The Pirate Clan

Got a forum-game you'd like to play or a story you'd like to create or share? This is the place for it! Please do check to make sure we're not already playing the game you have in mind before starting a new thread for it.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Macha » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:40 pm

Aye, Captain Granuaile! I'll make the sails ready now.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Keiko » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:03 pm

Arrrr, I'll be lifting the anchor! I need some assistence to do that though!! This thing weights a LOT!

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:20 pm

Keiko wrote:Arrrr, I'll be lifting the anchor! I need some assistence to do that though!! This thing weights a LOT!

The sails are ready now; come on, I'll help you with the anchor.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:58 pm

Me pirate queen - I hope ye don't mind if I organise things on deck before our voyage - ye will then be able to guide us to our new destination without too many hassles.

ARRRR... Pirate Nancy the Fashionably Late - ye be a genius! We'll be able to live on these lemons for months. *takes bite out of lemon and pulls terrible face* mmmm... Yeaarrr! Takes a real pirate to live off of these beauties! Ye can prepare us lemony dishes in the galley if ye wish. I like a pirate that's prepared, glad ta see ye brought yer own eyepatch and parrot!

Yeaarrr... Ogre - ye'll be in charge of the sailling side of things. I bet ye can teach this old sea salt a thing or two.

Arrrr *clears throat...ahem...* arrr Kosmo - 'tis a fine pirate lemon, I don't have the heart to eat a fellow pirate so we'll tie 'im to the front o' the ship like those maiden carvings!

Arr arr arr Ardens I like ye way of thinking! Chocolate is indeed important. Ye'll be in charge of conducting our chocolate plunderings. We should be pulling up to a harbour village nearby sometime within the next 3 days and ye can put that skill to good use! Meanwhile - have a lemon. :D

Keiko - I've heard many a singing in my day, but I must say all the sirens in all the seven seas would be jealous of that voice. You're first assignment as our entertainer will be to write us some piratey lyrics yeaarrrr... and give a performance when we leave port in.... *glances at watch* ye gads! In 20 minutes!! And we don't even have a destination yet!

Arrrdeearrarr Cap'n Mary Bloodbucket eh? Well, ye can be first mate to our pirate queen and ye can read the charts. I also here that ye be fairly good in the musical department so when ye have time off in the evenings feel free to be part of the act. :mrgreen:

Fruity Maurice Dawkins ye'll be Katy as, alas, anymore captains and we'll be losin' our heads on this 'ere ship. I 'ere yer good at kickin' butt so arrrrrrrrr... feel free to kick but when we come across any other ships - especially those carrying chocolate, in which case ye'll team up with Ardens.

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaerrrr Pegleg Panderson, we all appreciate the sacrifice ye've made with that there leg. Ye'll be the most piratey looking of us all - you're loss will not be in vain. 'Ere, I carved this pegleg for ya out of the lemon tree Nancy, the Fashionably Late brought on board.

Arrrrr Cap'n Jasmine Poopdeck eh? Well, what will ye be offering this fine ship? We could use a lookout in the crowsnest unless ye be suffering from a fear of heights - in which case, judging by yer name, ye may spend year time on the poopdeck.

Alright folks, so we're setting sail, but where to? Any suggestions before we circle the harbour aimlessly? Yearrr... ahem... anybody got a glass of water? I Think I "arrred" a little too much in this post. :shock:
Image Amharc tríd na stoirmeacha.

http://lizzy1e.deviantart.com
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby AndyPandy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:07 pm

Image Yarrrrr! Thanks to ye for the new leg there Nancy and Parrot-perch Lizzy. :lol:

Me old one was suffering a bit from the woodworm and salty sea air, yarrrr! Image
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby mise » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 pm

"Setting sail, without me? You fools and who will read the stars eh! There is no way you can get around the seas without my navigational skills. For I am the one and only Scowlin' Cynthia Straw. And there you have it. And you'd better have me on board, or there ll be hell to pay! There now, out of me way and loosen the ropes, I think we can finally leave" :mrgreen:
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Grania » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:47 pm

Captain on deck!!

Well, 'tis time to set sail from my home shore. I've been below and checked all your cargo - do I have someone in charge of our ordinance? Any volunteers? A pirate's ship must be heavily armed - and believe me this ship is, and so, I must have people to look after it!

I also request that second mate libby, and whoever may assit her, consider a name for our trusty vessel - it has been my habit to name my flagships 'The Queen of Connaught' - but perhaps something would better fit your musical tastes? :wink:

And so, you all have your swords and pistols, I've been gathering the last of my charts and maps from here, my home http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/G ... 0_2106.jpg and am at last ready to set sail.

