The Pirate Clan

Got a forum-game you'd like to play or a story you'd like to create or share? This is the place for it! Please do check to make sure we're not already playing the game you have in mind before starting a new thread for it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Methica » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:37 pm

Captn! Sailor Methica reports that he is ooooon board!Aargh:P
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 pm

Sailor Jasmine is also ready for the trip to Namibia. What treasure will we find there? :wink:
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:52 am

Present and accounted for cap'n!!! and quite sober :mrgreen:
*ahem* I mean, yarrrrrrrrrrr :oops: :mrgreen:

and we've plenty of tea Image
lemons :mrgreen: Image
and chocolate :wink: Image

I'm quite ready to sail...yarrrrrrrrrrrrr :mrgreen:

Sandy Image
'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple' - Jenny Joseph

**I am not a has-been - I am a will-be**
Sandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:32 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!! Wher´s our entire crue??:( :!: :?:
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:07 am

I'm reaaaaaaaaadyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! :D
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Well, here's a fraction of the crew!! Have the rest of you given up? :cry:

Tell you what, if enough of you turn up for duty, why don't we make for Clannad in Glasgow together?????? :D
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby eadgyth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 pm

Grania wrote:Tell you what, if enough of you turn up for duty, why don't we make for Clannad in Glasgow together?????? :D

Do you think we could be back from Namibia by then? It'd be a shame to miss either of the two :wink:
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Well, if we set sail now with a good wind, we could manage it I'm sure :wink: Plus, didn't you know this is a magic ship? We move extra fast!!!

Isn't it time we developed this thread into a proper forum story? Come on, let your imaginations go! I know you can all do it, I've seen it before! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Methica » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:16 pm

Grania wrote:Well, if we set sail now with a good wind, we could manage it I'm sure :wink: Plus, didn't you know this is a magic ship? We move extra fast!!!

Isn't it time we developed this thread into a proper forum story? Come on, let your imaginations go! I know you can all do it, I've seen it before! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This ship sufs on the net..:P :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :idea: :idea: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby eadgyth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm

I am on a magic ship :shock: ?! How cool is that :D !

Grania wrote:Isn't it time we developed this thread into a proper forum story? Come on, let your imaginations go!

You really shouldn't have said that, Captn G :wicked:

Okay, I actually think that we should leave the honour of starting to our captain, but I'll put in a few lines. Feel free to delete them again :oops:

"On the ocean somewhere between Scotland and Ireland there was a ship. It was a large ship, a pirate ship, part of a fleet that in its hayday had made the whole area tremble with fear. It had been there for a couple of weeks already and the uncessing winds and currents had changed its position over time, so that by now none of the crew could remember where they really were. Sun and stars were of no big help, since the sky was clouded over and apart from weather problems, the ship seemed to face several more. The most valiant Captain Granuaile had been part of a landing party some time ago and in her absence the state of the crew had deteriorated at alarming speed. Despite all her attempts to get them all back up and sailing, her calls were hardly heeded. There had been talk about going into warmer waters and sailing to Namibia, the first mate's home, and although some crewmembers where very enthusiastic about this prospect, the general reaction was rather negative, or better, not there at all.
Where were they all? What had happened to them and how could it be that a crew that was the terror of the seas would be sitting in the ship's belly and drinking rum and tea and eating chocolate and lemons?..."

Okay, someone else continue? All I've done is sumarizing rather selectively what has happened so far...
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:58 pm

:lol: You're in the spirit alright!!

Captain Grania was getting worried about her crew. She had recently suggested that they make their way in their special ship to Namibia for the northerners like herself to warm up a little, before returning and making a large landing party at Glasgow - the temptation to the crew being that they drop in and see Clannad at the same time - and so far only a very very few of her crew had made any response at all! Her first mate and other essential officers, several of whom had recently joined her in the landing party were nowhere to be seen!
"No..." Grania moaned to herself as she sat in her cabin, "please don't tell me they've jumped ship and deserted me!"

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby grace » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:31 am

"Ever fear, never fear! Nonesensical grace is here!" cried a strange looking girl with wild brown hair and a white parakeet on her shoulder, as she swung back and forth on a rope hanging from the sails. As she was on her final swing, the rope snapped and she fell hard on the deck. Not only had she nearly broken her tailbone, she had broken the rope that held the mainsail to the mast! :o Without thinking, she scrambled up the mast and refastened the sail.
Then...
She looked down! This is what she felt: :shock:
Grace
grace

Postby Turlough » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:09 am

Crowing is heard, as of the "bird of dawning", but there is a spectral quality about it that sends shivers through all who hear it.

"Fear not, I am returned!", the words are heard distantly. Captain Granuaile looks up and sees the dim outlines of ghosts. The one who has just spoken is familiar, and holds an equally ghostly Cox harp. Can it be?????

"Donal!" cries Granuaile, beside herself with ecstatic joy, "The cock crows again!"

"We can crew this magic ship of yours, my lady", declares the apparition of Donal, waving a nearly transparent arm to indicate the spectral host gathered around him.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:09 pm

:lol: Boy Turlough, you're too fast for me sometimes :lol:

Not considering the scathing comments that Granuaile had waited centuries to make to her ex-husband, but leaving them for later, Grania ordered a crewman (identify yourselves and ye shall be named!) to see to the poor injured Grace and her parakeet, and looked around for her first mate to make a roll call of names.....

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby eadgyth » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:45 pm

In the meantime parrot Eadgyth the Far-sighted had recovered from her shock at seeing the ghosts (her first) and was now back to her usual cheerful and mischevious self. She used the general confusion and commotion to sneek down to the ship's kitchen to steal a few delicious lemon cookies. Pleased with her spoil she flew up to the top mast to take her - in her opinion - well earned lunch, when suddenly....
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Stories