezes up as you approach the event horizon, and everything is red-shifted.

You would essentially be crushed out of existence :lol: but anything crossing that event horizon would simply add to the mass of the spacetime singularity.

It really would be a case of, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"!
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Methica » Wed May 02, 2007 5:22 pm

Do you mean that if we cross such a horizon we would simply stop excisting?
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Wed May 02, 2007 10:56 pm

You wouldn't cease to exist (but you'd definitely be killed!) but your mass would be assimmilated into the mass of the black hole to make it more massive (i.e. weigh more, if it could be weighed).

The event horizon isn't a horizon as we know it; it's an invisible point of no return beyond which there is no escape as the speed required to escape the gravitational pull would be greater than that of light.

At the centre of the black hole is the spacetime singularity - the point where all the matter sucked in will end up - a point of zero size but infinite density.

Scary. It totally defies all laws of common sense, doesn't it?

If your feet approached a mini black hole and crossed the event horizon, the gravitational difference between your feet and head would be so great that you'd be stretched apart, a bit like being on a rack. But if it was a large black hole, you could cross the event horizon without even knowing about it - the gravitational difference would only build up as you approached the singularity itself.

But there is little to no danger of any of us suddenly becoming a black hole. The Schwazchild Radius for the earth is 9mm. This means that if you could compress the entire planet earth into a ball no more than 18mm diameter, it would become a black hole. For the Sun, the Schwazchild Radius is 3Km.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby jpanarese » Thu May 03, 2007 3:33 am

Wasn't there a "classic" movie about a black hole a long time back? Maybe, it was called, Black Hole. I think it was a Disney science fiction film, but I could be wrong. I just remember it coming out when I was about ten or so. Very ancient movie.

John
That which we do in life echoes throughout eternity
jpanarese
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Angoid » Thu May 03, 2007 6:48 am

There was a film called Black Hole, and yes, it's also very old now. Scientists still don't really know what goes on in a black hole, and as a result it's a great ground for the sci-fi writers .....

For instance, what about wormholes? Are they doorways to alternative universes? Do wormholes even exist, or are they just a figment of the sci-fi writer's imagination?
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Methica » Thu May 03, 2007 10:53 am

nk that if they would excist it would be 1: a way to explore more of the universe, but 2: very dangerous since you wouldn't know where you could end up...
What if you come to a different planet" Earth"...
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Angoid » Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 am

Or even an "anti-Earth" in a universe where everything is made of anti-matter, which we could call an anti-universe.

There would be an anti-Angoid, an anti-Methica, we'd be posting on an anti-forum about anti-Moya's music and speculating about the existence of a universe made of matter.

If anti-Methica ever comes into contact with Methica, there would be a massive explosion as the matter and anti-matter collided, releasing a lot of energy, and taking both Methica and anti-Methica out of material existence :lol:
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Methica » Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 am

Wouldn't that be freaky!! :|
Methica
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Stories