So here is the plan, we leave from County Mayo, Ireland, and sail due south for now - to wherever the wind may take us!!!!!!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby lizzy1e » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:44 am

Arrr, welcome aboard Scowlin' Cynthia Straw!
Well, of course ye'll be our navigator! What was I thinking? I know nothing of them thar big dippery thingies.

As for the name of this 'ere vessel - judging by our lemon thingie on the front - how about "The Shakey Lemon"? :mrgreen:
Image Amharc tríd na stoirmeacha.

http://lizzy1e.deviantart.com
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:52 am

I'm ashamed of ye! Not followin' on for libby and me, not ready to sail!!!! We'll see about that! Thirty lashes unless someone get's this ship moving!

(starting in narrative form now, otherwise I'll get confused :wink: )

Gráinne strode with a purposeful stride up the deck of her ship, and stood at the bow admiring it and her new crew. They really were a dastardly bunch - good pirates they would make, even if they still needed a little training; but that was not to be worried about, she had Libby, pegleg Panderson and bloodbucket at work on that already.
'The Shakey Lemon' was the newest addition to her fleet, and quite the finest vessel. Gráinne smiled a little. One thing she had not yet told this good crew was that if there was any examples of service above the call of piratical duty on this voyage, then she would give whoever deserved it their own captaincy on one of her other new vessels - perhaps even on the 'Gweedore'.

The sail was set, the flag was flying and they were ready to cast off. Orders were shouted down the deck which the crew followed perfectly, and they were easing out on the current to the mouth of the bay...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/G ... 0_2117.jpg

and away http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/G ... 0_2120.jpg

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Katy the Wondermonk » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:59 am

Arr harr ho ho!!! I say we be set off for Tír na n'Óg! Many a pirates' dream be that! Arr rr harr! And here be a grand master size Guinness for ye, Ludacris Libby of the Lughnassa(to clear ye throat and set yer"arrrrrrrr")!!!! And just a wee draught for the rest of yehs barnacle chewers, just so we may have a bit of a toast before the journey! Too much may make ye absorb the salt in the sea air, so ye all better take it slow!Yo ho ho!!! And ye be correct, me pally! I be the one to keep ye all from meetin Davy Jones' locker(not the guy from the Monkees:lol: )If ye all be on the brink, ye got yer ship monkey here to keeps ye safe; and along with Ardens' pilaged chocolates, I feel ye'll all perform like old salts! Tis a fine crew! And all the more recruits we be welcoming if they choose to keep their backbone in place as we sail the way! Ahoy maties!!!! May we have permission to hoist the sails and set the wheel, cap'ns and queens?! as we be out to the long unexplored shores of paradise!!! ARRRRRGHHHH! The Shaky Lemon be the least scurvy and best vessel to ever set sail into the seas!!
ARRRRRR!!!
Yer faithful one........F.M.D.
Síocháin agus grá
Cáit, an manach iontas
None should act petty, as all hearts are pretty...
Katy the Wondermonk

Postby Turlough » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:03 pm

Ogre was glad of Grainne's good judgement in the choice of a pirate vessel. With its rig of three fore-and-aft sails, the Shakey Lemon could set a more windward course than any ship the Pirate Clan would consider worth pillaging, and be far away, leaving the ship helpless to follow.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby Macha » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:23 pm

lizzy1e wrote:Arrrrr Cap'n Jasmine Poopdeck eh? Well, what will ye be offering this fine ship? We could use a lookout in the crowsnest unless ye be suffering from a fear of heights - in which case, judging by yer name, ye may spend year time on the poopdeck.

Aye, Captain Libby! *climbs up to the crowsnest* But it would be good if I could take turns with someone.
Last edited by Macha on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:31 pm

I'm glad to have a voluteer for such a very important task. Who else can take on such a vital task as that of lookout? Those that will, please come now and speak to me.

These be your duties as lookouts.

1- To watch out for hostile vessels and be ready to inform your shipmates down below at a moment's notice.
2 - To look for any vessel which might be suitable for us to plunder.
3 - Watch out for land - and anything we may be concerned with

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby Macha » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:57 pm

Grania wrote:I'm glad to have a voluteer for such a very important task. Who else can take on such a vital task as that of lookout? Those that will, please come now and speak to me.

These be your duties as lookouts.

1- To watch out for hostile vessels and be ready to inform your shipmates down below at a moment's notice.
2 - To look for any vessel which might be suitable for us to plunder.
3 - Watch out for land - and anything we may be concerned with

Thanks, Cap'n Granuaile. This might be no problem.
Macha
Addicted to Moya

Postby Phantas » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Y'all need a pirate ghost? I'll volunteer LOL !

Pretty late I guess but this ghost was having a holiday :P

I don't make much of a pirate though LOLOL!!

Love,
Phantas
lost in the aether, leave a message...
Phantas
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Stories